Ima Gun Di Counter

Has anyone noticed his leader counter ability has seem to not counter very much. I've noticed it especially when someone uses an attack that attacks all your toons and only my Aayla attacks.

Replies

• Options
    Yes I see the same with my team. Seems to vary a ton each match. Rng decides win/loss againts wiggs. It's very noticeable with his lead
  • Options
    Remember that IGD's counter-attack is not guaranteed, it's only a 35% chance to counter. So in other words you have a 65% chance to fail in rolling a counter-attack. Aayla combined with IGD is 100% I believe which is why she seems to counter all the time.
  • Options
    Right, I believe OP was suggesting that the counter procs less than 1/3 of the time
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Heres the thing about the probabilities displayed in the game, stats like Evasion and IGD's counter are a mean derived from thousands of simulations. So maybe after 10,000 arena sims with IGD, his counter occurs 35% of the time. However, in any single battle it could feel considerably more or considerably less because of the greater standard deviation from having a small sample of attacks.

I use IGD lead for my P1 Heroic AAT team and I have attempts where 4 or 5 Jedi will counter GG's AOE and attempts where only Aayla counters it seems. Unfortunately 1 or even 50 arena matches or AAT P1 attempts really isnt enough data to get a good mean with a small standard deviation to determine what's going on.