Imperial TIE Fighter strafe bug does not refresh when attacking target locked opponent on death

Basically if u use strafe to kill off an enemy with target lock the strafe Cooldown doesn't reset.

If the enemy doesn't die the Cooldown does reset.

The ability says the Cooldown refreshes whenever attacking an enemy with target lock it doesn't mention death or survival.

Please fix or update ability to say it will not refresh strafe if the strafe is a lethal attack because that's how it's working now and I'm kind of sad I invested into a broken ship

Replies

• Options
    LOL add it to the queue
  • Options
    Its FO Tie not the imperial one.

Iv noticed that too though, it still does great damage and target locks decently so its still worth investing in to me
  • Options
    Lol ya

Whichever one does strafe... Gosh I hope they can figure it out (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    I think iv also noticed a bug with his unique TM gain not going s few times as well, have you noticed that at all or am i just seeing things?
  • Henchman805
    317 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »
    I think iv also noticed a bug with his unique TM gain not going s few times as well, have you noticed that at all or am i just seeing things?

Your right his unique does not grant him TM gain when attacking target lock opponents so 2 bugs in 1 with him.

Actually, he gains TM when he attacks a target locked opponent out of turn, but when it's your fotp actual turn the TM gain is applied before the end of the turn so it's lost basically.

Also the description is very vague does it mean when he damages a target locked opponent or any target locked opponent is damaged?

Description: Fotp gains TM whenever a target locked enemy is damaged by an attack.

When I read that I think if a target locked enemy is damaged fotp gains TM.

But the ability seems to work only when fotp does the damage himself to a target locked enemy, and that TM gain is usually lost on the next turn unless fotp attacks out of turn AND attacks a target locked opponent.

So I think they should update the ability to work like it says and anytime a target locked opponent is damaged (by anyone) fotp gains TM.

Or

update description of ability to say what it does now:
    fotp will gain TM when he attacks a target locked opponent out of turn.

Fotp unique is basically working exactly like Biggs unique TM gain but only works Vs target locked enemies.
    Post edited by Henchman805 on
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    It's been reported, the TM gain does seem to work occasionally though but I don't really like ships so I haven't really taken the time to properly test it
  • Options
    Updated it after testing and recording him in action with a target lock team.
  • Options
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

Your right his unique does not grant him TM gain when attacking target lock opponents so 2 bugs in 1 with him.

Actually, he gains TM when he attacks a target locked opponent out of turn, but when it's your fotp actual turn the TM gain is applied before the end of the turn so it's lost basically.

Also the description is very vague does it mean when he damages a target locked opponent or any target locked opponent is damaged?

Description: Fotp gains TM whenever a target locked enemy is damaged by an attack.

When I read that I think if a target locked enemy is damaged fotp gains TM.

But the ability seems to work only when fotp does the damage himself to a target locked enemy, and that TM gain is usually lost on the next turn unless fotp attacks out of turn AND attacks a target locked opponent.

So I think they should update the ability to work like it says and anytime a target locked opponent is damaged (by anyone) fotp gains TM.

Or

update description of ability to say what it does now:
    fotp will gain TM when he attacks a target locked opponent out of turn.

Fotp unique is basically working exactly like Biggs unique TM gain but only works Vs target locked enemies.

The unique pretty clearly states that he gains TM whenever a target locked ship is damaged.

That's a much worse bug than the strafe not resetting when killing ships. I honestly thought about gearing fotp despite him hogging furnace, because that unique is incredible. But no chance now, who knows if/when it would be fixed. My guess would be CG will do some work at some point this month.

Another for the ever growing list
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Updated it after testing and recording him in action with a target lock team.

You should make posts like this in the bug section, the devs actually look them over, but search and make sure that it hasn't been reported before
  • Options
    Ya meant to but accidentally posted it here., maybe a good thing warning others...

because this is a major bug and it's good for people to see it especially since ship is new and basically both of his specials are broken

It will probably get moved tho.