What's going on with Arena?

Prev1
Many of my guild mates and I have noticed that arena shards seem to be merging. All of the sudden 5-10 new top arena players are showing up in the top five in our shards and we have never seen there names before.
And now, some of my guild mates are in my shard when they weren't previously. It's fairly obvious that they are stealth merging servers.
Merging servers is fine but doing it without telling us is a little shady. Anybody else experiencing this? And before you say people just started whaling, realize that we are talking about 40-50 new whalers across multiple shards surging to top arena spots all within g 24 hours

Replies

• Options
    Many of my guild mates and I have noticed that arena shards seem to be merging. All of the sudden 5-10 new top arena players are showing up in the top five in our shards and we have never seen there names before.
    And now, some of my guild mates are in my shard when they weren't previously. It's fairly obvious that they are stealth merging servers.
    Merging servers is fine but doing it without telling us is a little shady. Anybody else experiencing this? And before you say people just started whaling, realize that we are talking about 40-50 new whalers across multiple shards surging to top arena spots all within g 24 hours
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've got same feeling, but was not sure. I am speaking about 30-60 rank. There was a post and moderator denies that there was merge

EDTI: this thread https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/836193#Comment_836193
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Edit: nevermind, someone beat me to it
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Except for mods aren't devs...
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    They are hackers reather. A lot of them are spotted each tournament so its not surprising they appear on arenas as well
  • Options
    I cannot be sure, because it is not so hard to enter in 30-70 rank in my shard, it is not so old and strong, but if you claim that some your guild mates were not previously and now are in your shard.. this seems to me as proof :smile:
  • Options
    Amnor wrote: »
    They are hackers reather. A lot of them are spotted each tournament so its not surprising they appear on arenas as well

I'm sure some are hackers but as I said, a few guildmates that weren't in my shard now are
  • Options
    Doing it without telling us is indeed shady.

I mean are you certain your guild mates weren't on your shard before? I'm sure you are but just to confirm.

I assume you're near the top of arena? So they never saw you at the top of arena and now they see you at the top. What did you ask them and what exactly did they say about what they saw before and see now?

I mean if they moved to your shard then obviously servers are merging
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    this is the first time i've read that guildmates are all of a sudden on the same arena leaderboard. Seems hard to be wrong about not being on the same leaderboard before.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Supercat wrote: »

How about CG comment.

Per @CG_JohnSalera they have not merging leaderboards and if it happens players will be well notified

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/266486/#Comment_266486
    Just to (hopefully) close this out, I wanted to reconfirm that:
    1. The game doesn't have separate servers or shards, but actually different leaderboards
    2. We haven't merged leaderboards or culled them for less active players or anything like that
    3. We currently have no plans to merge, cull, etc. leaderboards. However, if that changes the players will be well notified.

Sound good?
  • Options
    Wow! @scuba are you sure you are not moderator?!? you've got link to everything :smile:
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

How about CG comment.

Per @CG_JohnSalera they have not merging leaderboards and if it happens players will be well notified

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/266486/#Comment_266486
    1. The game doesn't have separate servers or shards, but actually different leaderboards
    2. We haven't merged leaderboards or culled them for less active players or anything like that
    3. We currently have no plans to merge, cull, etc. leaderboards. However, if that changes the players will be well notified.

Sound good?

"There's also no gear crunch. That's why we released the galactic gear pack. Problem solved."
  • Options
    People returning to game due to the movie. No mergers.
  • Options

How about CG comment.

Sound good?

Ally points will never be used for anything other than bronzium, and the tank raid was released in August.

I just can't rectify this: a guildmate of mine, who is top in his arena, all of the sudden is in my arena shard and we have NEVER see each other before, despite being guildmates for months
  • Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

How about CG comment.

Sound good?

"There's also no gear crunch. That's why we released the galactic gear pack. Problem solved."

You mean when the guy comments who has restarted the gamr like 4 timez? Probably right when the gear crunch starts is where he restarts the gam lol. Anyone can be gear tier 8 in less than a day. G9-11 takes do long though
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

How about CG comment.

Sound good?

Ally points will never be used for anything other than bronzium, and the tank raid was released in August.

I just can't rectify this: a guildmate of mine, who is top in his arena, all of the sudden is in my arena shard and we have NEVER see each other before, despite being guildmates for months

The difference is that this comment came straight from the boss man
  • Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

How about CG comment.

Sound good?

The difference is that this comment came straight from the boss man

You are right... but post is too old....
  • Options
    I'm not sure what is going on but I can attest that after being top 3 in arena there are new people in my leaderboard that I've never seen before with unbeatable teams (7* GK, maxed Baze/Chirrut, Vader w/ Zeta, etc....). Just seems weird that all of sudden they appear? Did they not care about arena before? Or they were stuck above rank 50 until they magically got GK? I find that hard to believe.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    pargame wrote: »
    Wow! scuba are you sure you are not moderator?!? you've got link to everything :smile:

Lol.... I have one of those issues where if I read something I know it is out there and where to search for it.
  • Options
    This makes sense i seem to be dropping in my shard allot more often than usual the past few days.

Going down hundreds instead of just 50 or so possitions
  • Options
    I've noticed this too. top 25 in our shard has had a fairly static membership for months. Now there are several new high powered players there.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

How about CG comment.

Sound good?

How about CG comment.

Sound good?

Don't disagree with any of those comments. However excepting someone to come out and admit that they are doing it if they are is well.....
  • Tohu
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't recognize something in my shard, still team instinct all over the place
  • gregg12
    31 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have noticed new names near the top of my arena shard as well. Whether it was from merging shards, I can't be certain. With the 2nd EP event behind us, some players outside the top may have been given the last push they needed to move up.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe because the players got new toons who are op and can climb the ladder now?
  • Options
    Scuba is the human encyclopaedia of the forums. Everyone knows it.

How about CG comment.

Sound good?

Lol. Just lol.

'I haven't noticed that' I believe we're the exact words
  • Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    Scuba is the human encyclopaedia of the forums. Everyone knows it.

How about CG comment.

Sound good?

Lol. Just lol.

'I haven't noticed that' I believe we're the exact words

But he is right - there is no gear crunch - there is shards surplus - we just got too many toons LOL
  • Options
    Sorry - we moved the topic.
    Has someone else noticed that guild mate has been moved in his shard ?
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I think this is the key evidence that must be weighed into account.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

This caught my attention...
    Do or do not...