Boba's Execute Mechanism (damage before or after status effect removal?)

Hello, does anyone know at which moment Boba's Execute applies its damage? Is it before or after the status effect removal?
Let's take a couple of different scenarios:

1) Boba executes a target with defence up: is the defence up taken into account when applying the damage?

2) Boba executes a target with defence down: is defence down taken into account when applying the damage?

3) Boba executes a target with health down: is health down taken into account? Say for example that the execute does just enough damage to kill him with the health down but not enough without it, what happens in this case?

4) Boba executes a target with foresight: does it remove the foresight and then hit the target or does the attack miss because of the foresight?

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• scuba
    14071 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    It dispels, dispel should always be before damage, counting the buffs and debuffs than applies the damage.

I have not tested with FS but excuse is supposed to be unavoidable so it should also remove the fs and cause damage.

You can see mechanics of the ability here:

https://swgoh.gg/characters/boba-fett/ability/execute
  • Options
    It hits through foresight he blew up my TFP
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Execute is unavoidable when Omega'd though. Can someone test Execute on a Foresight target without having the unavoidable omega ability?
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Execute is unavoidable when Omega'd though. Can someone test Execute on a Foresight target without having the unavoidable omega ability?

At that point I am pretty sure only fs goes away and everything else stays and you do not cause damage.

Similar happened when Vader culling blade was dodged or any dispel is dodged.

Evasion happens for all parts of the attack or not. Kind of all or nothing.
  • Options
    It dispels then deals damage, my reason for that being that I critted through crit immunity
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

At that point I am pretty sure only fs goes away and everything else stays and you do not cause damage.

But Vader's Culling Blade doesn't dispel positive status effects. Boba's does. What about GeoSpy? Does his special get dodged when Foresight is up? That might be an easier way to test.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options

But Vader's Culling Blade doesn't dispel positive status effects. Boba's does. What about GeoSpy? Does his special get dodged when Foresight is up? That might be an easier way to test.

Boba and Vader dispel negative status effects using same mechanics, and in the same order.

Dispel will not happen if damage doesn't happen. It's not just damage being dodged it is the attack which is dispel and damage.

Other dispellers like QGJ, sunfac, Asajj Baze, b2 if they try to dispel a target with FS and other buffs the other buffs stay, fs goes away and he does damage.

Don't have gs to test.

Not sure why it matters to much should just omega his execute ability because it makes it that more deadly.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Boba and Vader dispel negative status effects using same mechanics, and in the same order.

Dispel will not happen if damage doesn't happen. It's not just damage being dodged it is the attack which is dispel and damage.

Other dispellers like QGJ, sunfac, Asajj Baze, b2 if they try to dispel a target with FS and other buffs the other buffs stay, fs goes away and he does damage.

Don't have gs to test.

Not sure why it matters to much should just omega his execute ability because it makes it that more deadly.

Good point, I forgot about normal dispellers. Except for Plo. Plo's basic can still remove status effects when it's dodged because the 50% chance to remove all status effects seems to happen after being dodged, but still before damage. That's the only time I've seen a normal positive buff dispel when dodged (not counting teebo as his is unavoidable.)
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes. Geo spy works the same way. All dispels are done first. Foresight, offense up/down, defense up/down etc have no bearing on the final damage apart from contributing a status effect for sacrifice.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Yes. Geo spy works the same way. All dispels are done first. Foresight, offense up/down, defense up/down etc have no bearing on the final damage apart from contributing a status effect for sacrifice.

Oh wait GeoSpy's special can't be evaded either.