There's ONLY 1 Meta and that is....

Prev1
SPEED!

No matter what chars you have, as long as ur team all have SPEED. You will win most of the time.

And if you all look at every topics regarding metas. Every single one of them have over 230 speed on every characters.

That has ALWAYS been with most games, SPEED is King.

Nuff said

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Pre taunts have muted speed to some extent. Not enough to dethrone, but you can now make an extremely competitive team without top speed mods. It is nice.
  • Options
    Ipoopsy2 wrote: »
    SPEED!

No matter what chars you have, as long as ur team all have SPEED. You will win most of the time.

And if you all look at every topics regarding metas. Every single one of them have over 230 speed on every characters.

Nuff said
    I disagree. A team of Ugnaught, CUP, Nightsister Acolyte, Nightsister Initiate and Chewie each with 500 speed will not be able to beat a GK led Barriss Zeta, Fives, and Chaze team.
    There are some things that speed cannot surpass. No matter how speedy your squad is, the next generation characters like Chirrut and Barriss Zeta will be able to match that speed. Why? Because Chirrut/Barriss can perform "actions" without having to take turns. In the old days, you'd need your healer to take a turn to heal a character. Now, Barriss can "heal" a critically hit character just by being present on the team. Or Chirrut can give someone a HoT effect just by standing there.
  • Ipoopsy2
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Synergy wrote: »
    SPEED!

Nuff said
    I disagree. A team of Ugnaught, CUP, Nightsister Acolyte, Nightsister Initiate and Chewie each with 500 speed will not be able to beat a GK led Barriss Zeta, Fives, and Chaze team.
    There are some things that speed cannot surpass. No matter how speedy your squad is, the next generation characters like Chirrut and Barriss Zeta will be able to match that speed. Why? Because Chirrut/Barriss can perform "actions" without having to take turns. In the old days, you'd need your healer to take a turn to heal a character. Now, Barriss can "heal" a critically hit character just by being present on the team. Or Chirrut can give someone a HoT effect just by standing there.

Why don't you reread what I said...

IVE already know there's exceptions to everything.

SPEED will always be KING. Even if you supposedly have a few best/fav chars, With the slowest speed. You will lose MOST of the time. The chars with the fastest speed will most like already attack you already 2-3 times already x 5 and therefore leave you with3-4 chars left....then rince and repeats.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This topic had been belaboured. Beat a dead horse much ? Perhaps u would like to share how the invention of the wheel revolutionized transportation or how metallurgy improved weapon-making or that 2 & 2 is 4 and other insights. Plz enlighten us w/ more common knowlege.

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Finn!!!

Oh wait...
  • Options
    Speed is important but no amount of speed makes up for weak toons. Synergy and character kits are what really make for a meta. Massive speed differences do make battles a lot easier but if it was all that mattered we would see super speed nightsisters taking top spots and other such teams.
    speed matter a lot but speed by itself isn't the be all and end of of a squad.
  • Options
    Speed did start the only meta to be directly nerfed. Poe, his speed was crazy and his taunt changed the game most battles came down to who's Poe came first as speed was RNG based. Not only did they nerf poe's speed but they changed the speeds mechanics so it would the higher speed would always go first even if it was a one speed difference.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Speed can work at your disadvantage vs the right opponent..
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Speed can work at your disadvantage vs the right opponent..

Yeah, for example I run empire, and if the enemy Rex gets his tenacity up buff... well it works against him, because the other guys toons will be fast enough that the tenacity up will go away quickly, and I will still be here thanks to shore.
  • Options
    Speed? I thought it was coke?
    Check out my channel and if you like it feel free to subscribe
    Virtual Gaming World
  • Options
    I think I know what he means. A wiggs with speed mods can win over a wiggs with crt dmg mods. Im starting to see this trend in my arena Top 20.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    MONEY!

No matter what chars you have, as long as you have MONEY. You will win most of the time.

And if you all look at every topics regarding metas. Every single one of them have enough MONEY to get over 230 speed on every characters.

That has ALWAYS been with most games, MONEY is King.

Nuff said

Let me correct that for you.
    Unless you were referring to Keanu Reeves.
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member
    Options
    SPEED!

Nuff said

Confirmed, next op toon Keanu Reeves
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    MONEY!

No matter what chars you have, as long as you have MONEY. You will win most of the time.

And if you all look at every topics regarding metas. Every single one of them have enough MONEY to get over 230 speed on every characters.

That has ALWAYS been with most games, MONEY is King.

Nuff said

Unless you were referring to Keanu Reeves.

Hes the perfect example... Speed = money
  • Synergy
    140 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SPEED!

Nuff said

SPEED will always be KING. Even if you supposedly have a few best/fav chars, With the slowest speed. You will lose MOST of the time. The chars with the fastest speed will most like already attack you already 2-3 times already x 5 and therefore leave you with3-4 chars left....then rince and repeats.
    I did read your post. You did not mention the word "exceptions" in your OP. You said something to the effect of "No matter what chars you have ... speed is king."
    This is wrong, speed is not everything. That was enough back then.
    But now, with the shifting meta you simply *need* certain characters otherwise you cannot beat a team. For example when fighting against a squad with GK/Chaze/Barriss zeta, that requires a mass dispeller AND buff immunity inflicter (and possibly a heal immunity inflicter). Most of the time that means you have to have a char like B2, TFP, and/or Baze on your team. Just having an old meta team like QGJ, Rey, RG, STH and Lando won't cut it, even if they've got perfect speed mods. Without certain crucial characters you will just be bouncing around with double taunt and crit immunity all over the place and maybe just break through protection by the time 5 minutes are up, if you even survive that long.
    Obviously speed is still important and in a Wiggs vs Wiggs matchup, whoever has the speedier Wiggs basically wins (and in a lot of shards that's how it is) but now with the debut of ShoreT, Chaze, GK, and Barriss Zeta, and Zetas in general, especially on the more mature shards you'll find that it's the characters that are just as important.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    SPEED!

Nuff said

I did read your post. You did not mention the word "exceptions" in your OP. You said something to the effect of "No matter what chars you have ... speed is king."
    This is wrong, speed is not everything. That was enough back then.
    But now, with the shifting meta you simply *need* certain characters otherwise you cannot beat a team. For example when fighting against a squad with GK/Chaze/Barriss zeta, that requires a mass dispeller AND buff immunity inflicter (and possibly a heal immunity inflicter). Most of the time that means you have to have a char like B2, TFP, and/or Baze on your team. Just having an old meta team like QGJ, Rey, RG, STH and Lando won't cut it, even if they've got perfect speed mods. Without certain crucial characters you will just be bouncing around with double taunt and crit immunity all over the place and maybe just break through protection by the time 5 minutes are up, if you even survive that long.
    Obviously speed is still important and in a Wiggs vs Wiggs matchup, whoever has the speedier Wiggs basically wins (and in a lot of shards that's how it is) but now with the debut of ShoreT, Chaze, GK, and Barriss Zeta, and Zetas in general, especially on the more mature shards you'll find that it's the characters that are just as important.

You've just mentioned the four characters where speed is not important ... The ones that everybody got easily. And the zeta's that we do not know what to do with them because we've got too many of them ....
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    All things being equal, most of the time with equally goods team/sinergy, the faster one wins on O.

For example, for most server a 272 speed EP is a pita, as well as 280 effective speed Jedi team with GK as well. Wiggs heavily rely on the fact they can 3HKO and AoE crits before the enemy kills them.

Chaze is really good, because they are formidable defensive and lasting duo as well as dangerous diminishing the value of the initiative.
  • Options
    @Ipoopsy2 , I agree. Speed is the most important of all stats if you want to compete for #1 in the arena
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    Actually, the original Meta and still current one is $$$.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    speed got a whole let less important with the introduction of insta taunters. The fastest team doesn't necessarilly win. That said, for most characters i'd still equip an identical mod with a speed secondary over the same mod any other secondary.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    So wrong, speed is not the meta. Money and ally points are the meta.
  • Options
    The term "meta" always concerned what characters are best at high end status. This now includes speed. Without enough speed most toons are pretty much worthless in top-tier arena. But some (combinations of) toons perform better when maxed (what includes great speed mods).
  • Options
    SPEED!

Nuff said

Nuff was spot on, you are wrong.
    Old useless out - of - date topic

Move on
  • Options
    rigged AI is meta
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    RNG manipulation is meta :)
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When you get close to the top i arena where almost everyone uses the same teams, SPEED is the meta -.-''
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    rigged AI is meta

AI is terrible. If the devs made a simple change like focus fire on a random toon, the basicest of the basic strategies (without the percieved rigged AI), you will be begging for them to change it back to what it is now.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    five2zero wrote: »
    rigged AI is meta

AI is terrible. If the devs made a simple change like focus fire on a random toon, the basicest of the basic strategies (without the percieved rigged AI), you will be begging for them to change it back to what it is now.

This. 200%. The AI isn't rigged and is not good.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Speed is not the meta, my droids go first than any team team but i cant beat wiggs or shoretrooper squads
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Skarcha wrote: »
    Speed is not the meta, my droids go first than any team team but i cant beat wiggs or shoretrooper squads

They go first because of your JE, but after they get their real speed, which is maybe less than the Wiggs ones.