Old Daka should have a GUARANTEED revive ability like Ewok Elder

ZedB170993
10 posts Member
edited January 2017
Not sure if this has been addressed before so apologies if it has and I am repeating what others have already said.

Hi all. So, the light side has its share of characters who can revive teamates.

We have Jyn with Rebel Counterattack which has a chance to revive Rebel allies if that attack scores a critical hit- I have no experience of this as I haven't unlocked her yet.

We have Scarif Rebel Pathfinder who can self-revive if he has any buffs when defeated.

On the dark side we have Boba Fett and HK-47 who can also self-revive depending on either chance or a passive buff.

And then we have Ewok Elder- going back to the lightside again- who has not one, but TWO revive abilities. The first is his secondary ability which heals everyone for a decent amount AND has a chance- 35% fully perked- to revive defeated allies- more than one at the same time if I recall right.
The second is a FULLY GUARANTEED revive ability that can revive any random defeated ally. This is pretty dope and I'm glad I have him as a character in my team. He makes up part of my top team as a secondary healer and reviver in case my plan all goes to bantha poodoo. Great for my lightside team as well.

On the Dark Side, the group healer and reviver for my dark side team is Old Daka. She has an impressive attack for a healer which can stun, and her heal ability is pretty good- not as epic as Bariss, probably near Luminara in terms of effectiveness. She has two abilities that can revive fallen teammates.
This is good too. Except for one problem- they are chance based. Meaning that every time I'm fighting on Dark Side and I lose a teammate, I have to take a gamble using Old Daka's heal ability hoping, just hoping that the Chant of Resurrection or Serve Again's passsive/chance based revive ability kicks in and I don't lose a star rating and have to restart the campaign battle as a result.

Ok so the campaign star rating thing is an minor inconvenience, but level with me here.
I would much prefer it if the Dark Side had a guaranteed reviver on their side.

It would make sense that Old Daka is given the revive ability, but I think this ability should be guaranteed. She's a good healer and doesn't sacrifice health to heal others like Talia does. I think it would be a great benefit and an equalising element for the Dark side to have. The ability could have a long cooldown like Power of the Forest with Ewok Elder and you'd have to be prompt and smart with its timing. So it will have its drawbacks like any other special ability but used properly will help turn the tide.
It's called the Chant of Resurrection......so....Resurrect!!!

The only con I can see to this if if Old Daka gets a definitive revive ability, we could start seeing teams with both Ewok Elder and Old Daka characters meaning teams will have two revivers and healers in their groups, extending arena battles and quite possibly risking a headache among determined players if these healers have been levelled up to the max. However I think everyone here can vouch for the fact that having a revive ability is not an immediate guarantee of victory, as with a group of high level characters and a committed persistent player, all a reviver character would be doing is prolonging the inevitable. So having two characters who can both heal and revive fallen teammates would not necessarily make the team invincible. Not fully anyway.

What do you all think? Hope the patchers take notice of this! Apologies for the all caps lock writing!
Post edited by ZedB170993 on