Please let us customize Arena payout times

The current system where you are assigned a permanent payout time at the time you create your account is flawed.

1. When you create your account, you have no idea how important your time zone will be to your daily schedule.
2. It can never be changed.
3. It conflicts with commuting and/or family dinner time. The game actually incentivizes players to play while driving, which is inherently dangerous both for the player and for others on the road at that time. Otherwise, it distracts from family dinner time, causing players to be rude to their families. That can't be the intent of a family oriented franchise such as Star Wars, right?

Please treat it like the player name. Give each player one free opportunity to change their payout. Any subsequent changes costs crystals.

A well designed game should be able to be played at the player's leisure and convenience, not force the player to schedule their daily schedule around an arbitrary in-game time, engage and reckless behavior, or alienate family members.

Replies

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    Create a new account and select best payout time zone accordingly.
    1. A few days after account creation, you should have realised how important time zone is to your daily schedule.
    2. As mentioned, you can change time zone at account creation.
    3. Insisting on negative behaviour rather than cutting your losses early and starting over is all on you.

If ever this feature were to be implemented, it would have to cost more than 500 crystals at least or else the Arena champion can keep on changing pay out time and collect rewards. Even the first free change would equate to 500 crystals to the top player.

Please seriously reconsider changing the game to suit you rather than changing your life to suit the game.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Create a new account and select best payout time zone accordingly.
    1. A few days after account creation, you should have realised how important time zone is to your daily schedule.
    2. As mentioned, you can change time zone at account creation.
    3. Insisting on negative behaviour rather than cutting your losses early and starting over is all on you.

If ever this feature were to be implemented, it would have to cost more than 500 crystals at least or else the Arena champion can keep on changing pay out time and collect rewards. Even the first free change would equate to 500 crystals to the top player.

Please seriously reconsider changing the game to suit you rather than changing your life to suit the game.

This is a really stupid solution. You want me to tank an account I've had for over a year and have invested heavily into to start over from square one. Then you contradict yourself by saying I should change the game suit myself? That is exactly what I'm requesting. The ability to change the game to suit my life style. I would pay 3000--perhaps more--crystals without hesitation to do this.
  • Options
    I would gladly sit out a days worth of arena payout (crystals and credits), challenge resets, daily activity resets, pretty much take a 24 hour lock to change my timezone. you get a 24 hour lock when you change guilds and it works, why couldn't it on the rest of the game?

not sure what timezone my phone thought it was when the game started... India maybe? but it's a pain when my cantina energy refresh is 1am and my arena pays out at 7am. there should be a way to change it be it monthly/yearly whatever with a 24 hour payout lockout. I mean what happens if you move? start over? doesn't seem right.
  • Options
    Great idea. This game is so addicting that it can take a lot of an individuals time. To be able to customize payout would make lifestyles outside the game better. Having an evening window of 2+ hours just to focus on payouts does interfere with life outside of game play.

That being said, there are growing groups of shard mates that tend to dominate top spots at payouts. Moving in on what they consider "sacred grounds" at specific times could gain more momentum for them to change payouts as to spread their payout times to not have to overlap same times.

To play this game and to improve it, enhances the overall experience is why Star Wars was created. It gets better all the time.
  • Options
    I'd love to be able to change my time. As it is it makes my commute and evening dinner time a pain. Ideally I could set it around 2 or 3 pm or maybe 10 and 11pm. Let it be a one time for free change then maybe you can do it once a month for a crystal cost. That way if you move or decide the time you have doesn't work again due to whatever life change you can change it.
  • Options
    volitan wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to change my time. As it is it makes my commute and evening dinner time a pain. Ideally I could set it around 2 or 3 pm or maybe 10 and 11pm. Let it be a one time for free change then maybe you can do it once a month for a crystal cost. That way if you move or decide the time you have doesn't work again due to whatever life change you can change it.

+1

I have just moved and will probably have to quit the game if this does not get implemented soon, not being able to compete during arena seriously impacts my motivation to continue playing.