New Character Crunch

I know and Support SWGoH and EA in creating, promoting, and supporting Characters for recent movies and events to remain current and loyal to the franchise. But I fear for the Character Crunch we will be missing out on

Before SWGoH I had NEVER heard of IG-88 or Dengar from just generally watching the movies. Yet each of them has Sprite in the game.

However one of the Biggest, Possibly the main Character in the Series according to a quote by Lucas, R2-D2 is STILL not in the Game, Hando, Wolf, Gregor, C3PO, Bail Organa, Shaak Ti etc are not in the game at all.

The Night Sisters even made it. I dunno who or where Zam comes from but I have a hunch that we'll see characters that come out in recent movies (like the Rogue One Characters or Episode VIII) before we see a R2-D2 or the anything of the sort or from TCW. There are so many movies coming out and so many characters and events and tourneys they're going to have to create and as much as I appreciate and am not down playing ships, I don't see them having/taking the time to Add any TCW or OT characters going forward. And this just breaks my heart.

I didn't know a thing about Bistan before 3 weeks ago and Now I have him before I got R2 who i've known about for years. With the movies coming out so quickly and the rendering and create times. I just don't see Rebels Characters or anyone else fitting inbetween the movie schedules. What do you other players think about the Character Release Strategy?

As a statement I'd like to say I'd rather have those characters and wait longer for Episode 8 Characters than the reverse and if any of the Devs or whoever is reading this I just want to urge you guys to consider it before blowing off some of the most called for, interesting, exciting, and franchise representing Characters yet to be seen in SWGoH. And I say this in love and sad earnest. I mean I get it, but the least I can do for the burden on my Heart is make a post right? I mean no harm to anyone or anything. *sigh*

Replies

• Options
    If you've never heard of IG88, Dengar or Zam, you should try watching the movies, they're great, what this whole game is based on
  • Options
    And TCW toons not in game? The whole clone trooper squad is there plus the Umbaran star fighter.
  • Options
    There's tons of characters not in the game. Patience, more will come, don't worry.
  • Options
    I don't understand the desire for R2-D2 or 3PO in this game. R2 is an astromech droid designed for multiple utilitarian purposes, including providing diagnostics and repairs during spaceflight. 3PO is a protocol droid designed for human-cyborg relations, as he likes to remind everyone. What's next, calls for Shmi Skywalker-Lars to be included in the game?

Personally, I'd like to see the Endor recon/scout stormtroopers added. Could be a chance to add to the empire roster which is a little slim at the moment, considering they're the primary antagonist of the original three films.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Just to clarify my position on R2...
    Just because Lucas put all these gee-whiz CG capabilities into him in the prequels doesn't mean he should be doing all that stuff against Emperor Palpatine and a guy with a laser mini gun (Baze).
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    If you look at the ships UI you can see there's a little "mod" section where I think R2 may come into play, but don't quote me in that.
  • Options
    I had a feeling that we would see astromech droids come in as an add on to ships. Like the mods were for the toons. I agree it would be silly to see the emperor versus R-2. Though a part of me might like it, it's still a silly idea.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    People need to stop asking for the $$$ shot 2 minutes into the film.

They will release toons like this as time goes on to keep interest and profits going up or steady.

It's a business model, and a game second. (Maybe third)
  • Options
    Yep - astromech's are coming, they'll be used in ships as a "mod" type thing. Don't know if we'll get R2 or C3PO as playables, but TBH, I don't want them. I want them for my ships.
  • Options
    Wow thanks for the encouragement, answers, and support guys. Yeah I've really got some more patience and considering to do when it comes to their Business Model and Character Release Strategy.

One think i didn't flesh out in my Orig Post was that I find it interesting that Classic Characters that are Recognized By everyone for Like 40 Years are passed over by Rogue One Characters who we've JUST been introduced too when the clamor around the Orig Trig characters has been much louder, while Rogue One is a great film but was mostly serving plot holes and the characters weren't legendary or clout bringing enough.

So my fear is that if this is the Model now, we may never see many of the other Characters that are more known in the community than Dengar etc. We do have a few Clones but as someone else mentioned they're missing quite a lot of characters.

And you guys are right I didn't even remember to notice the little astromech droid sign by the corner in SHIPS. Their movie Release Schedule is extremely crowded, and many off-shoot trilogy films at that, but it will be interesting to see the developers walk the tightrope between Business Model and Fleshed out Star Wars game.

As for R2-D2 vs Palpatine...lol I guess it's a little ridiculous as a blow for blow fight. I think the force providentially can use characters like R2 or EWOKS to topple mighty and capable foes like the Emperor. But there's been necessary nerfs in this game before too. Some of the Jedi were 100 times better in TCW than they're abilities in SWGoH, if we're being honest. Overall the Sith and Jedi should be running over everyone in SWGoH. Especially EP and Yoda.
  • Ivbinkickinbutt
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'd like to see jar jar bing... Yes he is hated by most but it would be fun having him do acidental attacks... Blue bomb juggling into enemy's... Or tripping on a severe Droid arm and blasting a baddie
  • Options
    I propose a new rule:

Only those are allowed to ask for new characters in the game, who have at least 80% of the existing ones unlocked, leveled and geared.
  • Options
    NDSnyder wrote: »
    I propose a new rule:

Only those are allowed to ask for new characters in the game, who have at least 80% of the existing ones unlocked, leveled and geared.

+9*10^99
    LOL I've got enough
  • Options
    Nightsisters are in the Game from SWTCW. Also, I don't like Idea to see c-3po, however I do see R2-D2 maybe. R2 more as a droid for Ships. I would like to see Jango Fett in the game. Would be cool to see him, because Cad Bane is no Jango Fett, even though Cad Bane is a cool inclusion to the game. I can see Jango and Cad being similar to each other in terms of their main ability, since they both use 2 Blasters. Other then that I see Jango having Flamethrower and some Rocket ability that comes from his Jet Pack or the Poison Dart ability.