Continue Kylo Ren or start GS?

From cantina I have farmed Kylo to five star and have 25/85 shards toward 6 star. GS looks pretty awesome and I don't know whether to start farming him instead.
Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• Options
    That's exactly what I done and never looked back. Almost got geo to 5* now and he is a mainstay in my A-team
  • Options
    depends on the team, kylo fits in a certain team only imo, GS fits in a lot of different varieties. Kylo is awesome for galatic though.
  • Options
    Boabs wrote: »
    That's exactly what I done and never looked back. Almost got geo to 5* now and he is a mainstay in my A-team
    Do you think he'd fit with IG88 Sid Phasma Lead and Lumi?

• Options
    depends on the team, kylo fits in a certain team only imo, GS fits in a lot of different varieties. Kylo is awesome for galatic though.

Yeah, Kylo is usually my last survivor in Galactic War. GS seems like a boss though.
  • Options
    This is not the bug you are looking for,lol.
  • Options
    Bigsy15 wrote: »
    Boabs wrote: »
    Do you think he'd fit with IG88 Sid Phasma Lead and Lumi?

Without a doubt
  • Options
    Having kylo at 7* and purp loaded. I would say to go with GS.
    GS seems like a much better choice right now, with assist every other turn (so out damages Kylo) and speed advantage (so GS hits more per game).
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    Options
    Both GS and 88 will work better if you got Poggle as well (ditch Phasma).
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Options
    WWJDl wrote: »
    Having kylo at 7* and purp loaded. I would say to go with GS.
    GS seems like a much better choice right now, with assist every other turn (so out damages Kylo) and speed advantage (so GS hits more per game).

Okay I'll go with GS
  • Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    Both GS and 88 will work better if you got Poggle as well (ditch Phasma).

So should I be Lumi to six star or go straight for poggle?
  • Options
    I recently started farming GS after getting Kylo to 5*. Kylo is okay, but GS is awesome. The only regrets I have so far is going back to stage 1 cantina nodes makes me run out of sim tickets every day, and I no longer get 400 cantina energy per day w/ 1 refill. But GS is awesome even at 3/4*.
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    I recently started farming GS after getting Kylo to 5*. Kylo is okay, but GS is awesome. The only regrets I have so far is going back to stage 1 cantina nodes makes me run out of sim tickets every day, and I no longer get 400 cantina energy per day w/ 1 refill. But GS is awesome even at 3/4*.

I suppose it's easy enough to put it on auto because the battle is easy
  • Options
    GS all day, all night.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    Gotta be honest I dot see GS keeping it's 5k plus non crit plus assist attack every other turn . I just dont.
  • Options
    Eaywen wrote: »
    Gotta be honest I dot see GS keeping it's 5k plus non crit plus assist attack every other turn . I just dont.

I have him lvl 70 7* lvl 9 gear he crits 95% of the time.. That's with Sid as leader his damage goes down with Phasma, but the chance of him hitting more with her.. But with Poe on other teams you want him to hit hard .So Sid as leader might be a little better. All I know is if he is not dead one toon on the other team is dead his 1st shot with assist .. if he gets a 2nd shot another toon loses 1/2 to 3/4 of its health with his possible turn meter reduction he normally gets his 3rd shot if any of the other team is standing..
  • Options
    dinks182 wrote: »
    Eaywen wrote: »

I have him lvl 70 7* lvl 9 gear he crits 95% of the time.. That's with Sid as leader his damage goes down with Phasma, but the chance of him hitting more with her.. But with Poe on other teams you want him to hit hard .So Sid as leader might be a little better. All I know is if he is not dead one toon on the other team is dead his 1st shot with assist .. if he gets a 2nd shot another toon loses 1/2 to 3/4 of its health with his possible turn meter reduction he normally gets his 3rd shot if any of the other team is standing..

Sounds a lot better than Kylo
  • Options
    Kylo is better long term

GS is good now

both are great.

why not farm one and get it to 7 stars?
  • Options
    Kylo is better long term

GS is good now

both are great.

Care to elaborate on the long term vs now? 7 star, one slot to VIII gear Kylo here. He's OK, but I deeply regret not going for GS(he was to ugly and squishy at 3 stars, lol).

Wish I could farm him at higher missions as I need the ability gear drops and cantina currency more than him.
  • Options
    Kylo is better long term

GS is good now

both are great.

Care to elaborate on the long term vs now? 7 star, one slot to VIII gear Kylo here. He's OK, but I deeply regret not going for GS(he was to ugly and squishy at 3 stars, lol).

Wish I could farm him at higher missions as I need the ability gear drops and cantina currency more than him.

Ul not regret if you 7* kylo, he is best with your phasma and sid, if you could get poogle, just add another aoe like vader, they can beat any gs with poe
  • Vouter
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    for you reference gs stats lvl 66 7*

jrN8YLL.jpg
  • Options
    geno is strong till the next capraise, hell drop out of arenateams with the lv 80 capraise

will they raise the cap in february? yes -> dont go for geno | no -> go for geno

noone knows
  • Options
    Schmozart wrote: »
    geno is strong till the next capraise, hell drop out of arenateams with the lv 80 capraise

will they raise the cap in february? yes -> dont go for geno | no -> go for geno

noone knows

How will GS weaken with the Level 80 cap raise?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Vouter wrote: »
    for you reference gs stats lvl 66 7*

jrN8YLL.jpg

Thanks
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Schmozart wrote: »

noone knows

How will GS weaken with the Level 80 cap raise?
    Thanks!

He won't be weaker. Simply will lose the adventage he has now (gear IX), as everybody will get there. He still will have a cooldown 2 assist ability, turn7 initiative and turn meter on crits, so he will be awesome anyways
  • Options
    HeHateMe wrote: »
    I don't get all the hate on kylo ? I have him 7 star and love him. And you are telling me the AI doesn't target counter characters ? I don't know if it's my account or what but kylo and dooku always get targeted 1st. I know gs is a great character but I love my kylo. Facing Poe teams is great with kylo. My reset goes off all the time. And if I am 50% I hit for 12k. So yes gs is a great char I have him as well. But I rather play with kylo. I am f2p. Just my two cents. Don't let people hate. Ohh Ya I am not number 1 on my ranking but I go between 5-10 on mine. Lvl 67 and 2400 power

Yeah I have Kylo too and think he's pretty good but I've gone with GS now and enjoy him very much.
  • Options
    GS for sure, I have maxed Kyle and only regrets I didn't max GS instead.
  • Options
    As a #1 ranked arena player, I would say go with Kylo. I battled a squad with 3k more power than me and Kylo is the reason I beat them. He was last man standing and he killed everyone who attacked him with his counterstrike. When he has retribution, he is a juggernaut. My 7* Kylo has 14172 health. You can't ignore him. GS will not attack more with his assists than Kylo with his retribution.
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Both are good, play the one fits your team better. Kylo is better in FO, AOE and counter attack teams, Geo in single tsrget fast teams
  • Options
    As a #1 ranked arena player, I would say go with Kylo. I battled a squad with 3k more power than me and Kylo is the reason I beat them. He was last man standing and he killed everyone who attacked him with his counterstrike. When he has retribution, he is a juggernaut. My 7* Kylo has 14172 health. You can't ignore him. GS will not attack more with his assists than Kylo with his retribution.

Will definitely take that into account, thanks!