Is Grievous the only counter to Barriss Zeta right now?

He's the only AOE heal-blocker toon in the game.

Anyone else found an effective counter-team aside from?

I got mopped nearly 5 tries in a row (first time I've had to encounter her was in this "tourney") and I laughed heartily (wishing I had done the Barriss Zeta sooner) but now I'm forced to fight her. I did a Grievous situation and it worked out. But then I thought, I paid through the nose for GG, and vast-majority doesn't have him, nor geared fully.

This seems lock a lock-out situation that needs some fixing, no? I don't see how you can win against Barriss (Z), 5's, B2, RG, and Boba. Who left...Sidious? Come on. Lol

Replies

• Options
    Shock prevents the heal also so EP is still viable. The team really becomes a problem when you have Zarriss and Chaze together.

I fought them with my Maul zeta and I had to retreat eventually because Maul had so much health he couldn't die but he couldn't possible damage Chaze enough to win it.
  • Options
    KeKattia wrote: »
    Shock prevents the heal also so EP is still viable. The team really becomes a problem when you have Zarriss and Chaze together.

I fought them with my Maul zeta and I had to retreat eventually because Maul had so much health he couldn't die but he couldn't possible damage Chaze enough to win it.

Zarriss AND Chaze... *shivers* And good call on the shock, forgot about that entirely while writing the OP. And that also answered my Maul Zeta question too. Stalemate. I'm hoping this is just a transition period where the overpoweredness (totally a word) is just temporary although it would be nice for a "hey, we're working on other Zetas and toon re-works to help combat this.

I am truly awe-struck at some of these team compositions. Hats off to those that discovered them early enough. I am not one of those. Haha
  • Options
    Yeah was a GK - L, Chaze, Zarriss, B2 vs. my Zaul, EP, GK, Zarriss, B2 I would have probably won it if the AI didn't focus fire EP every darn battle before going at random targets, loosing EP even before I got rid of their B2 and GK hurt bad.

I do think that there will be combos that will work against it but right now certainly amongst the top most difficult teams I've faced. In general never have a problem with Maul Zeta against most teams, Chaze however make a real challenge out of a battle. Zarriss only adds to it
  • Options
    Dots are good too.. So 10 dots are an instant kill
  • Options
    What about the clones zeta couldn't they take out barris zeta
  • Options
    Slattzilla wrote: »
    What about the clones zeta couldn't they take out barris zeta

Not saying they can't (saw a video of them doing it) but they aren't ideal.

Low base damage + lots of crits = lots of healing on barriss's part
  • Options
    So I found a Zarriss/Chaze team last night and jumped in the ring just to experiment. Tried EP(L), Grievous, Boba, Sun Fac, and Aayla (all maxed/modded). Lost. Albeit not by a lot, but I never felt control over the match.

Opposing team either had the greatest RNG in history, or they're modded with Resistance/Defense because there was a LOT of resisting on both the shocks and the heal-block AOE. Grievous, even at 160 speed, doesn't cycle fast enough to get multiple AOE attempts, Aayla's stun landed a few times, but not every time (even w/Potency at 78.7%).

So now I'm stuck. In my head, a Heal-Block/Stun team should've handicapped them. Back to the drawing board.
  • Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    So I found a Zarriss/Chaze team last night and jumped in the ring just to experiment. Tried EP(L), Grievous, Boba, Sun Fac, and Aayla (all maxed/modded). Lost. Albeit not by a lot, but I never felt control over the match.

Opposing team either had the greatest RNG in history, or they're modded with Resistance/Defense because there was a LOT of resisting on both the shocks and the heal-block AOE. Grievous, even at 160 speed, doesn't cycle fast enough to get multiple AOE attempts, Aayla's stun landed a few times, but not every time (even w/Potency at 78.7%).

So now I'm stuck. In my head, a Heal-Block/Stun team should've handicapped them. Back to the drawing board.

wow
  • Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »

So at least in my experience Aayla is not a great counter to the Barris zeta. You need her to land a crit in order to stun and her basic is weak enough to where Barris actually gains health when she crits. Rather than go back to the drawing board, you could try someone like Anakin in her place and see how that works
  • Options
    Is the debuff plan sound? Barriss auto dispels debuffs end of turn, and kenobi and chirrut both actively clean the team (and chirrut gives tenacity up). Does anything actually stay on anyone?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Mewingloki wrote: »
    Is the debuff plan sound? Barriss auto dispels debuffs end of turn, and kenobi and chirrut both actively clean the team (and chirrut gives tenacity up). Does anything actually stay on anyone?

Zeta Vader will keep those DoTs rolling even with the cleanse. As long as theres no tenacity up BEFORE the DoTs go you should be fine. And chirrut will only give tenacity up to non-debuffed allies, so as long as you give DoTs to everyone before chirrut cleanses, you'll be fine. Zeta Vader + anyone with heal block and you can take out Zarriss. Best counter to it other than EP just shocking everyone.