Too many tanks

Is it just me or are there way too many viable tanks in this game now? We've had a meta that requires a tank now for about 9 months and theyre becoming more and more prevalent. First it was Royal Guard, Sthan and Poe. Then Sun Fac came and raised hell for those of us that use little to no money to get ahead. Nebit has his place as well. Now we have Shoretrooper, Baze and SRPathfinder with immense health pools, but otherwise are terrible toons. Where'd all the heroes go? These are zeroes, dead fish, sack riders. Wheres the healer love, the bliss of 5 attackers, the utility of support stars? B2 and Asajj our best aeo dispellers are snubbed, too slow to be meaningful at the start of a battle.
Arena is my favorite but all the second rate characters given taunts are oversaturating arena. Wiggs was never fun, he was simply necessary to break the taunt chain for a month or two. Tfp is amazing but these poorly designed autotaunts kill his utility at times. Zetas are nice it will mix things up a bit but taunts will still plague arena. I just want Arena to be Great again. Its just so stagnant and anticompetitive right now.

Replies

• Options
    And yet i only have 1 viable tank which is RG
  • Options
    You do realize that there used to be one tank on a team of 5 when there are four types. That means at least one type gets 2 people.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    More viable tanks are a good thing. It adds diversity.
  • Options
    Haha I understand your point.. tanks are annoying and ruin synergy. That's their entire purpose lol

Don't live in the past. We all can't run Phasma, Geo, QGJ, 86, and Rey anymore lol and all those teams were stupid then too. All top 50 had same exact roster.

This is the Age of Defense. The Age of Healers died long ago. The Age of Zeta's is upon us. They will introduce more dynamics to the game. Better buckle up.
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • Options
    This is the Age of Defense. The Age of Healers died long ago. The Age of Zeta's is upon us. They will introduce more dynamics to the game. Better buckle up.

This is the dawning of the Age of the Zetas, the Age of the Zetaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas ...
  • Options
    Farm B2. You'll love to fight tanks then.
  • Options
    My ventress is at 278 speed 306 speed if I put her in lead she goes before everyone and is fantastic at removing insta taunt.
  • R5D4sMotivator
    204 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Asajj is absolutely viable. If more people had any sense they'd get her to about 190 speed; with her unique that's 250. She can go before most all chaze / wiggs / empire combos at that speed, and she dispels everyone instantly.

Oh and she's F2P and easy to gear. But hey, don't listen to me, just keep buying chaze toons!
  • Options
    I was venting a bit. Never did like tanks and now theyre overflowing.

How do you guys mod Asajj? I have her g11 and she's one of my absolute favorite toons, but I'm bad with mods.
  • Options
    Asajj is a great swiss-army-knife, jack-of-all-trades toon. She has a lot of utility. As such, there is no perfect way to mod her. It's all based on how you're going to use her. Some potency for her stun? Health to accentuate her great self-healing? Speed? Offense? Sure... all viable options to one degree or another.

I like to have mine speed-tuned to take care of dual taunts (so not the fastest, but fast enough), with some potency where I can get it for the stun, and as much health as I can get. But lately, she's been getting stunned a lot by fast EP's. So I may need to add in some tenacity if I can figure out how without completely gutting the rest of her kit.
  • Options

This is the dawning of the Age of the Zetas, the Age of the Zetaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas ...

If we ever meet I will buy you a beer.

Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Options

lol no such thing as too many tanks.