Next shard shop exclusive character & shard shop rework

Any ideas on who we'll see replace K2 if they do? Or who you'd like? I know Baze wasn't in there very long and I regret not grabbing him while he was. I feel like they'll put in Cassian or Jyn who I don't care for.. I'd love to see Chirrut but I'm going to say they most likely wouldn't put him in there to keep him more rare. But maybe Shore would be a good pick or even better a new Empire character like Krennic or Deathtroopers.

And in terms of Shard shop, it needs a rework. Who the heck is trading 20 shards for 2 shards of Jedi Knight Guardian? What's the point there? It should be a place where you can get characters that aren't farmable any other way. I think it should be a place to release a toon before it gets released more widely as in a shop or Cantina node or as a temporary release like Baze & K2. I'd also like to see more rare gear added. I also don't see a point for GG and K2 to take up 3 spots. They only need 1.. That just always bugs me lol. Certainly people are saving more then 10k in shard shop currency every day..

Replies

• ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I hope shore goes in there, still chilling at 40/50
  • Options

I'm exactly the same.. After spending $60 on chromiums to get the last 10 I gave up and started farming Baze in shipments.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I think the Shardshop has been used try and rectify mistakes. For example, Baze was added because of the unexpected drop rate in Chromiums and K2 was added because...well you know I don't want to bring that up again. However, I'd like another exclusive character to be added how Vader was and not how Grevious is. I'll never get Grevious based on how many shards I'll need. It was enjoyable checking the shard shop to see if I lucked out and could add to the Vader grind or if my 5 day drought would continue.
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options

Same here, I'd love to see him farmable somewhere.
  • Options
    Only time I've ever used shard shop was when I needed 2 shards for akbar to make him 100 from 98 as I'd rather not waste arena currency lol. It's dead to me. I could pool all my resources to j lock someone (could've done it for baze) but it's not worth it imo
  • Options
    Shard shop is damage control for all the shortcomings caused by bad RNG from gamble packs and promotions.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you think the shard shop is for you, you're gonna have a bad time.

It's for whales who blow through chromiums like a hot knife through butter.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    If you think the shard shop is for you, you're gonna have a bad time.

It's for whales who blow through chromiums like a hot knife through butter.

I'm currently not farming any characters. Well except Baze in shipments. So no one in cantina shipments, cantina nodes or arena. GW I'm using only for ship shards and fleet shipments I'm saving for zetas(I think). So I've got a lot of shards going to shard shop. Usually I save for a full raid gear piece in there but i kinda feel like waiting to see what character gets added in there if any.