Which 8 ships at what power level to unlock zeta challenge?

I know you need 8 ships that are 5* and 5 of which must be dark side and a 5* Executrix. I'm wondering which 8 ships are the best ones to work on to unlock this challenge and what gear level, pilot level, ship level, star level, do you need to realistically beat the challenge? Also, I am no where with my Genosian Spy ship or Genosian Spy toon, is he worth starting from scratch to develop?

Replies

• Options
    The 8 ships at 5* can be any ships - you only need 5 dark-side ships at 4* to unlock 5* Tarkin (which you don't need to 3*)
  • Options
    I already know that. I want to know what 8 ships and at power levels you needed to beat the challenge the easiest.
  • Options
    My squad is able to 1*/2* the challenge, so it is close to minimal probably..

Ship - ship stars – ship lvl – toon gear lvl – handicaps (anything below full 5* lvl 15 mods, 85lvl toon)
    Tarkin – 5* - 50 – III – lvl50 and no good mods – total power 7653
    BIGGS – 5* - 75 – X - none
    Wedge – 5* - 75 – X – none
    Jedi Consular – 5* 70 - VIII – lvl81, 2x only 4dot mods
    Geo Soldier – 5* - 70 - X - none
    Ashoka – 5* - 70 - X – 2 mods 12lvl
    Reinforce:
    Sun Fac – 5* - 70 - X – only 6* toon
    Imperial Tie – 5* - 70 – VII – only lvl 57 and no mods
    FO Tie – 5* - 60 – V – only lvl 50 and no mods
  • Options
    Thanks, it's going to be a long grind.
  • Options
    When I first unlocked Zeta challenge I was also 1* or 2* but here's something I figured out that helped me 3* it pretty quickly:

Don't bring a taunter in your main squad.

Seriously. I would consistently lose Biggs or SF if I brought them, thereby costing me the 3*. Not being able to control the taunt when you need to keep everyone alive is a huge liability.

Instead, bring Plo Koon. You can use his targeted taunt to take heat off a squishy if you need to by slapping a taunt (and extra protection) on the healthiest guy in your lineup.

My lineup for the three star was:

Consular - 5* - lvl 70 ship - lvl 78 gear 8 pilot

Wedge - 5* - lvl 70 ship - lvl 85 gear 11 pilot

Ahsoka - 5* - lvl 70 ship - lvl 85 gear 10 pilot

Geonosian Soldier - 5* - lvl 70 ship - lvl 85 gear 10 pilot

Plo Koon - 5* - lvl 60 ship - lvl 81 gear 10 pilot
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Well, we'll soon see. I first need to beat the bloody T4 Tarkin challenge, which is hard enough. Waiting for Slave One, because my FOTF and his ship are nowhere near strong enough for this.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My team to three star the Zeta mat challenge was:

Home One Capital Ship

At the time, all 8 of my ships were 5-star ships between Level 68 and 73:

Jedi Consular (Level 78/Gear 9 toon)
    Ahsoka (Lvl 80/G10)
    Biggs (Lvl 85/G11)
    Wedge (Lvl 85/G11)
    Geo Soldier (Lvl 81/G10)
    Fives (Lvl 80/G10)
    TFP (Lvl 85/G10)
    Sun Fac (Lvl 75/G9)

I was lucky because all these toons except Sun Fac were already pretty leveled up and geared up toons (was in the process of working on TFP at the time). All of the toons were 7* at the time except for Sun Fac, who was 6*.

I bought the Executrix pack that got me 50 Sun Fac shards and leveled him up through Ship shipments.

The 5 Dark Side ships I used to get Executrix were:

Geo Soldier, Sun Fac, TFP, First Order TFP, and Geo Spy.

My Geo Spy is only Level 50 and gear level 3. I haven't used him since I got Executrix to 5*. I have Tie Fighter Advanced and Slave One now and they are much better ships so I am focusing on bringing them eventually into my fleet.

• Options
    Uh...what? You have to use tarkin's useless ship...can't pick ackbar
  • Options
    irafreak wrote: »
    Uh...what? You have to use tarkin's useless ship...can't pick ackbar

FACT