Maul or Vader for zeta?

Prev1
Who has more utility for arena and heroic AAT?

Replies

• Options
    Maul
  • Options
    Hands down Maul
  • Options
    Vader is way better for AAT. Zeta Maul provides almost nothing for heroic. The videos you see of maul in AAT is for normal, he can't survive enrages or even basic cannon attacks on heroic. I've tried him on ph1,2 and 4 and even though p3 seems like the ideal option I already use palp there for a good 600-900k so could be wrong there and should try him on p3 but not holding my breathe for better dmg than palp. Vader on the other hand offers huge dang increases in p2 from what I've seen.

Maul is better in arena hands down as Vader is easily countered with a quick Rex chirrut or yoda. He offers more chance factor (if palp stuns 5 off the bat due to the tm increase) and more teams likely fear they could lose if things don't go their way even with the ideal counter team.
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is good for p2? Do you have a video for that? I saw him good for p3
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Maul all the way for arena!!
    Assuming you already got a few sith and some other good toons to mix in.
  • Options
    Maul for arena, Vader for raids.
  • Options
    If you have both Maul and Vader, I guess the logical path is to focus Arena first (to avoid loosing crystals / rank) and then AAT, so, in my case, 1st zeta goes to Maul, and then Vader straight after. 3rd will be Cody, because I need to gear all the clones and it will be a huge pain.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    Vader is way better for AAT. Zeta Maul provides almost nothing for heroic. The videos you see of maul in AAT is for normal, he can't survive enrages or even basic cannon attacks on heroic. I've tried him on ph1,2 and 4 and even though p3 seems like the ideal option I already use palp there for a good 600-900k so could be wrong there and should try him on p3 but not holding my breathe for better dmg than palp. Vader on the other hand offers huge dang increases in p2 from what I've seen.

Maul is better in arena hands down as Vader is easily countered with a quick Rex chirrut or yoda. He offers more chance factor (if palp stuns 5 off the bat due to the tm increase) and more teams likely fear they could lose if things don't go their way even with the ideal counter team.

I very well could be wrong but, I'm rather certain you can't cleanse DoT's against a Vader Zeta Lead if he is still alive.
  • Options
    I have the same doubt, but seems Maul lead is solid with Palp and Vader for arena.
  • Options

This. I run Zader Palp Tie Boba and Shore in arena and there's a guy in my PvP that runs Jinn Zeta with Yoda so his Yoda always goes first with Tenacity Up and Foresight. So basically my team on defense sucks big time since ability block, stun, or dots won't stick and it's game over. On offense, its not a problem when having patience on using the AoEs. B2 would solve this problem I suppose since I can open with TFP's AoE, he misses, and it'll trigger B2s TM on evade and I can clean things up before Boba Vader Palp goes.
  • Options
    Kyleach15 wrote: »

I very well could be wrong but, I'm rather certain you can't cleanse DoT's against a Vader Zeta Lead if he is still alive.

Rex, Chirrut, and Yoda all give you tenacity up making you immune to negative status effects. True you can't cleanse them, but you can prevent them from being applied, and these toons are VERY fast. Not hard to get them moving before Vader.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Rex, Chirrut, and Yoda all give you tenacity up making you immune to negative status effects. True you can't cleanse them, but you can prevent them from being applied, and these toons are VERY fast. Not hard to get them moving before Vader.

Not hard to get B2 to clear them either. Vaders zeta is very strong with the right squad around him.
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 do u think zeta Vader is better for arena then maul?

I'm all ears about this, so hard to farm zetas, wanna give to the best option on my roster.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Not hard to get B2 to clear them either. Vaders zeta is very strong with the right squad around him.

Yes. True of many toons. That's exactly who I'd have backing up my Vader... if he was at a useful gear level. But most good teams get picked apart on defense. This was just to answer a question about why these toons might get used since Zeta Vader DoTs can't be cleansed. It can be prevented though, and B2 can be dealt with as well. It's the circle of strategy.
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have both Vader and Maul Zeta'd and at Gear XI. I run Vader in arena and kind of regret putting a Zeta on Maul now. With Vader you can solo the Rancor. With the right team around him, Vader is very strong on offence and defence. Rex / CI and Yoda are not an issue. You just need to work through turn orders and make sure you have an aoe cleanser before the first Vader turn. Maul i find is very dependent on Palpy's turbo boosted aoe landing. Against Rex led teams, this is an issue due to advantage / crits. Maul super health tricks on normal ATT are not linked to his Zeta.

ZVader Boba TFP and add 2, one of which is aoe cleanse..
    Or an anti Chaze combo
    ZVader Boba Palpy, with Boba being fast

Xio
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @Darth_Jay77 do u think zeta Vader is better for arena then maul?

I'm all ears about this, so hard to farm zetas, wanna give to the best option on my roster.

I honestly couldnt say, Ive gone against both and theyre both powerful. I feel that if you can make your EP super fast with Mods and get Vader close to 210 then the Vader zeta could be better. Or having a fast Boba Fett to neutralize Rex and Chirrut definitely helps as well..
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 thanks for the input.
    I'm still scratching my head about who to give zeta, lol. Don't care much about raid with Vader, because my guild can defeat it kind of easily.

Don't have that crazy speed secondary mods, farm mods a lot, I guess just bad luck with that. In fact just wanna put down chase squad, it's a pain at my shard. Whatever zeta squad is best to defeat it I will use.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Xioborg wrote: »
    I have both Vader and Maul Zeta'd and at Gear XI. I run Vader in arena and kind of regret putting a Zeta on Maul now. With Vader you can solo the Rancor. With the right team around him, Vader is very strong on offence and defence. Rex / CI and Yoda are not an issue. You just need to work through turn orders and make sure you have an aoe cleanser before the first Vader turn. Maul i find is very dependent on Palpy's turbo boosted aoe landing. Against Rex led teams, this is an issue due to advantage / crits. Maul super health tricks on normal ATT are not linked to his Zeta.

ZVader Boba TFP and add 2, one of which is aoe cleanse..
    Or an anti Chaze combo
    ZVader Boba Palpy, with Boba being fast

Thanks for your input! Very well thought out.
  • Options
    Helpful topic. I was trying to decide between maul and vader myself. Maul it is!!!! But i love both. Sith ftw
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    15/20 and I still can't decide. Have Vader and Maul G11, was pretty certain to Zet Maul but some guys here that have both are making me realize that Vader is a better option because he works in other areas of the game. I can make Vader 210 speed and EP as well. So I think Vader would be a better option. I'm just afraid of wasting a zeta on Maul... Have clones as well all *7 but only Rex g11, all others g8/g9. Ideas?

@Xioborg nice info mate, great to hear from people who actually have em both. Care to explain us why you don't use Maul anymore in Arena? Dropped more defense wise?

P.S. Right bow my Boba is at 240 speed and Vader at 210, while my EP is around 190 (decided that Boba and Vader fast are better). B2 is well geared / modded with 70% potency/tenacity and 160 speed. Also have TFP maxed, can put him 252 speed but with mods used in Vader.
    Post edited by DarthZannaH on
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    What's the best team and mods for a Vader Zeta arena team? I'm guessing something like this?

Vader (Potency), EP(Potency?), TFP (Crit Dmg), Boba (Speed), B2 (Speed)
  • Options
    mutimloh wrote: »
    What's the best team and mods for a Vader Zeta arena team? I'm guessing something like this?

Vader (Potency), EP(Potency?), TFP (Crit Dmg), Boba (Speed), B2 (Speed)

Kind of.
    - Vader is tricky because you need potency, but you also want crit % and crit damage in there somehow.
    - Palp is easy, Potency for the most part.
    - TFP. I'd almost say you'd want crit% here because he provides Tenacity down with crits.
    - Boba, definitely speed, potency where you can, crit% as you can.
    - B2: Accuracy arrow mod, and I'd give him Tenacity to be honest, Tenacity / Health. If you have an Tenacity Accuracy Arrow and Tenacity plus mod with Tenacity Primary, you could always try 4 offense mods, but keeping B2 un-stunned, un-dazed, and un-shocked is critical because those can shut him down. Of course get speed on him where you can but his unique takes care of his speed issues generally.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks @Darth_Jay77, as always your posts are very usefull. Just maxed Maul G11 and leaning towards Vader again.
    Do or do not...
  • ChooChoobacca
    380 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Vader :)

It's not rocket surgery.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I was thinking Vader would be my first. I have fought maul zeta and wasn't very impressed. Vader, TFP, Boba, GK and Shoretrooper was my first thought for a team. Anyone see any errors in that thinking?

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @DarthZannaH u upgraded Maul to g11, but now u want to give zeta to Vader, that way nobody know what to do, c'mon help us out buddy, lol

Watching some videos, Maul is a beast against qgj zeta squads, that sith definitely hates jedis.

That said, watched tons of YouTube videos, seems Vader is a more secure option, u can do good on offense and defense. On other side Maul is a high bet, if u manage to do right, his leadership can be awesome.

Overall making an analogy to poker, u got to decide if u wanna bid on the table and win some (Vader), or if u are hungry and wanna bet all in, that's a high risk, lose all or win big (maul). :D
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @DarthZannaH u upgraded Maul to g11, but now u want to give zeta to Vader, that way nobody know what to do, c'mon help us out buddy, lol

Watching some videos, Maul is a beast against qgj zeta squads, that sith definitely hates jedis.

That said, watched tons of YouTube videos, seems Vader is a more secure option, u can do good on offense and defense. On other side Maul is a high bet, if u manage to do right, his leadership can be awesome.

Overall making an analogy to poker, u got to decide if u wanna bid on the table and win some (Vader), or if u are hungry and wanna bet all in, that's a high risk, lose all or win big (maul). :D

@SpeedRacer I'm gearing clones now, and will zeta Jyn... Forget about it, don't wanna do Vader or maul...

Kidding....

Now, seriously tho, you nailed it mate. Like you said, Vader is a more secure path to go, at least if you get owned in arena, you will own in P3 / Rancor.

That's why the sudden decision to go VaderZ
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    You want to zeta Maul because in arena his leader is full of bantha poodoo and simply set the game into who has the fastest EP that will get extra 20% turn meter and stun the whole opposite team. The strategy is very simple, EP get 260+ speed, AoE stun the whole lot, then maul comes in and AoE daze the whole lot with stupid free potency provided by his special ability, and if you have boba you can also AoE ability lock the whole opposite team. All in one you already won and the opposite team globally or partially dies without having a single turn or use a single special.No strategy required, no targeting required, it is all AoE AoE and AoE. All in one it means back to ground zero where an arena match is defined by who had the fastest Poe.
  • Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    You want to zeta Maul because in arena his leader is full of bantha poodoo and simply set the game into who has the fastest EP that will get extra 20% turn meter and stun the whole opposite team. The strategy is very simple, EP get 260+ speed, AoE stun the whole lot, then maul comes in and AoE daze the whole lot with **** free potency provided by his special ability, and if you have boba you can also AoE ability lock the whole opposite team. All in one you already won and the opposite team globally or partially dies without having a single turn or use a single special.No strategy required, no targeting required, it is all AoE AoE and AoE. All in one it means back to ground zero where an arena match is defined by who had the fastest Poe.

This is exactly what I do with my arena team. The Maul zeta has its greatest usefulness in jumpstarting arena battles with AoE stun and daze. I also follow with a fast Boba ability to retain debuffs. From there the evasion stealth benefits help marginally.

Vader's zeta is arena viable if you have a fast Boba to stop Rex or Chirrut. But where I think it compares favorably to Maul's zeta is that you have better options to synergize other toons: empire, sith, and DoT characters all benefit from the Vader zeta. It makes DOT toons like Gam Guard, Sidious and Tusken Shaman interesting for damage potential with the culling blade. With Maul, there really is only Palp and Vader that benefit.

If Savage, dooku or Sidious get a much needed buff or Maul synergy akin to Wiggs or Chaze, then the Maul zeta will have further upside potential.

Until then Vader pulls ahead with his TMR boost - especially if you need him for raids.

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGozu wrote: »
    You want to zeta Maul because in arena his leader is full of bantha poodoo and simply set the game into who has the fastest EP that will get extra 20% turn meter and stun the whole opposite team. The strategy is very simple, EP get 260+ speed, AoE stun the whole lot, then maul comes in and AoE daze the whole lot with **** free potency provided by his special ability, and if you have boba you can also AoE ability lock the whole opposite team. All in one you already won and the opposite team globally or partially dies without having a single turn or use a single special.No strategy required, no targeting required, it is all AoE AoE and AoE. All in one it means back to ground zero where an arena match is defined by who had the fastest Poe.

if you have the mods to get them fast....
    i did vader first and hes fun to use in raids and gw.
    in arena you need them to be fast of course; 240+ on boba and tie fighter pilot.