Geonosian team help!!

KyloSolo
5 posts Member
edited January 2017
I have 7 star Geonosian solider and I'm farming geonosian spy and sun fac to 7 star, my healer is going to be luminara. Is it worth including poggle since most of his synergies are with droids if not who should I go for?

I'm currently level 70 usually top 200 with a weird bounty hunter based team based on what I got in some packs but as I level it's proving more and more in effective so I'm looking for a change current team:
Boba fett 70 G8
Greedo 70 G8
Cad Bane 70 G8 (Alternate with Fives quite a bit)
Geonosian solider 70 G8
Luminara 70 G8
Post edited by KyloSolo on

Replies

• Options
    Well im arena top 20 in december shard.. Usin 88l, poggle, gs, gspy, fac.. It works great and chaze is no problem.. Biggs can be hard and also speedy palp is a pain... Geos perform well under 88 l.. But it also works if poggle leads and u swap b2 in
  • Options
    If you want a geo team poggle is the only leader and for healer I'd do barriss if you can get her zeta
  • Options
    Aizfgas wrote: »
    Well im arena top 20 in december shard.. Usin 88l, poggle, gs, gspy, fac.. It works great and chaze is no problem.. Biggs can be hard and also speedy palp is a pain... Geos perform well under 88 l.. But it also works if poggle leads and u swap b2 in

Not really a geonosian fan, but sounds awesome you're able to be somewhat original and have success with it!
  • Options
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Poggle will sit in the back.
    Gs will die first.
    You need a big threat as your 5th.
    Might as well get a separatist.
    Geonisian are nowhere near the top when it comes to good teams. So with this team you won't be at the top; so you might as well run who you want in the squad. Go full separatist!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys got quite a few options now!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    I was just thinking like that but is a Nute Gunray fit as leader here ? PRovides +55% crit. chance for stealthed allies, so good for GSpy and 30% TM on a critical hit. Is this TM applies only to stealthed allies ? Otherwise, it's a must for GS since he gain 50% TM on a critical hit + an eventual 30% here ...
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Gs will die first.
    Geonisian are nowhere near the top when it comes to good teams. So with this team you won't be at the top; so you might as well run who you want in the squad. Go full separatist!!

Liar... Dude .. 170k instand dmg against chaze squads.. Thats highend... U struggle with bariss?? I dont.. Spy instakills her with another 170k
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Gs will die first.

Liar... Dude .. 170k instand dmg against chaze squads.. Thats highend... U struggle with bariss?? I dont.. Spy instakills her with another 170k

.. instant damage? Chaze needs to build up the buffs before you can pull that off.. I was never talking about spy alone; I was talking about a full geonisian team. I know spy can pull off some massive damage, that does not make a team of geonisian good. Try to run full geonisian and get to the top; you won't. Btw I give tips to get to number 1, not 20. And I stated in my comment that he will not be getting to the top with that squad so he might as well use full separatist, something fun.
    I am not a liar.. tell me though; will your spy do that much damage when it is stunned/ability block? You don't even have a cleanser in your team. Sorry, but you will get dominated against my team and would never be able to beat it with the squad you recommended. You even said EP is a problem for you. Yea get past my 210 +20% tm speed palpi(262 speed). No I don't struggle with gk/barris/5s/chaze team. At this point only 2 people in my server can beat me.

Again I never talked about he characters single handily. I was letting him know how a geonisian squad would turn out and gave him tips to build a geonisian team for fun.
    I'm not hating on you for using a geonisian team; if you like it that go for it. But don't hate others because they have different ideas
    @Aizfgas
  • Options
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Gs will die first.

.. instant damage? Chaze needs to build up the buffs before you can pull that off.. I was never talking about spy alone; I was talking about a full geonisian team. I know spy can pull off some massive damage, that does not make a team of geonisian good. Try to run full geonisian and get to the top; you won't. Btw I give tips to get to number 1, not 20. And I stated in my comment that he will not be getting to the top with that squad so he might as well use full separatist, something fun.
    I am not a liar.. tell me though; will your spy do that much damage when it is stunned/ability block? You don't even have a cleanser in your team. Sorry, but you will get dominated against my team and would never be able to beat it with the squad you recommended. You even said EP is a problem for you. Yea get past my 210 +20% tm speed palpi(262 speed). No I don't struggle with gk/barris/5s/chaze team. At this point only 2 people in my server can beat me.

Again I never talked about he characters single handily. I was letting him know how a geonisian squad would turn out and gave him tips to build a geonisian team for fun.
    I'm not hating on you for using a geonisian team; if you like it that go for it. But don't hate others because they have different ideas
    @Aizfgas

Ok, where to start.. Gspy doesnt care about abilityblock, cuz whenever a geonosian toon does a turn, gspy follows up so he recovers **** fast.. Hes faster than any toon in game.. Its pure ragemode.. I can easyly catch nr 1 at payout.. I drop down, cuz ppl love fighting squads which arent chaze, wiggs whatever meta.
  • Options
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Gs will die first.
    Geonisian are nowhere near the top when it comes to good teams. So with this team you won't be at the top; so you might as well run who you want the squad. Go full separatist!!

@Aizfgas

How did you manage 267 speed? Can you link me to your swgoh.gg character page?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Gs will die first.

@Aizfgas

Ok, where to start.. Gspy doesnt care about abilityblock, cuz whenever a geonosian toon does a turn, gspy follows up so he recovers **** fast.. Hes faster than any toon in game.. Its pure ragemode.. I can easyly catch nr 1 at payout.. I drop down, cuz ppl love fighting squads which arent chaze, wiggs whatever meta.

Your funny... I said my ep had a speed of 210 + 20% tm. That means I have maul zeta lead. Tell me how your Gspy will gain tm when 2/3 of your geo are stunned, than my maul goes and dazed your whole team. Daze makes it where you can't gain tm. So sorry to say, but you would never beat my squad. Quit lying and saying geonisian is a top teir team. Not even close. You can't beat my squad 1/25 times. I'm not bragging about my team, I'm just comparing geonisian to top tier teams
    @Aizfgas
  • Options
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Gs will die first.

@Aizfgas

Your funny... I said my ep had a speed of 210 + 20% tm. That means I have maul zeta lead. Tell me how your Gspy will gain tm when 2/3 of your geo are stunned, than my maul goes and dazed your whole team. Daze makes it where you can't gain tm. So sorry to say, but you would never beat my squad. Quit lying and saying geonisian is a top teir team. Not even close. You can't beat my squad 1/25 times. I'm not bragging about my team, I'm just comparing geonisian to top tier teams
    @Aizfgas

My gs has 253 speed (: dealing 24k+assist.. Means maul womt go anywhere.. So gs kills palps and gs finishes your maul .. Booom
  • Options
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Gs will die first.

Let him be dude, he wants a Genonosian team, he doesnt want to be a Rebel try hard l think that he doesnt want to be a Top 10 rank he just want to have fun with his bugs
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    And that is why I told him to run who he wants; as it really doesn't matter
  • Options
    I ran a geonosian team for a while back when Rey was super prevalent on my shard (gspy wrecks rey) and did pretty well with it (top 20 most days, top 10 some days). It's not all that useful anymore unfortunately. They were a fun little group.

I ran Phasma lead, GS, GSpy, SF, and Leia (who was much stronger then than she is now.) If I had kept going with it my plan was to go 88 lead and B2 instead of Leia but meta shifts occured and I moved on to other teams.

I don't like Poggle much as he doesn't have much synergy with the rest of the team. One of my most wanted characters is actually Karina the Great. I think they could do some cool things with her and bring some really good synergy to the bugs.
  • Options
    You don't need a healer.
    Spy will be stealthed.
    Sun fac will tank.
    Gs will die first.

@Aizfgas

@Aizfgas

Very few people run a zeta maul lead or have those kind of speed mods on their characters. I can very easily see that geonosian lineup climbing to number one on an average leadership. All you gotta do is make it to that spot at payout time and you're good
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »

Not really a geonosian fan, but sounds awesome you're able to be somewhat original and have success with it!

Yeah props on your team dude.
  • Options
    How dare you question the hive mind!? Lol

Sounds like a cool team. Ive been thinking about investing in GSpy for his ship, so this is pretty cool to think he's got some great potential elsewhere too.
  • Options
    How dare you question the hive mind!? Lol

Sounds like a cool team. Ive been thinking about investing in GSpy for his ship, so this is pretty cool to think he's got some great potential elsewhere too.

He has huge potential.. U can swap him in any team.. I mean his special dealt up to 170k against a fully buffed chaze.. Instant death.. Imo his execute is way better than boba or vader.
    Hes fast, hits hard and is always stealthed.. The perfect assasin imo
  • Options
    I forgot.. He doesnt rely on many buffed enemys.. A single buff and 10 debuffs will do the job too.. So mix him with a debuff squad.. Works well with palps, vader, b2, boba, whatever debuffs well
  • Options
    I forgot.. He doesnt rely on many buffed enemys.. A single buff and 10 debuffs will do the job too.. So mix him with a debuff squad.. Works well with palps, vader, b2, boba, whatever debuffs well

But the difference with Boba and Vader is that he needs also to have a buff on it to apply his big hit, and it can be a problem with a debuffer or a Buff immunity in the opponent team.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

But the difference with Boba and Vader is that he needs also to have a buff on it to apply his big hit, and it can be a problem with a debuffer or a Buff immunity in the opponent team.

Well .. Its all about chaze and wiggs.. Biggs is always buffed.. Also jedi always buff them anyway. Chaze.. Jeh they buff themselfes... So i swear that there will always be one buffed enemy
  • Options

Well .. Its all about chaze and wiggs.. Biggs is always buffed.. Also jedi always buff them anyway. Chaze.. Jeh they buff themselfes... So i swear that there will always be one buffed enemy

Yeah but your GSpy also needs to be buffed.
  • Options

Yeah but your GSpy also needs to be buffed.

Does he?? Dont know cuz hes always stealthed so. . Hes buffed too anytime