Boba Fett

Does anyone else think they've turned boba fett into a bit too much of a beast, FTP and usually rank 100-200 so I play against mostly FTP for how good he is I think he's way too farmable and kind of wish he didn't get improved as much as he did.

Replies

• Options
    No, he is fine.

You haven't faced chaze GK bariss yet... Then you can say a toon is a bit too much of a beast xD
  • Options
    Tigzie wrote: »
    No, he is fine.

You haven't faced chaze GK bariss yet... Then you can say a toon is a bit too much of a beast xD

To be fair, that's 4 Toons...
  • Options
    He's not bad to deal with unless the first thing you see when the match starts is him flying in the air.

He's good but there's a lot of other toons that are stronger esp w zetas.

From a game design point of view, all P2P toons and teams should have F2P counters or the game would be utterly pointless for the masses.
  • Options
    Magulama wrote: »
    Tigzie wrote: »
    No, he is fine.

To be fair, that's 4 Toons...

Pick one they're all pretty tough lol
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm an OG Boba user that always thought Fett was viable. So you can probably imagine to someone like me ( who used the old Boba succesfully in arena ) the new Boba feels extremely OP. It is what it is though and I can't change that. The consumer base has spoken.
  • Options
    He's not as beasty as you think he is, especially if you know how to fight him. His ability block can be a bummer but if you manage to survive that, then it's an easy run. I see teams with him, baze, EP, TFP, Vader and manage to get around them, get B2 geared and he cause way more problems than boba. TFP ability blocks boba and its cake walk. So he has a strong 1st round and I have yet to see him use his execute on a toon.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    He's not as beasty as you think he is, especially if you know how to fight him. His ability block can be a bummer but if you manage to survive that, then it's an easy run. I see teams with him, baze, EP, TFP, Vader and manage to get around them, get B2 geared and he cause way more problems than boba. TFP ability blocks boba and its cake walk. So he has a strong 1st round and I have yet to see him use his execute on a toon.

TFP can't abi block boba because he is target locked on either baze or shore. Boba's execute only works well vs (de)buffs or vs himself. Facing chaze with a gazillion buffs (HoTs) is heaven for boba's execute. B2 is a great toon aswell, but imo not in the same league as boba.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I do not have Jyn, K2SO, Chirrut, Baze nor ShT, so having a toon like that for kind of people like me is a plus. It is one of the toon on which I'm working on and that will allow me to have a better arena ranking without using Wiggs (that I have but do not want to gear up now).

Nevertheless, a clever choice, instead of running after current meta, will be to develop the FO since for sure it will be reworked this year. Maybe I have to get Kylo ..... :smile:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I do not have Jyn, K2SO, Chirrut, Baze nor ShT, so having a toon like that for kind of people like me is a plus. It is one of the toon on which I'm working on and that will allow me to have a better arena ranking without using Wiggs (that I have but do not want to gear up now).

Nevertheless, a clever choice, instead of running after current meta, will be to develop the FO since for sure it will be reworked this year. Maybe I have to get Kylo ..... :smile:

that's crazy talk xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I got Boba from a bronzium before his rework, leveled and geared him up to find out he was a bit of a ****, so I was happy with the rework, if you have problems facing him then farm him yourself, get a couple of debuffs on his Boba then execute him with your Boba, he's done.
  • Options
    Drax_77 wrote: »
    I got Boba from a bronzium before his rework, leveled and geared him up to find out he was a bit of a ****, so I was happy with the rework, if you have problems facing him then farm him yourself, get a couple of debuffs on his Boba then execute him with your Boba, he's done.

Yeah I have farmed him up myself now just find him very annoying to come up again mainly due to his ability block at the start!
  • Options
    In the squishy vs squishy meta while leveling boba sure seems scarily powerful. I had him more than once finish off my wiggsdo team 3 injured vs 1 bf.

Exceptionally dangerous and unpredictable is what I would call him, not op.

Out of curiosity though, what is the right way to handle him that is referred to in this thread multiple times?
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    I find the biggest help against him is to use him, if you don't have that option I'd suggest ability blocks or try to keep him stun locked, if you kill him once make sure to finish him off before he gets in a kill shot
  • Options
    The only problem is unless you have a better boba he will probably ability block you before you can block him
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In the squishy vs squishy meta while leveling boba sure seems scarily powerful. I had him more than once finish off my wiggsdo team 3 injured vs 1 bf.

Exceptionally dangerous and unpredictable is what I would call him, not op.

Out of curiosity though, what is the right way to handle him that is referred to in this thread multiple times?

Generally speaking, work around his ability block (either by outspeeding him with your whole team and ensuring it hits when it no longer matters, or by using your own Boba/TFP to ability block him first). Then you can mostly ignore him unless you run a buff heavy team, but in the usual Wiggs + Boba setup I run into, I don't have many buffs/debuffs, so execute doesn't hurt too badly. Then kill him when he's the biggest threat left (I often leave him for last/second last), and ensure you have a finisher to stop him from regaining his buff with a well timed execute on a low toon. I usually try to kill him with Wedge when I have Biggs' special off cooldown. AoE also does a decent job of wiping him out quite early, but if he's behind a taunt he might just get his buff back up, which sucks.

Just for clarification: I am fairly new and far away from a cutting edge meta shard. Probably a G11 L85 Boba is a different beast, and with a team around him that can feed him debuffs and keep him protected, I can see him being more dangerous. As is, I try to avoid teams with superspeedy Bobas, because that initial ability block can screw me over quite badly, and although my Biggs is usually faster, the rest of my team usually isn't, so I can't kill him twice before he blocks everybody, which is a pain.
  • Options
    @Acrofales

Yeah that's pretty much what I learned myself so far. Of course some of those suggestions aren't exactly helpful lol. I started with qgj farm and just finished and unlocked boba. So fighting fire with fire is not an option for quite a while.

I don't run a toon with stun aside from palps who is too slow at the moment anyway, so no stun-lock either.

And having lando and han makes two scoundrels who get double-pleasure from boba always. I'll have to avoid strong bobas I guess.
  • Options
    I went through the ball ache of getting my boba to G10 and the only thing I've used him for so far is in the rancor and GW. I fight against teams with boba all day to place top 20 on a mature December shard.

Also as a FTP player I have to tell you if there's a really good character out there who is giving you problems, or could help you out AND he's farmable, then why don't you go out and farm him yourself, that's what I did when wedge became free.
  • Options
    lukeroks wrote: »
    I went through the ball ache of getting my boba to G10 and the only thing I've used him for so far is in the rancor and GW. I fight against teams with boba all day to place top 20 on a mature December shard.

Also as a FTP player I have to tell you if there's a really good character out there who is giving you problems, or could help you out AND he's farmable, then why don't you go out and farm him yourself, that's what I did when wedge became free.

+1
  • Options
    @LukeSkiwalker

When you're right, you're right. That's why I'm working on my own boba fett as we speak.