Please explain 'arena shard' to me

A while ago I noticed that all of my fiends had different people in the top 10 of their area. I also hear a lot of people talk about 'arena shards'

How do you know what shard you are in? Do the people in your shard ever change? Is it a tiered system, where if you do well, you get promoted to more competitive shards?

An overall explanation of this system would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Replies

• Options
    You are grouped with around 10k+ people that started around the same time you did. When a shard fills up, a new shard is created and so on.
  • Options
    Well that explains a lot really. I started this game. Played for about 5 minutes and then ignored it for about a year. Really only started playing consistently a few months ago.
  • Options
    I've met several people in that situation. It's an annoying side effect of how the arena is structured. Depending on your level of investment in these last few months your best bet might be to make a new account and start over. On the other hand, the only thing that should be impacted is your Arena battles, so you could just enjoy the other parts of the game.
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yeah, i'm on a arena shard since i started on June/16, i know that cause the main top 10 players are pretty much the same they were on the beginning, but if i got a late start on arena i would probably struggle to get top 50... You might wanna start the game again to start on a new shard and try being competitive

EDIT: Ok, maybe i woouldn't struggle with my team, but i would spend lots to get on the top again, while it's far easier if you start strong...