Is The Game Worth Coming Back To?

It's gotten to that stage again where I've left and I'm now getting that itch to download the game and start playing again after a couple of months.

I'm just wondering if you guys think the game is worth coming back to in it's current form and having missed the last couple of months?
Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"

Replies

• Options
    What level are you? If you restart with a new account you can dominate arena. Game gets really annoying at later stages, but it is really fun
  • Options
    Nope. The dev greed is more blatant than ever. They just released two whale-only characters, Baze and Chirrut, that can defeat entire meta teams on their own. Seriously, there's a video of a guy fighting a top 5 Empire team and only entering the battle with the two of them and winning. They are shamelessly making the pay-only toons incredibly and undeniably OP.
  • Options
    Nope. The dev greed is more blatant than ever. They just released two whale-only characters, Baze and Chirrut, that can defeat entire meta teams on their own. Seriously, there's a video of a guy fighting a top 5 Empire team and only entering the battle with the two of them and winning. They are shamelessly making the pay-only toons incredibly and undeniably OP.

Don't listen to this guy with no strategy, they are strong but not op
  • Options
    Theres also a new star wars game that just came out called Force Arena
  • Options
    What level are you? If you restart with a new account you can dominate arena. Game gets really annoying at later stages, but it is really fun
    Not looking to make a new account. My current account was at level 82 on a very early shard.
    Theres also a new star wars game that just came out called Force Arena
    Not interested in that sort of game at all. Thanks though.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options

So this exact Empire team is meta. It places top-5 daily, and it well geared and well modded. EA releases two new p2p character, Baze and Chirrut, and these two characters can take on the meta team 2v5 and win. How exactly is this not a cash grab?
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    I really enjoy it and there is a lot of new content.
  • Options

So this exact Empire team is meta. It places top-5 daily, and it well geared and well modded. EA releases two new p2p character, Baze and Chirrut, and these two characters can take on the meta team 2v5 and win. How exactly is this not a cash grab?

Don't listen to the fan boys that support the p2w format, they like to say that if you can't beat it then you are bad at the game, yet the only real consistent strategy against those 2 is to have zeta Vader... Oh and you still need those 2 characters on your team to make it boss enough to survive whilst Vader/boba slowly culling blade/execute their way through the opposition
  • Options

My emp squad with B2 and boba takes out Chaze all day every day
  • JohnTS676
    369 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    As for the OP, don't come back now, save yourself the time and money. If they keep releasing new characters with kits like these 2 guys then the game is gonna die pretty quick, one of them (baze) has auto taunt and retribution at the start of the match and automatically regains both the taunt and retribution when certain conditions are met, he also has AOE buff removal which deals bonus damage to empire and anyone who didn't have a buff and calls chirrut to assist at the same time (**** right?), a single target buff removal that also inflicts the corresponding debuff for each buff removed, and to top it all off he has 75k combined health and protection. Then the other guy (chirrut) has an AOE health equaliser (like bariss) that also cleanses all debuffs AND applies a heal over time effect for 4 turns (?!!?) for each debuff removed and if they didn't have any debuffs when he used it they gain tenacity up instead, another move which hits for 20% extra for each buffed ally and calls baze to assist (did I mention that baze's basic gives speed down for 3 turns and gives turn meter to chirrut)....... Not finished yet... Chirrut's uniques gives him 17% counter chance AND health steal for each enemy (doubled for empire enemies of course) and he's so generous that he gives these bonuses to baze too, then to round it off; at the start of EVERY turn that chirrut is alive all allies with a heal over time effect recover an additional 4% of their max health....... @ShewardN so if after getting your head around all that you still want to come back to this joke, then enjoy the current meta of the-two-guys-that-have-every-loadout-of-every-other-toon-in-the-game-rolled-into-two-stupendously-overloaded-p2w-monks that is in force right now... Oh there are ways to win, Honest :smile: and they are called zeta ability materials... You can find out all about those another way
  • Options
    Depends, play like me and just kinda chill and get what you can, and use GW to goof off, and play around in ships and challenges, and it's still quite fun. If you need any help, let me know.
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lots of whiners on the forum about Chaze .. don't listen to them. They are a little OP at the moment for sure, but it isn't the end of the game, OMG. Of course the game is about money. The whales allow the rest of us to play for free if we want, but don't whine because you can't make top 10 in arena. If that is your biggest complaint, find another game.

However, if you like the game play, variety and new characters and content combining into new challenges and metas, then I would definitely come back. The zetas, ships and new toons have all made it more enjoyable for me. It takes time to combat new characters that are p2p only, but that is part of the fun about it. If you are not a whiner who wants everything to be easy and handed to you, you might enjoy it.
    Post edited by coeuss on