Daze mechanics... Busted?

So I was under the impression that Daze was the perfect debuff to stop bonus attacks. It says it stops counterattack, assists, and turn meter gain.

Well I had daze on K-2S0 and he still counter attacked me. I later had daze on Biggs Darklighter and he was still able to do his assist with Wedge.

Is this a bug, or is there something to this debuff I am not understanding?

I'd like to know because I included K-2S0 in my droid squad mainly because of his ability to counter these abilities/characters.

Replies

• Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    Who did you daze with?
    Maul has a bug that when he dazes somebody, they will still counter that attack.
    As for your wiggs assist, wedge needs to be dazed for no assist to happen. If Biggs is dazed, it's just saying Biggs will not assist with an attack if he gets called
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I dazed with K-2S0

He counterattacked, his turn came up after, and the debuff dropped off then so it had already been up for near 2 turns.

Well having to target Wedge makes it less useful against them. I swear I was watching videos of people dazing Biggs and stopping all that. Still nice, but not as nice.
  • Options
    Situation 1
    Maul does his aoe Daze... that attack gets countered, if daze is applied the following attacks will not have counters.
    Counter seems to preceed the application of daze.

Situation 2
    Dazing biggs will prevent his tm gain from getting critically hit, it will not however stop him from using the assist ability.
    If the idea is to stop biggs calling wedge, wedge needs to be dazed.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I get that I misinterpreted situation 2, but situation 1 is definitely buggier than just that.

K-2S0's daze lasts two turns. I was doing a regular attack against their K-2S0 with mine after having previously applied daze. Their K-2S0 counterattacked, followed up by having his turn come up at which point the debuff dropped off of him. He didn't counterattack as it was being applied. He counterattacked in the middle (well, near the end) of having the debuff.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Haven't faced a K2 yet.
    I can say i have stopped wedge from assisting with daze
    I have stopped barris from gaining TM on crit with daze
    I have stopped chirrut, Baze, 5's, Aalya, dooku and sunfac from counter attacking with daze.

All daze applied with K2 or copied with cassian.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Post edited by Darth_Jay77 on
  • Options
    Daze is not consistent with how stun works which needs to be looked at.
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    Options

Daze doesn't stun. It stops tm gain (not natural gain from speed), assist and counter attacks. They still get to take a turn.
  • Options
    Yeah, K2 may be bugged. I've fought him a few times with Ig-88 Omega Lead, so he was always debuffed, yet he still countered every attack. Seems debuffs don't drop his counter rate properly, at least for AI, hard to test.

Yep, Maul's AoE will shut down Biggs combos, especially with his Omega giving him alot of Potency, but best behind Baze or Shore to eat the first shot.
  • Options
    I'm definitely a fan of K2S0, I am running him in a droid squad personally.
    I stacked tenacity on him to keep his little mechanism up and running because of how he's usually weak to debuffs. (apparently not under ai control though)
    I just want him to work properly. It's cool that K2S0 likes to counterattack a lot, but when debuffs don't follow the rules, that's another story.
  • Options
    Situation 2 stops the character from being called for assists. It doesnt affect them calling others.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Daze doesn't stun. It stops tm gain (not natural gain from speed), assist and counter attacks. They still get to take a turn.

I was referring to how stun prevents the immediate counter attack, but daze does not. Hopefully this will be looked at.
  • Options

I was referring to how stun prevents the immediate counter attack, but daze does not. Hopefully this will be looked at.

From what it seems daze is applied after the counter, stun is applied prior to the counter (effectively stopping it).
    After Daze is applied the character won't counter though.
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    Options

Gotcha. Daze for Maul is the broke one, k2 it works fine. Dev's have acknowledged this issue and hopefully a fix is incoming

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/846938#Comment_846938
  • Options
    Yep, Maul's AoE will shut down Biggs combos, especially with his Omega giving him alot of Potency, but best behind Baze or Shore to eat the first shot.

The best way to protect Maul is using him as leader with Zeta though
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Gotcha. Daze for Maul is the broke one, k2 it works fine. Dev's have acknowledged this issue and hopefully a fix is incoming

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/846938#Comment_846938

K2S0's daze stops the counter before it happens when it's applied, so is not buggy to apply Daze with K2S0's ability, but it is definitely bugged when it is applied to him in some fashion (related to how his counterattack reacts to daze) as he counterattacked me just before the daze debuff dropped off of him for his turn.

I'm thinking the counter attack still triggered from my attack after the debuff came off for his turn, but the debuff symbol remained up. Something along those lines is what makes the most sense as to what is causing the bug.

Like that's something that should be triggered at the end of the one player's turn, not the start of the next one.
  • scuba
    14176 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

K2S0's daze stops the counter before it happens when it's applied, so is not buggy to apply Daze with K2S0's ability, but it is definitely bugged when it is applied to him in some fashion (related to how his counterattack reacts to daze) as he counterattacked me just before the daze debuff dropped off of him for his turn.

I'm thinking the counter attack still triggered from my attack after the debuff came off for his turn, but the debuff symbol remained up. Something along those lines is what makes the most sense as to what is causing the bug.

Like that's something that should be triggered at the end of the one player's turn, not the start of the next one.

So I was thinking about this.
    My guess is what is happening, of course dev would know for sure.
    You daze him it sets his couter chance to -999900% as it should but then his unique, which will change his counter rating when he gets debuffed, is then processing and overwriting the -999900% couter chance to +48.8% giving him back a counter chance.