About gear and time

OK guys roughly how long will it take me to far 50 stun cuffs using no refreshes and leaving enough energy to complete daily challenges.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    I suggest:

Do not spend Crystals on any refreshes.
    once you get 1400 you can spend crystals to get a full Stun Cuff
    Time = Roughly 1-2 weeks depending on arena rank and when it displays in Shipments

If you you spend energy without any refreshes
    Time = 1-2 months easily
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    I suggest:

Do not spend Crystals on any refreshes.
    once you get 1400 you can spend crystals to get a full Stun Cuff
    Time = Roughly 1-2 weeks depending on arena rank and when it displays in Shipments

If you you spend energy without any refreshes
    Time = 1-2 months easily

Sad, but true
  • crzydroid
    7317 posts Moderator
    Options
    Cuffs show up in fleet shipments quite frequently, so you can buy from there too.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Cuffs show up in fleet shipments quite frequently, so you can buy from there too.

Yeah, but fleet shipments is most viable farming source now - a lots of shards and blueprints to farm....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Use refreshes but save 100 from every days arena payout and get them every 2 weeks
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    OK guys roughly how long will it take me to far 50 stun cuffs using no refreshes and leaving enough energy to complete daily challenges.

Thanks

2 weeks. Completing the 3 hard node whit stun cuff. I'm doing it every day always between 3-5 stun cuff/day. Cost 180 energy
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »

Thanks

2 weeks. Completing the 3 hard node whit stun cuff. I'm doing it every day always between 3-5 stun cuff/day. Cost 180 energy

Nobody is going to believe you average a 22.2% drop rate on cuffs. It's more like 2-4 per 240.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »

Thanks

Nobody is going to believe you average a 22.2% drop rate on cuffs. It's more like 2-4 per 240.

I average about 1:7 (maybe it's luck but that's what I get...about 14% of the time I get a cuff).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    On average, about 8 days.

Natural energy accumulation: 240 a day
    Free energy refresh: 3x45 = 135

Total free energy per day = 375

Minimum amount of hard nodes for daily challenges: 5 * 12 = 60 energy

Therefore, energy to be spent on cuff farming = 315

So 31-32 attempts per day on a 10 node (cuffs are on both LS and DS nodes, so ensure you complete your LS/DS daily challenge when selecting node to farm).

At a drop rate of ~20%, this should drop on average ~6.3 cuff salvage a day

50/6.3 = 8 days

• Options
    I normally average a full cuff set every 5-6 days. That's using two refreshes and all normal avaible energy. In the end it costs me 500-600 crystals over the 5 day period. Which means I'm saving around 800-900 crystals then if I were to buy from shipment . I would say farm them unless you're like super rich tbh plus you et experience and other rewards for farming
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The drop rate for cuffs (and stun guns) is so dismal, disappointing, and too tedious that I don't even bother farming them anymore. I collect what I can from raids, and when I get near a full set I top it off from fleet shipments.

I just save crystals and occasionally spend money to buy them fully crafted. Saves me the headache and you can farm other gear and shards to stay ahead.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Droprate is around 1/5 or 1/6. So honestly, you're better off spending energy refreshes on cuffs than buying them from shipments. Save those shipment crystals for furnaces, scanners or droid callers.
  • Options
    Honestly, nobody actually post data.

I'm going to run 500 sims and posts the numbers.

• Barhebraeus
    620 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    I normally average a full cuff set every 5-6 days. That's using two refreshes and all normal avaible energy. In the end it costs me 500-600 crystals over the 5 day period. Which means I'm saving around 800-900 crystals then if I were to buy from shipment . I would say farm them unless you're like super rich tbh plus you et experience and other rewards for farming

Ditto. Save your crystals for harder-to-get raid-only gear.
  • Options

People posted data a while back. Drop rate is high enough to make refreshes cheaper than shipments.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

People posted data a while back. Drop rate is high enough to make refreshes cheaper than shipments.

Yep. I believe it was found that out of farmable gear only the 300 or below pieces were cost time efficient. And of course raid gear

• Options

Yep. I believe it was found that out of farmable gear only the 300 or below pieces were cost time efficient. And of course raid gear

Missed that, good to know.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Both are assuming that you're also using passive, free energy to farm at the same time

Not really. Assuming a 1/6 drop rate (by far the worst case scenario one can assume, actual drop rate is more like 1/5 or even 1/4). 120 energy will get you 12 attempts, so on average 2 salvage.

1400 energy will buy you 28 refreshes, so on average 56 salvage.
  • RhoBrandon
    14 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Please watch this video. You guys are overreacting to how hard the farm is. Spend on refreshes and you can get 50 in 1 week easily https://youtu.be/orZboZhf-MY
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

That depends on how much you value the time saved