QuiGon Leader skilled is bugged (?)

masterring
160 posts Member
edited January 2016
First it seems CG fixed how speed leader ability works (have not worked before in round 1), and as usual how it goes with patches they gave Qui Gon 'unintended buff'.

Here we go.

To reach max Jedi speed with QuiGon (25 speed) you will need to hit his leader ability to lvl7. Well it seems I have that speed at ability level 3.
I have him at 3 stars, few lucky pulls from few Chromium packs. So I barely used him. After update, I decided to level him a bit and test him in GW and boy, how I was surprised.

My Luminara went first before likes of Dooku, Leia, Sid... With Qui Gon as leader. Since my Lumi is at 118 speed she needed that 25 speed to reach breakpoint of 143 speed to be able to act as fastest as possible (Dooku, Leia, Poe...) And my leader ability is, once again, at level 3 only (17 speed). Great, I can Ability block Poe with Lumi! :)

To further test it I put some other Jedis in team. JC with speed 113 could not act in round 1 but in round 2 which is fine if Qui Gon gives it +25 speed. That proved its not more than 25 speed. Same was for borrowed Bariss.

If some other guys can test it would be helpful. Will do some further testing once I upgrade his leader ability.

Edited title.

Post edited by FashionFett on

Replies

• Options
    So how do you know enemy Poe was at 143 speed? I think I get what you are saying but gear gives speed.
    You don't know which gear level or pieces are equipped on enemy Poe. He might as well had 120 speed i.e. missing a few gear pieces.
    This is pretty much untestable unless you are sure you are facing a max geared Poe.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    So, in GW the speed ability works on the first turn (from what I understand). In Arena it won't (again, if i understand the bug correctly).

note: I only have a 3 * QGJ (yes I am a f2p scrub!!!!)
  • Options
    Though the speed leaders only had problems in arena.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Leader Abilities in Arena dont work on first turn.
    Move this to Bugs and Issues Section Please.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • masterring
    160 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    So how do you know enemy Poe was at 143 speed? I think I get what you are saying but gear gives speed.
    You don't know which gear level or pieces are equipped on enemy Poe. He might as well had 120 speed i.e. missing a few gear pieces.
    This is pretty much untestable unless you are sure you are facing a max geared Poe.

I was testing it with my Poe with max speed. Dont need other Poe to test it. If she can go before my maxed speed Sid and Leia, she can go before maxed speed Poe.
    Barrok wrote: »
    So, in GW the speed ability works on the first turn (from what I understand). In Arena it won't (again, if i understand the bug correctly).

note: I only have a 3 * QGJ (yes I am a f2p scrub!!!!)

I have not test in Arena since patch. I'll let whales test it :)
  • Options
    who has a list of all the bugged heros in game?
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This speed leader ability issue has been known for some time - it's worked like this for as long as we know:

1. PVP arena - speed leaders do not work at the beginning of the match
    2. All other areas of content (PVE maps, Cantina, GW) speed leaders do start at the beginning of the match - so you can make slower Jedi hit before Poe (or in the same turn as him) and Jinn does become a turn 1 hero with his own speed leader

Multiple posts in the feedback section have been raised to just get validation that it's intended to work this way. My feeling is it probably is intentional to avoid an even greater emphasis on speed and speed leaders specifically...that's just speculation though. Just would be an odd occurrence to have it working everyone but one specific place of content and not be intentional.
  • Options
    Confirmation bias?

You've only tested in GW, where players' team seem to go first by default. I use QGJ as leader in arena and never once did my Lumi or JC went before to my Dooku/Sid.

Calling a character "bugged" or "OP" after only a few trials in GW, where difficulty is adjusted in players' favor, seems a bit irresponsible.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Confirmation bias?

You've only tested in GW, where players' team seem to go first by default. I use QGJ as leader in arena and never once did my Lumi or JC went before to my Dooku/Sid.

Calling a character "bugged" or "OP" after only a few trials in GW, where difficulty is adjusted in players' favor, seems a bit irresponsible.

^^^^that^^^^
  • Options
    Assaj leader skill works in gw. Can make daka turn1. Pretty easy to win if just reroll the battle till your turn 1stunner procs.
  • Options
    Speed leader doesn't work first turn in gw on the first match, from then on it does because all other matches are considered continuations. Since your first match is usually gimp it doesn't matter.