Unifying Guilds - Much Needed Update

The definition of a Guild: an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

This works in part in SWGoH, but only in terms of collecting Raid tickets. The mutual aid/goal then quickly deteriorates to a rat race and every man for themselves to the top 10.

Suggested Improvements:

1. Pool Daily Guild Activities.

For example; if you reach Tier IV by spending 25,000 energy this is then converterted 1:1 in to Guild Coins and divided equally between all guild members. (500 coins each using this example)

2. Even Out Raid Rewards

Places 1-3 = Red Rewards.
Places 4-30 = Gold Rewards.
Places 31-50 = Purple Rewards.

In addition the successful completion of a raid should award a large payout of Guild Coins that is divided evenly to all guild members.

3. Add a Guild Deposit Centre.

This would be a function which allows guild members to deposit purple gear and rewards the guild for completing a set number of deposits. For example... let's say 1250 stun cuffs is the target amount, once complete all guild members would receive a set of fully crafted cuffs.

Double deposit weekends could even feature as an event?

4. Reward Ally Points for using Guild Exchange

The ally rewards stop after 1000 donations. They should continue in line with the amount of donations you've made.

Replies

• Options
    Don't agree with equal distribution on dailies. If I'm saving up energy, timing my collection of my free energy, and buying 5 refreshes to get the top spot, I don't want to get the same rewards as the guy who isn't even bothering with the activity
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    To be fair, valid point.

What you're describing here, kind of sums up my gripe with the whole notion of SWGoH's guild system. A supposed 'guild activity', which requires you to internally compete for the top spot. It's really bad design, I mean I could understand if it was a guild vs guild challenge.
    Post edited by Versatti on
  • Options
    GUILD DEPOSIT!!!! YES!!!!!! One of the top 10 ideas to have ever come out of this forum!!!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    This ties to raids, but there needs to be a system where raid difficulty/rewards are tied to guild participation. Want to clear heroic AAT with 50 guys? Well its going to be harder but the rewards will be better. Only have 30 guys? Then you can get your Kenobi shards too, but the overall rewards will be less. Tuning raids for 50 people kind of stinks for a mobile game. If you have ever gone to the guilds forums its basically everyone looking to fill ranks.
  • Options
    This would be amazing except maybe rewards top guild members in raids a little more. If the top people carry the weight and then one low player who barely does anything get the same rewards, nobody will want to be in a guild
  • Options
    I like all of these ideas.
  • Options
    Give me all the coins from your guild. I ll keep 99% for me and 1% for others
  • Options
    This would be amazing except maybe rewards top guild members in raids a little more. If the top people carry the weight and then one low player who barely does anything get the same rewards, nobody will want to be in a guild

I agree and that would need to be factored in.

I suppose there could be a participation milestone that has to be reached in order to receive any kind of payout. If you don't reach it, you get nada and the system could be as simple as, X energy spend against Task Y.

• Versatti
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    This ties to raids, but there needs to be a system where raid difficulty/rewards are tied to guild participation. Want to clear heroic AAT with 50 guys? Well its going to be harder but the rewards will be better. Only have 30 guys? Then you can get your Kenobi shards too, but the overall rewards will be less. Tuning raids for 50 people kind of stinks for a mobile game. If you have ever gone to the guilds forums its basically everyone looking to fill ranks.

Yup. 50 actives who are geared correctly and high enough level is a big ask. Tailoring raid difficulty to 10, 20, 30 and 50 would be a nice addition to a guild rework. As you point out, the rewards could be smaller but ultimately you'd still be able to farm heroic shards.
    Post edited by Versatti on
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    GUILD DEPOSIT!!!! YES!!!!!! One of the top 10 ideas to have ever come out of this forum!!!

Guild deposit is an amazing idea.

• Options
    I like ideas, but I think like all good forum ideas will never be implemented
  • Options
    There needs to be some type of a better guild management system. I have been noticing a lot of officers being burnt out by all the work they do.
    So many mergers with heroic tank which in my opinion makes the pit even harder to set rules in. It's a shame that people spend more time managing guilds than actually playing. And that doesn't even include what everyone has to do in RL. Such simple things that could be implemented would help so much.
  • Options
    Guild deposit sounds awesome! But EA is too greedy :(
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Don't agree with equal distribution on dailies. If I'm saving up energy, timing my collection of my free energy, and buying 5 refreshes to get the top spot, I don't want to get the same rewards as the guy who isn't even bothering with the activity

+1000. As it is someone doing bare minimum still gets a more than generous amount of coins compared to the top people. People like me & above poster. Eg I time cantina to be full at reset & do 4 refreshes sun & Mon compared to 2 every other day. No one comes close to me. Even with the easiest to do challenge day, there's only 1 other person who usually does 20 like me. Why should people only doing a few get the same rewards? Ridiculous!
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »

+1000. As it is someone doing bare minimum still gets a more than generous amount of coins compared to the top people. People like me & above poster. Eg I time cantina to be full at reset & do 4 refreshes sun & Mon compared to 2 every other day. No one comes close to me. Even with the easiest to do challenge day, there's only 1 other person who usually does 20 like me. Why should people only doing a few get the same rewards? Ridiculous!

I don't disagree but it's currently a flawed design.

Many just don't care about the dailies because the rewards are low and by casually taking part you still make a 100 or so coins.

What should be the case is that group efforts are well rewarded for reaching key milestones. This would give guilds members more of an incentive to partake, where as now there are only a few players saving their challenges or spending darkside energy because the system is a bit meh!

Maybe reward top contributors with credits as well, but ultimately the dailies should be a fun engaging group activity. We don't have that at present!
  • Options
    #'s 1, 2, and 3 will encourage inactivity and leeching. Why push to excel when you'll get good rewards for basically doing nothing. But, that's the typical demand these days isn't it?

#4 is basically rewarding people for doing something which should be its own reward... working together to improve their guild.

The issue is, there should actually be incentives/rewards for making a strong guild, like prizes for beating other guilds at... well, something... anything. Some kind of guild challenge is very much needed in this game. Guild leaderboards are meaningless without some kind of reward for ranking well.
  • Options
    +123583226907319053164489