Who do you kill first?

Maebalzurakin
170 posts Member
edited January 2017
I was on the 12th node of GW this morning and I am facing the following....

Rex(L), Anakin, Lando, Sun Fac, Emperor Palpatine. All lvl 85, G11, 7 Star

I don't have any G11 characters, but I have about 20 who are 7 star. I was thinking I might have a chance to beat this by wearing them down. I didn't. All of my guys usually died before getting an attack. However, I did put a good dent in them with my first few waves of best guys.

Now the question of who I should have attacked first. I am thinking the Lando and Palpatine are the biggest threats, but I also know that if I attack them first Anakin goes nuts and kills everyone. There is also the option of taking out Rex first.

Which order would you try to kill these guys and why?

I was able to kill Lando, then Anakin, but then my roster was spent.

Replies

• Options
    What's your team? Remember that Anakin gains 100% of TM and a lot of offense when an ally dies or "get yellow health"
  • Options
    Sun Fac last. I would try to get to palp stunned after Rex cleanses. Then focus lando before second AOE and then anakin before he throws down a 2nd AOE. Going to be a hard with the weaker toons unfortunately. :(
    IGN: L1lC24 https://swgoh.gg/u/lilc24/
    LINE: L1lC24
    Guild: 502nd Legion https://swgoh.gg/g/33/502nd-legion/
  • Options
    Depends on your team. You don't have to kill Rex first, if you have no one with debuff. For example, wiggsolando team can go first for palpy. Empire team should kill first Rex, then palpy
  • Options
    What's your team? Remember that Anakin gains 100% of TM and a lot of offense when an ally dies or "get yellow health"

I was using Rex (L) Wedge, Biggs, Fun Fac, Boba Fett. All seven star, lvl 84, Gear 8-10. They managed to take out Lando before getting wiped out. Gear 11 seems to be all important in this game.

• Options
    EP first, best counter for EP is EP (or a faster yoda).. You'll need someone to prevent or break the SF taunt.. TFP, QGJ, JKA, etc..
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In all the nodes leading up to and around 9, 11, 12 and sometimes a rough 6 I use my top team.

On those more difficult nodes first try backing out and going back into the level and attacking different character troop enemies first. Basic play strategy that I find works alot, but not in every situation is: I go for Ewok Elder Old Daka Jawa Engineer Jyn Rey or Palpatine or Lando very first no matter the team, then clear tanks, return to top 7 if needed, then Qui-Gon and Ahsoka Tano, then debuff characters next as I run SRP, then anti healers like IG-88 Sidious, then healers, and very last any counter strike characters troops like CT-5's and count Dooku.

If that does not work I find sending in a suicide squad to soften them up and make them burn off heavy attacks to be useful if my top team struggles.

Suicide squad lures them to use up powerful buffs and usually let's you knock 1-2 character troops out.

The best recourse for a super hard node 12 is called restart and let it go. You can't win every one.

I hope these tips help.

I have not faced some characters yet like a Chaze team, Jyn, and or CA...
  • Options

I was using Rex (L) Wedge, Biggs, Fun Fac, Boba Fett. All seven star, lvl 84, Gear 8-10. They managed to take out Lando before getting wiped out. Gear 11 seems to be all important in this game.

I would go for Lando too, depending of the speed of your Rex he can make his palp useless with his tenacity up.
  • Options
    The answer is palp.
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I think that in GW killing the leader and then losing the battle means that the next time you challenge the 4-man squad there is no leader ability. For that reason, I would kill Rex first. If that's wrong, I'd kill Lando first because his AoE can wipe your weaker squads. You can kill a more powerful toon with a group of characters if it's a single-damage toon, but an AoE toon can wipe your entire weak team.
  • Options
    Gear 11 seems to be all important in this game.

Some gear 9-10s are ok, but in general? Yeah. You hit on the crux of the problem.

Not sure if this helps with your roster, but at times if I'm hitting a node where everyone seems to need to be taken out first, I bring in a stun team of Emperor Palpatine lead, RG, Daka, Aayla, GS. All have TM advantage from my earlier easy battles. EP starts with an AoE stun. The other three stunners stun whoever didn't get it from EP. Then EP shocks everyone one at a time while the other three just focus on keeping everyone stunned as they come out of it. GS calls assists every other turn which has a 3/4 chance to call another toon who can stun on basic. Or he'll call EP who will shock. The round ends with EP slow roasting 5 shocked and stunned opponents. I just break out a bottle of Pappy Palp's old fashioned BBQ sause. Finger licking good. Then Rex is the only threat to this. Just make sure he stays stunned at all cost, and shock Anakin first, so he doesn't punish you with his unique.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Palp, then Ani, then Lando, then Rex, then SF.
  • Options
    Really depends on your team comp. For my usual GW team at that point I would have entered with Palp (L), Wiggs, TFP, RG, with the attack priority being to get Shock up on JKA, Ability Blocking Lando and Wiggs OHKO on Rex, then just keep the buff immunity and stuns rolling by priority of Palp -> Lando -> JKA. Of course much of this would depend on turn meter preloaded on the team and getting the debuffs to land. I would also have a Boba in the wings just in case I needed switch up the team and change the rng rolls.
  • Options
    Depends on your team......

Bank your TM before the end nodes for key toons, makes it really easy. Just pull out the counter toon(s) to whatever you're facing.
  • Options
    Anakin, Lando, EP, Rex, SF.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I think that in GW killing the leader and then losing the battle means that the next time you challenge the 4-man squad there is no leader ability. For that reason, I would kill Rex first. If that's wrong, I'd kill Lando first because his AoE can wipe your weaker squads. You can kill a more powerful toon with a group of characters if it's a single-damage toon, but an AoE toon can wipe your entire weak team.

Killing the leader means no leader ability if the new toon in slot 1 doesn't have a leader ability.
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Palp or lando
  • Options
    Taco wrote: »
    Palp or lando

+1.
    Also, +1 to the OP asking for advice instead of complaining of its difficulty having to expend their roster. Very refreshing.

• Options
    I would kill the leader first or palpatine then anakin then Lando then Rex then sun fac. Depends who is the best
  • Options

Gear 11 seems to be all important in this game.

I have beaten level 85 gear 11 teams easily and often in node 12 GW with my level 79 gear 9/10 rebels. What is far more important than a gear level is good mods with lots of speed and having turn meter preloaded. Admittedly I'm not usually seeing teams with the greatest synergy yet, but I usually don't use anything other than my arena team with the occasional inclusion of a preloaded EP against really annoying counter teams.