Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus..

Orleans
177 posts Member
edited January 2017
Hello there,

Now, I'm very frustraed about this two chars. Every guy in the top 20 plays there. Especaly with more than for stars. I'm a level 59 f2p player and that sucks. Its unbelievable.. I'cant win again these teams. Baze every time taunts, chirrut buffs so much, that i cant' see the life of the enemys.. Of course many of them had Boba in the squad. Fine.. Ability Block.. so.. I' havent any chances against those teams. I lose against a guy, he had 17k strengh. I have 20k.. My team: Ackbar(L), Lando, Lumi, QGJ, Scarif. So many of may enemys are 7 stars. My best is Lando with 6 stars. Ackbar has a tenacity mod. He has over 50%. Nevertheless, he often gets the ability blockade from Boba without efficiency. Finally. I haven't any chance against P2W players. Everyone has everything 7 stars .. My team isnt bad, but also f2p ..

Replies

• Dyakoff
    284 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sorry to break it to you, but you got a terrible team.
    And using tenacity is absurd.
    i know, It kinda makes some logic on paper to use tenacity on Ackbar. But on paper only.
    In real life its a waste of mods.
    PS: if they have Baze, then you should have Boba. Or B2. Both are f2p.
    Currently your complain is that you can't beat top characters with lousy ones.
    Well, yes. You can't.
  • Options
    Do:

Lando (L)
    Wedge
    Biggs
    ST Han
    Boba Fett
  • Options
    You might want to start over, sounds like that is a hard shard.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    It means they invested a lot to be in the top 20. You invested 0. Why do you expect at all you should get in top 20? You have thousands on your shard, at least as I remember I started out of 2000 back in time. So to be around top 20 is not a problem. It's great. If you want to go further you need to open your wallet as everybody else did on your shard. It is what it is
  • Options
    It means they invested a lot to be in the top 20. You invested 0. Why do you expect at all you should get in top 20? You have thousands on your shard, at least as I remember I started out of 2000 back in time. So to be around top 20 is not a problem. It's great. If you want to go further you need to open your wallet as everybody else did on your shard. It is what it is

F2P can get #1 lol
  • Options
    Sorry to break it to ya. Time to adapt, if you want to overcome. As others have said before me, "B2 and Boba are F2P counters to Chaze". So please, stop whining about this Dynamic Duo as others have before you.
  • Options
    Tfp is f2p and a early node cantina farm. With the right mods he will always go first it can put up buff immunity. You could try using ventress but she is to slow. At low lvl arena getting some of the counter characters are out of reach. Try to stay in the top 50 and when you can farm the needed characters to beat the chaze combo
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    At that level he cant farm B2 or Wedge
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Don't forget they also counter attack. Both are coming at you if you use an aoe.

Hopefully there will soon be a counter to them. Maybe a new empire toon or something that has anti-rebel abilities to bring about some sort of balance. Boba is ok but very rng if you get a big crit on one of them. If not they're right back to full health in seconds.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    And the first lesson to learn from this is that power rating means nothing.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    And the first lesson to learn from this is that power rating means nothing.

Ding ding ding! Guys with GK G8 are even rockin it!

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Orleans
    177 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for your answers. Even though I can do without some. I'am level 59. I said that too. So I can hardly use wedge. My aim is looks like this. Wedge, lando, Biggs, Scarif and Ackbar. Why is tenacity stupid on Ackbar? If he can not use skills, he is useless. And I can complain about the fact that some arena places are "bought". Injustice

@Dyakoff: Why do I have a bad team? The synergy is not the best, it is true. But these are all solid characters. I do not understand. But if it is so bad, then you may tell me why this is so.
  • Options
    How many people are there in a shard anyway?
  • Options
    Dyakoff wrote: »
    i know, It kinda makes some logic on paper to use tenacity on Ackbar. But on paper only.
    Well, yes. You can't.

Tenacity mods have their place, and can be used to prevent tanks, cleansers, and healers from suffering ill effects, allowing them to better support their team mates. For example, I have Tenacity mods on Ackbar, GK, and SRP. Ackbar is able to resist EP's stun and shock, ability blocks from IG88, HK-47, etc, allowing him to cleanse the group on his next turn. Same for Kenobi, which allows GK to auto taunt even after TFP's buff immunity AOE. Tenacity on SRP allows him to resist B2's debuff AOE in hAAT P4, preventing removal of buffs, which in turn allow him to resurrect.

ìN Darth JarJar

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Options

You are right. Unfortunately.
  • Options
    RebelBass wrote: »
    Well, yes. You can't.

Tenacity mods have their place, and can be used to prevent tanks, cleansers, and healers from suffering ill effects, allowing them to better support their team mates. For example, I have Tenacity mods on Ackbar, GK, and SRP. Ackbar is able to resist EP's stun and shock, ability blocks from IG88, HK-47, etc, allowing him to cleanse the group on his next turn. Same for Kenobi, which allows GK to auto taunt even after TFP's buff immunity AOE. Tenacity on SRP allows him to resist B2's debuff AOE in hAAT P4, preventing removal of buffs, which in turn allow him to resurrect.

ìN Darth JarJar

Funny I hear so many complaints that being all done up in tenacity mods does very little to resist anything, even against low potency.
  • Options
    I ran all tenacity mods on sun fac with all the B2s and tfp. He resists very little and gas stunned quite a bit.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    RebelBass wrote: »
    Well, yes. You can't.

ìN Darth JarJar

Funny I hear so many complaints that being all done up in tenacity mods does very little to resist anything, even against low potency.

I have personally had good success with high tenacity, ~90-100%, It is not going to stop the debuffs but have seen it stop plenty to make a difference. If you are going to try tenacity mods go big or go home.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Orleans wrote: »
    Hello there,

Now, I'm very frustraed about this two chars. Every guy in the top 20 plays there. Especaly with more than for stars. I'm a level 59 f2p player and that sucks. Its unbelievable.. I'cant win again these teams. Baze every time taunts, chirrut buffs so much, that i cant' see the life of the enemys.. Of course many of them had Boba in the squad. Fine.. Ability Block.. so.. I' havent any chances against those teams. I lose against a guy, he had 17k strengh. I have 20k.. My team: Ackbar(L), Lando, Lumi, QGJ, Scarif. So many of may enemys are 7 stars. My best is Lando with 6 stars. Ackbar has a tenacity mod. He has over 50%. Nevertheless, he often gets the ability blockade from Boba without efficiency. Finally. I haven't any chance against P2W players. Everyone has everything 7 stars .. My team isnt bad, but also f2p ..

well, not everyone can rank top20. Sounds like you haven't progressed as far as your competition, that seems like an acceptable reason for not being in the top 20, no need to get frustrated. It's a freemium game, not paying is cheaper, but you're gonna have to make due with a lesser roster.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Do:

Lando (L)
    Wedge
    Biggs
    ST Han
    Boba Fett

That won't defeat them. Its my high gear arena team I already use.
  • Options
    @Dyakoff: Why do I have a bad team? The synergy is not the best, it is true. But these are all solid characters. I do not understand. But if it is so bad, then you may tell me why this is so.
    lets study each character.
    1) Leader = Ackbar. Only benefits 2 other characters. Leader ability wasted
    Damage and health below average. Only useful in wiggs teams against other wiggs.
    2) Qui Gon - fair dispeller. But useless agains Baze. Qui Gon can dispell once every 3 turns. Baze can taunt every turn. To fight Baze you need a dispeller capable of dispelling faster then once a fight.
    3) Luminara - totally useless in any setup. No healers in arena please.
    4) Lando - Makes great job of healing your enemy.
    5) scariff - change to sun fac, that COULD perhaps solve the problem of Baze

So to sum it up:
    you have one AOE damage dealer who triggers constant heals from Chirrut.
    And two zero-damage characters (Ackbar and Lumi) who cant contribute anything to killing Baze.
    and no means of dispelling Baze

• Orleans
    177 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Damage and health below average. Only useful in wiggs teams against other wiggs.
    2) Qui Gon - fair dispeller. But useless agains Baze. Qui Gon can dispell once every 3 turns. Baze can taunt every turn. To fight Baze you need a dispeller capable of dispelling faster then once a fight.

So to sum it up:
    And two zero-damage characters (Ackbar and Lumi) who cant contribute anything to killing Baze.

You mean my team is especially bad against this? I agree
    But .. Luminara is not a healer, she is an attacker with good damage. I want Wedge and maybe Rey. Then I would remove them. Is Count Dooku here good? I made it with the pace so that first Ackbar, then lando can attack two times. Here, of course, unfavorable.

Ackbar / Wedge
    Lando - Biggs
    Scarif? - Ackbar / Wedge

So I want to have it, but unfortunately Wedge can not farm.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

So to sum it up:

But .. Luminara is not a healer, she is an attacker with good damage. I want Wedge and maybe Rey. Then I would remove them. Is Count Dooku here good? I made it with the pace so that first Ackbar, then lando can attack two times. Here, of course, unfavorable.

Ackbar / Wedge
    Lando - Biggs
    Scarif? - Ackbar / Wedge

She is an attacker true, but good damage??
    Out of the 101 characters currently in the game she is ranked 43rd for her basic and 25 for her special. CUP has a stronger basic attack.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

So to sum it up:

Ackbar / Wedge
    Lando - Biggs
    Scarif? - Ackbar / Wedge

She is an attacker true, but good damage??
    Out of the 101 characters currently in the game she is ranked 43rd for her basic and 25 for her special.

Ok, not so good.^^ But i like Luminara. Ability Block and Heal. In the Arena she isnt good, but i haven't so many chars. By the way: i pass every day the galactic war. I really want Wegde, but.. my level^^
  • Options
    Scarif is solid (though a Leia feeding him Crit up is quite helpful, she's also a crit atker, but stealth)

Get a Sun Fac ready to keep Baze's taunt down, and can keep the HoT on Chiirut limited so you can actually kill him.

Also, Ani once upgraded can do alot of damage and his basic blocks buffs and heals when it lands, able to shut down Chiirut's healing long enough to score the kill.

Yeah, in Arena, Lumi's pretty useless (and I almost never use her in GW either.) Her hayday has passed for now.

Also, mods are important in their rank, and most important, speed. Speed is meta.