Crystal prices for UK players

KyleKatarn
473 posts Member
edited January 2017
Really more aimed at the devs, but I was just wondering, given the recent decision by Apple to increase app prices in Europe, can anyone reveal what might happen regarding in-app purchase prices for SWGOH? Will CG / EA be following suit and raising the prices of the crystal packs for iOS users?

Replies

• Options
    Brexit tax
  • Options
    JTG79 wrote: »
    Brexit tax

True enough :(
  • Options
    OP, I don't know the answer to your question but I have heard (from the BBC I think) that your economy has been booming lately. They said the UK's was the fastest growing economy in Europe right now. So stiff upper lip, and all that! :smiley:
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    our currency dropped 20% after Brexit vote. we need crystal price decreased appropriately!!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Darknessie wrote: »
    our currency dropped 20% after Brexit vote. we need crystal price decreased appropriately!!!

May the force be with you.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

the fall in sterling favours exporters, as crystals are imported from a galaxy far far away expect price increases
  • Options
    Kittypunk wrote: »

the fall in sterling favours exporters, as crystals are imported from a galaxy far far away expect price increases

I laughed out loud :)
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    Really more aimed at the devs, but I was just wondering, given the recent decision by Apple to increase app prices in Europe, can anyone reveal what might happen regarding in-app purchase prices for SWGOH? Will CG / EA be following suit and raising the prices of the crystal packs for iOS users?

The price shouldn't change on EA's end. Apple changed the price to deal with the falling currency. Apple pays the developers directly, and also pays the taxes for them to the appropriate commissions in the various countries.

Now, with that being said, developers may lose some revenue if folks stop purchasing as much, and thus may start charging higher for in-app purchases. Let's hope not.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    @Kittypunk - LOL - best laugh I've had all day!
    @SnakesOnAPlane - thanks for the explanation.