Droid squad help needed (end-game)

Hi guys! :)
Since the begging of September 2017 I've been running 47(L), 88, 86, B2 and JE with an arena power of 46.527 power. I was able to get into the top 5 with them because I have been farming speed mods for over 3 months or so. My squad has an average of +77 speed per member. My squad is almost at max gear, there are 4 gear pieces I need to max them. When the first zeta squads arrived in my arena shard, they still did okey, this squad isn't good on defence, but as long as I was able to get into the top 5 again, I was good.

Lately, I can't get into the top 5. This is mainly because of:
1) Zeta Barris: Every time you crit, the enemy regains 20% max health. My droids don't do enough damage to kill the opposing squad. And of course my droids crit a lot because of my hk 47 lead.
2) Zeta Maul lead: Every time you crit, EP, Maul or Vader go back into stealth and gain advantage. Same problem, my droids crit a lot => another loss.

This is the biggest wall I've faced in this game so far. I am a free to play player, so maybe it's a bit too much to ask for xD I don't know how to further improve my squad anymore. Maybe droids are just not viable.
If you have any advice on how droids can beat these squads, please let me know!
SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].

Replies

• Options
    Me loosing from BentWookie (Zeta Barris General Kenobi)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NDrgqcf10s

Me loosing from Force Mondeo (Zeta Maul)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyxzhVw67N4
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I am have the same problem. Thinking about taking out IG86 and putting in maxed jawa thoughts? He does AOE and can AOE stun.
  • Options
    I only have to deal with wiggs on my shard with droids, but this.... This looks stressful
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    I am have the same problem. Thinking about taking out IG86 and putting in maxed jawa thoughts? He does AOE and can AOE stun.

Yeah good point! I have some gear 10 jawa's, when I omega their aoe stun, it might work :) Will try it out today.
    Fizzik wrote: »
    I only have to deal with wiggs on my shard with droids, but this.... This looks stressful

You better start preparing for those zeta squads then xD not many players have them. So you will probalby be fine for a while :)
  • Options
    Anyone? =)
  • Options
    Does the 88 healing immunity not prevent the Zarris healing?

You could also try TFP for AoE Buff Immunity. Wouldn't help Barris, but should prevent the stealth from Zaul that's giving you fits.

Zarris is something that deeply concerns me. I'm not sure there are many counters to it, as not many characters can pull out that kind of damage. I stay just under 50 though, so it should be a while before I encounter any zetas. :)
  • Options
    Only droid solution I can see is: GG (L), HK, 100, B2, Lobot

It's a turtley build, but if you have to avoid crits ...
    Could swap Lobot for 88 or K2, but then you lose that periodic TM boost. JE's comes with a crit chance up, unfortunately ...
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Options
    Those videos hurt to watch. :neutral:
  • Options
    Droids are in a tough spot nowadays, and considering that a notably large part of the ftp community mains droids they should have some attention in the future imo.
    That said, you have made some mistakes during the fight with BentWookie (only saw that one):
    1 - using b2. You don't want to dispel kenobi. You want to kill him first and as fast as possible, and considering any crit you do on his teammates he gets his taunt up... a 5th spot would be best used by a big dmg dealer (e.g. griveous, Boba Fett, maybe Ani, even Nebit would be better to soak up some damage and get that triple assist).
    2 - since you decided to use b2, don't use his basic on a target without protection... barriss's zeta turns small hits into a net gain of health for them.
    3 - with 2 min left, and with Chirrut open for a 86 assist, you go after Barriss. After Kenobi, Chirrut needs to go next.

Not saying its even possible to win with droids vs that team, and don't take this as a bashing - it's not. Like I started by saying, droids should probably get a boost to get them up to speed.

I'll watch vs Maul later.

Subscribed your channel.
  • Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    Does the 88 healing immunity not prevent the Zarris healing?

You could also try TFP for AoE Buff Immunity. Wouldn't help Barris, but should prevent the stealth from Zaul that's giving you fits.

Currently leveling TFP :) . 88 does provide healing immunity on his basic, but only with a 60% chance. He has a potency cross with +24% potency, but I fear that is still not enough.
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    Droids are in a tough spot nowadays, and considering that a notably large part of the ftp community mains droids they should have some attention in the future imo.
    That said, you have made some mistakes during the fight with BentWookie (only saw that one):
    1 - using b2. You don't want to dispel kenobi. You want to kill him first and as fast as possible, and considering any crit you do on his teammates he gets his taunt up... a 5th spot would be best used by a big dmg dealer (e.g. griveous, Boba Fett, maybe Ani, even Nebit would be better to soak up some damage and get that triple assist).
    2 - since you decided to use b2, don't use his basic on a target without protection... barriss's zeta turns small hits into a net gain of health for them.
    3 - with 2 min left, and with Chirrut open for a 86 assist, you go after Barriss. After Kenobi, Chirrut needs to go next.

Not saying its even possible to win with droids vs that team, and don't take this as a bashing - it's not. Like I started by saying, droids should probably get a boost to get them up to speed.

I'll watch vs Maul later.

Subscribed your channel.

Thx a lot for your advice! Next time I will replace B2 with Nebit, he' s geared up well. I know it's maybe a bit to much for droids to beat this squad, but I will definitely keep trying. I will post the new vids here.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat a guy in my arena just zeta Barris. I used to woop him but now can't touch him. I got a gear 11 nebit tried him doesn't work. Until they zeta some droids us guys who've been using them in arena are "sol". It's kinda ridiculous how tough the new toons are. I know they want you to keep spending money in the game but I think it's a little ridiculous that a guy in my arena has a 3*churret and a 5*baze and my7* modded and maxed droids can't compete. I would think they would be getting some attention in the next couple updates just gotta hang in there
  • Options
    I tried those teams too with my droids, not even a chance.
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Chewie_says_Aaarww this gonna be a kinda big text but please, please, please read it and give your thoughts. Your thread is gold to me and find it was marvelous.

Your topic is just what I needed and I want to ask some question and also give some suggestions that you can try and feedback me to know what to do. And beforehand sorry for a broken english here or there.

I'm also run a droid team like yours but still Ig-100 instead of B2. Ig-100 serves me well so far but my B2 is already at the gates to replace him, just ~20 more shards to level 7* and he already have some decent gears and mods, but I do would love some suggestion and wich mods use on him. Right now I'm using potency and damage since he does attack a lot, but the damage one seens out of place since he hits soft anyway and speed don't seen needed since he gain turn meter naturally. What do you use in your? Potency and tank? Suggestions?

So, my arena situation and question:
    - My bigguest problems so far with my droid team is the rebel meta. I lose most battles against them, sometimes even lower powers teams. I once top #2 in my ranking and kept myself amoung the top 10 for some days, but all of that was me scoring positions over Palpatine + Vader meta teams. Even before I having B2 I already am taking on Palpatine teams with Shoretroopers and more frequent than not coming on top of it, like I said, I managed to climb my way up to #2 just by doing it. The problem, like I said, was the rebels... if I get down to a position around #50 (droids are not good at holding positions) I'm screwed. I cant defeat most Wedge+Biggs meta there and the Palp+Vader teams are way up the rank, so I got stuck until some Palps fall on the rank and I got back to the top10 attacking them. So that's my situation and question: how do you deal with the rebel meta??? Does B2 makes that much of a difference against rebels? I really, really, really need some tips to use my droids against rebels, mostly Wedge, Biggs, ST Han and Lando. I can ability block them but the area crit spawn of the droids keeps Biggs nuking me and I dont know who to bring down first... any tips you can give me?

Now the lessons I am taking from you topic:
    - I was considering working on a new Arena team, maybe even the Palp meta so I can defeat those rebels and face even odds against other empire players. Than I realized that Palp meta is becoming more common each day, so I was thinking about working on a team that counters the Palp meta (I see some nasty Bounty Hunter teams doing it but not sure how good they are against the rebel meta)... of course, than I realised that my current droid team ALREADY is doing quite good against Palp even before my B2 comes to counter Shore. I was happy for a moment than I saw your topic... OUCH!!! Zetas are VERY rare on my server right now, I don't think anyone have it so far, but soon or later it will come has a meta to the higher ranks and you showed me that if I keep my droid team I can be screwed.

So... thoughts:
    For the Bariss zeta shouldn't Grievous be a nice option for a droid team? Nightmare grind apart, he does apply healing immunity in an area damage, right? How viable would be to play Grievous instead of B2, IG-86 or IG-88? Maybe a full droid team taking JE out? What do you think?

For Maul zeta... I'm happy now for having my Maul very well geared! He is my GW monster so I kept him well equiped and now, when zeta come, may be the time for he to shine on my arena team again. My Sidious, Dooku and Vader are also kinda well equiped, not to Arena level but closer so I can up than kinda fast, but I still need to up Palpatine and Shore. So maybe when I have a chance I should zeta my Maul lead and throw out a Sith team with a Shore, Red Guard or whatever? Do you think it would be better than the droids against other teams? I saw that Maul zeta does cripples droids, but how does it perform agains the Rebel and Palpatine meta? Maybe should I do two teams: Droids to attack and zeta Maul to defend? Thoughts?
  • Options
    When you get b2 rebels won't be a problem. Hk lead get JE over 200 speed so he goes first b2 should be next because most run STH. so debuff the taunt as I'm sure you no if left with the taunt all those extra turns you get in the beginning because of hk lead are wasted. I take out wedge first before he even gets a turn then lando. once there out of the way it's smooth sailing. I don't have grievous so no idea how he would be but you definitely don't want to get rid of JE he's the key to beating rebels. With his advantage up and hk lead ability I usefully get 2 turns by each toon before a rebel gets 1
  • Options
    @VektorT ,

Hey mate! I believe I can give you some advice to counter Wegde + Biggs squads, and auto taunters at the start of the battle like Baze or Shoretrooper wont be a problem either. The key is B2! Glad to see you almost 7*-ed him.

@Jamiesboss is laying the foundation. You need to make sure that all droids gain 100% after JE does his turn meter up. That way all your droids are going first before the enemy makes a move. This means that 1 of your 4 droids (B2, 88, 86 and 47) will go first. The RNG decides which one. This is what will happen when facing different squads:

1. Wiggs + lando + St Han
    You start with focussing on Wegde. You can even aoe with your droids without worrying about Biggs, because you have 4 droids at 100% turn meter and the enemy has only 1 guy at 100% turn meter. The RNG decides who goes first (this is still a 80% chance your droids go first)

2. EP squads.
    With EP squads you always start with killing EP, even if they have wedge + biggs in those squads.

3. Shoretrooper or Baze squads.
    These are a bit more tricky, since you need some good RNG to hope that B2 goes first after JE, do his aoe buff remover, en then focus on EP or wedge. Check out this video for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzrLsZWMpNM&t=4s

By now you should know that all droids need 100% turn meter after JE goes. But how do you know for sure they do? By using this amazing excel sheet! :):phttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-RqMTNkj9If0f1Lr-Umv9BLsKKTRwF6GK4nDklAdDZ0/edit#gid=0
    With this sheet, you only need to edit column C, then make sure all values in column G are blue (>100% turn meter).
    If you have any questions, let me know! :) Always happy to help out fellow droid users.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    For Biggs you need K-2SOw on offense. For B2 you can either go health or offense.

Boba and Rex teams do very well in my shard as do zetas and GK .

I really would love to see a boba, 88, JE, not sure on other 2.... JE would speed up 88 (calibrate) and boba with bombs.
  • Options
    Beating a zeta Barris/GK/Fives or maxxed Bazzle/Churro is still possible with droids but requires spot on RNG with B2's buff block and 88's heal block. As of right now I'm still in top 5 using a maxed HK, 88, 100, JE, B2 team. B2 has been modded with hard damage +100 secondaries and everyone is max Gear 11. Even then I'll get strings of Chaze attacks that decimate me or a super fast Maul lead/emperor combo that stuns and dazes my entire team first and doesn't let me take a single turn. That's with a speed 240+50 Jawa Engineer.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, guys! I'm taking your suggestions into my game!

Yeah, I got JE speed. I even had a little arms race with another droid player in my server about who got the fastest JE, since whoever had it will take the other position easily while defending very well against him. I managed to make my JE faster with 240 speed, wich is insane, and that without the passive speed buff of the droids. But about that... I think I spoted a bug while doing it. JE passive should give him +10 speed for each living friend droid, right? My team was 4 droids + JE while his was 3 droids + JE and Bobba, so my JE should get a +40 bonus while his get +30 bonus... but even when my JE was less than 10 speed points slower than his I still didn't go first, but since I made my JE just only little point faster (240 against 239) my JE gos first every time.

About the 100% after JE ability, there is one thing I don't get it. What is the difference of getting 100% turn meter or 95% or such close number? Wont my droid still act first? Or I really just need the 100% to counter Biggs, so every droid will act before him if they achieve 100% turn meter before Biggs? I will have a though time upping my HK speed to achieve 100% turn meter. Also... does the speed matters in the order of the droids after achieving 100% turn meter after JE? I'm inclined to believe it does matter, IG-88 was my fasted droid and I do remember him moving first after JE every time or at least every time from my memory. Thinking about that I made my B2 the fasted hoping he acts first after JE, but it's untested so far. I will test and see.

Also, about Grievous... do you guys think he is useful against Barris or replacing B2 against teams with no taunt or buff dependent? He seens to pack a punch.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Once your turn meter is 100% is RNG who goes next
  • Options
    Well, I put B2 in my team today and give him the most speed of all my droids. When JE use his ability everyone except HK go to 100% turn meter and all the 5 times was B2 who acted first. I'm really not sure it's purely RNG based, I do think that the droid with more turn meter that hits 100% goes first, wich means the faster droid goes first after JE.
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @VektorT,

JE counts himself as an ally. So that's the +10 speed. It's working as intended :smiley:
    Use this spreadsheet to make sure every droid has 100% turn meter after JE his special! :) you can test the turn meter order on node 1 of GW.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-RqMTNkj9If0f1Lr-Umv9BLsKKTRwF6GK4nDklAdDZ0/edit?usp=drivesdk
  • Options
    Hey i use droids since a year approximately with a break of 6 months.

My team is JE,HK, 88,86 and 100 (working on B2).

Wouldn't it be better if we speed mod our droids such as HK hit always before 88 for the 88 increased damages when ennemies are debuffed?
  • Options
    @monkeyforever,

I would go for 100% turn meter, else Biggs will instakill one of your droids;)
  • Options

Wouldn't it be better if we speed mod our droids such as HK hit always before 88 for the 88 increased damages when ennemies are debuffed?

I do think it's better if IG-86 goes first (or after B2), that way you have a chance of killing Wedge before someone triggers Biggs with an area attack critc.
  • Options

For sure HK47 before IG88 so 88 can do more damage by debuffs landed earlier.

My run my droids in the following order:

1st. JE: recalibrates
    2nd. K2SO: taunt up
    3rd. B2: dispell all and debuff
    4th. HK47: land debuffs
    5th. IG88: crit onslaught