Bounty Hunters a viable squad?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Outside of rebel or empire, it's really hard to run a team just of one type.

I think Boba and IG88 could be interesting in several squads. Both of them would really create some havoc with their ability block. I think IG88 with lead, giving everyone 20% crit chance and damage over time could be deadly with vader on that squad.

Force crush, with all the damage over time, ability block and then culling blade with a 20% increase in critical hit would be a lot of knockouts. Throw in TFP does 50% more damage with someone suffering a negative effect. Throw in a tenacity down with a follow up let the hate flow from EP and that would be wicked.
  • Options
    Just fight with whatever squad works for you, except the last fight. Do that one with a meta or your best D squad. They should hold better than the team you have fun with
  • Drax_77
    1076 posts Member
    Options
    There's a bh team on my shards top 50 boba, zam, den, 88 and greedo, I run an empire team and I've battled this team about 6 times and I'm at 50/50 it depends on the rng more than anything with them on defense, I fight them cuz I'm tired of seeing wiggs everywhere, it's a fun team to battle against and on my wins I normally only have 2 maybe 3 toons left standing. So I'd say overall they are a fairly solid team and I can see them getting better in the future.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Look for the video at youtube of an user @RJ__Brando, his full bounty hunter squad performs very well. Plus he gets #1 at arena defeating any meta toons.

My latest team:

ExOwEX5.jpg

That's not a bounty hunter team. That's a General Kenobi +fill in the blanks heroes team.

• Options
    Id love to see the team operate without GK. Not sure how viable it really is.
  • Options
    Id love to see the team operate without GK. Not sure how viable it really is.

That same squad with B2 instead of Kenobi is in the top 10 on my shard.
  • Siskin
    135 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Before I got Zader and GK, I ran

Boba
    Zam
    Dengar
    Raid Han

Raid Han was there so I could out speed any toon on my shard other than JE. Battles typically went like this:

Han stuns, Boba AOE ability blocks, Zam tosses thermals, thus increasing her speed to roughly 375. 88's AOE then hits like a truck, Raid Han uses his buff, Dengar crits everyone with mini mines and strips everyones turn meters. Game over, I never dropped out of top ten with this comp, and always took 1st or 2nd at payout.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • dinobambino
    141 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Guy in top 20 runs them with je versus greedy. TM is ridiculous I had to fight them a few times to figure how to deal with it
  • Options
    Some overall good feedback here. I just wanna run a good comp that's not Rebels or Empire because I see them all the time (for good reason) I wanna be relatively unique while being able to hold my own as well.

I'm currently running Droids but unlike a lot of other droid users (it seems) I can recognize that they aren't meta anymore and I'm looking to move on (even though I've only ran droids for two months)

I'm really hoping the BH squad works out as I've already put quite a bit of resources into them and for it to backfire would be crushing lol.
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »
    The best bounty hunter teams in videos that I've seen (top ten team) are all Boba L, greedo, zam, 88, b2

B2 is not a BH
  • Options
    I switched to bounty hunters with B2 a few days ago but they weren't quite ready in terms of gear. And my high speed mods weren't potency mods so didn't quite work. People generally left me alone though so only needed to battle once or twice a day to stay in top 20 which was nice. But couldn't really get into top 10. When I've finished gearing them I'll definitely use them. The only problem is you can't really outspeed TFP and if he ability blocks boba it's kinda game over. I switched back to Boba Wedge Biggs Palp B2 and just moved up to 1st so gonna stick with that and try and get more crystals for gear etc in the mean time.
  • Options
    Jimbob wrote: »
    I switched to bounty hunters with B2 a few days ago but they weren't quite ready in terms of gear. And my high speed mods weren't potency mods so didn't quite work. People generally left me alone though so only needed to battle once or twice a day to stay in top 20 which was nice. But couldn't really get into top 10. When I've finished gearing them I'll definitely use them. The only problem is you can't really outspeed TFP and if he ability blocks boba it's kinda game over. I switched back to Boba Wedge Biggs Palp B2 and just moved up to 1st so gonna stick with that and try and get more crystals for gear etc in the mean time.

That's pretty much the SAME predicament I'm already in with my droids lol (except people don't leave me alone) I can get top 20 easy if I try but I can only get top 10 on a VERY good day and the fact that top 10 is such a rarity for me is why I wanna change.

So I'm hoping I'll have a different experience.