Scoundrel Squad

Darkjoe1990
197 posts Member
edited January 2017
I am at level 73 and for Credit heist I need to update my team to beat the challenge. My roster is as follows.

7* Boba lv.62
6* Lando lv.58
6* Chewy lv.58
5* IG-88 lv.58
4* Gam Guard lv.58
2* Greedo
1* Cad bane

I dont have any shards towards any others (I know STH should be farmed I just got on the forums late). I am actively working on IG and Lando. I guess I'm wondering if I should put Guild Currency into Gam. Guard or if i will be fine passing the challenge if I level up Boba, Lando, and IG-88 to about 70 since they are the only Scoundrel toons I actually use for other stuff.

Replies

• Options
    Lando and Han can practically solo it when maxed. Boba makes it easier. The others are just meat shields
  • Options
    Get STH. He is too valuable being scoundrel and Rebel. GG is a waste imo
  • Options
    I literally beat the final tier with only lando and sth. But they are gear 11 and 10
  • Options
    Get STH. He is too valuable being scoundrel and Rebel. GG is a waste imo

Good to know, I will just level who I normally would and start to farm STH.

I am having a hard time figuring out what to spend my guild currency on. I may just start speeding up my Sun Fac Farm or is something else recommended?
  • crzydroid
    7313 posts Moderator
    Options
    I would say STHan would help. But with Boba and Lando, I don't know how much the others matter. I notice some of them are 15 levels below your player level, so try just levelling them. Also, what is the gear level? Make sure they are properly geared and modded.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    It's easier with 2 taunters. Usually, I run the first step without taunting, the second one with no or one, and the last one with 1 or 2 taunts, so Lando and the 2 other guys can clean all by themselves.

I usually run Lando (L), GG (6*), STHan, Cad Bane and either Greedo or Dengar.

Only STHan and Lando are gr 10 7*. GG is also fun and is healthy, mine is 20k HP + 10k protection (gr8).
  • Options
    I am not a fan of STH. Maybe hits his gear level, but he is too squishy for me. Nonetheless, everyone says you need STH, so I built him up. I run

Lando(L) [7* G10],

STH [7* G9],

IG-88 [7* G9],

Dengar [6* G8], and

Chewie [5* G7].

I save Chewie's taunt for the last round. At the end, I usually only have Lando and Dengar standing. My keys to beating this have been Lando and IG-88. They do all the damage. Everyone else is a meat shield. I have not done a lot of development on Boba Fett, but I imagine he would probably be a nice add.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Theodore Roosevelt. "You know that's right!" Rey
  • Options
    Lando, ST Han (& reg han), and 88 double dip as scoundrels and rebels/droid. Boba fett is just useful no matter what.

Chewie is meh, (though I use him myself). Bane sucks, ignore, Greedo is even worse. Dengar is great raid material, so I'd recommend him for sure.

GG, ST Han, and Chewie might make for an interesting (albeit slooowww) offense - they could all taunt dance around most enemies while lando rains hell! But you could never use them on defence, the AI would have them all taunt at once, negating the point of the trio entirely.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    But you could never use them on defence, the AI would have them all taunt at once, negating the point of the trio entirely.

Yeah like how it cant play Yoda for it's life lol.
  • Options
    It's true - the one thing I liked about the Arena is you didn't have to worry about defense per team (it was pre-set) so you could use some combinations that would never work in the arena.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • crzydroid
    7313 posts Moderator
    Options
    I am not a fan of STH. Maybe hits his gear level, but he is too squishy for me. have not done a lot of development on Boba Fett, but I imagine he would probably be a nice add.

Ha, I actually feel the same way about STHan. I find him useful for randomly removing tm from the enemy at the start of his turns. Also, there's the gain for your team, but that would mean he's taunting. The only time I really feel comfortable taunting with him is when I run Chirrut or can revive him with Jyn. I prefer pathfinder otherwise. Sometimes I taunt in the heist on the last round if another toon is about to bite it.

Boba after the rework is great.
  • Options
    STH becomes useful at gear 10 or 11. Too squishy before then. To the OP wondering what he should get from the shard shop: Jawa engineer is a key to any droid team and can only be found there. Otherwise maul, Rex, and sun fac are powerful characters that can only be found there or fleet shipments. All of those are good options depending on your need.
  • Options
    I don't use any tank in credit heist or training droid challenge. Cad bane lead, boba, landio, 88, and dengar. All level 80 g8. Normally 3* highest tier. So there are options besides what people have said.

That said, i find G Guard pretty useless. From guild shop, you got JE and Dengar both exclusive to shop. Rey, sun fac, rex, darth maul, other clones, and resistance trooper all more useful then guard.
  • Options
    I used to have an issue with this but now I auto it on hardest with:
    All 7* except chewy, most eveyone has all their abilities either lvl 7 or omega.

I used the same team with Lando leading amd had the hardest time every week. One I switched to Cad, it was night and day, hope it helps.

Cad bane lead , 80
    ST Han,85
    Chewy, 80
    Lando, 85
    Boba Fett, 85
  • Options
    Forgot to mention all on gear 8
  • Options
    You can't get a 1* Cad Bane, am I the only who noticed this?
  • Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

It may be 2* I honestly never look at him cause he's useless lol. just curious if someone would recommend him or something.
  • Darkjoe1990
    197 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What I'm gathering most of all from this is that its just time to level up the toons I plan to keep using. Then I'll be fine. I have just been focusing on 7*'ing so many toons I don't have the credits to get more than 2 up to lv.70. I've got like 9 toons 7* at about lv.60 so they are mostly even across the board. While safe, it has put me in a place where I cant really beat the challenges I am unlocking.
  • Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »

It may be 2* I honestly never look at him cause he's useless lol. just curious if someone would recommend him or something.

You can only have 3* minimum.
  • Options
    Then he is 3* I left him completely alone after getting him from a card lol.
  • GeltonTorr
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Greetings,

after some deliberarion i decided to go somewhat against the flow and run scoundrel events with a bounty hunter team, because i just could not resist.

my team:

Boba Fett (L) 4* lv77 G8 rank 7/8
    Zam Wessel 5* lv 78 G8 rank 7/8
    IG-88 4* lv77 G8 rank 7/8
    Greedo 4* lv77 G8 rank 7
    Cad Bane 4* lv77 G8 rank 7

I three starred all four ranks in both events with this team and maybe Greedo will get the same treatment from CG one day as Boba did last November.

• Options
    I don't have Lando or STHan (my bad...) but I'm working on them. 3* top tier I run Boba, Greedo, Chewie, IG-88 and Dengar/Nute. All 7* 80 g8.

I wouldn't recommend that team though as I think there are better options! Certainly wouldn't recommend Dengar grind (I'm at 61/100 from 0). He's cool and useful for raids but I don't think he's worth the gear I've sacrificed from guild store
  • Options
    I ran Lando (L) 7* G10, StHan 6* G8, Boba 6* G8, Chewie 5* G7, Cad Bane 7* G8
    Got the top tier done and got the increased payout.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Lando and Boba will win it easily for you and the only ones worth getting to past gear 8. The rest are bantha fodder unless you're committed to getting them to gear x+ and modded, otherwise bantha fodder.

I'm glad I never gave one trick squishy loser STHan that furnace to get past gear 8. I refused to use him and rode it out until he became pretty much irrelevant in the top 50 arena.

78212c09a0e5f777cba223fd9af1d65e9f9525a389ea0b79b9a7da512b37f199.jpg
  • Darkjoe1990
    197 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Boba is gonna be the first I level up to 70. Bounty hunters resolve has turned the tide of countless matches for me and I covered him in defense mods.