Maul Rework

Noe17
148 posts Member
Look I know he got a zeta ability and it makes him a little more viable. But he still needs his rework. Maul was way faster then Kenboi answer somehow Kenboi is faster then maul. Maul should be one of the fastest characterand in the game. Faster then TFP in my opinion. Like especially if he going to have low protection and health. At least make him hit harder and faster. Also he needs synergy with his brother at least. I know a maul rework on the way I highly doubt CG going to keep him this way. Just want to know what everyone else thought.

Replies

• Options
    Maul was faster than the kenobi padawan in PM. Clone wars GK is a different beast. Apples to Oranges my friend
  • Options
    Opinion: Maul was faster than Kenobi?

Fact: Maul got sliced in half by Kenobi
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    The answer to Maul's major remaining weakness (Speed) is synergy with Savage. It could be simple or complex. Like if Savage is alive, maul gains 30 speed or something cool like changing savage to a tank and making him taunt for 1 turn every time anyone on the team gets crit like Kenobi and then gives Maul 20% TM for every hit on savage while taunting.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Maul is VERY good IF used correctly. He doesn't need a rework, rather a speed increase. +25 speed increase would make Maul perfect. He has an AOE that can daze fcol. He's good where he is but a speed buff like mentioned earlier wouldn't hurt.
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    Opinion: Maul was faster than Kenobi?

Fact: Maul got sliced in half by Kenobi

Maul was faster than Kenobi. Kenobi only defeated Maul as Kenobi used Soresu which is the ultimate Form 7 counter. Kenobi was also filled by rage of his master saying therefore, he gained force speed but still almost lost the battle. If it wasn't for Maul's arrogance, Kenobi would've died.
  • Options
    I really want Maul/Savage synergy. I started working on Maul as soon as he started showing up in the fleet/raid shipments as I have always wanted to have him. I have had Savage for a long time and he was the first toon I got to g11 back before that was even a common sight and I think that it would not take much to use him to make Maul awesome.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Maul is VERY good IF used correctly. He doesn't need a rework, rather a speed increase. +25 speed increase would make Maul perfect. He has an AOE that can daze fcol. He's good where he is but a speed buff like mentioned earlier wouldn't hurt.

Yes, speed is all he neeeds. His damage is very good, his utility is good. the only AOE daze, gains health as the fight goes on. Everything is right except his speed.
  • Options
    Even if Maul isn't very viable for arena he is still very useful in raids, and his ship looks like it is by far the strongest in the game if combined with Biggs and an Ackbar lead.
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Even if Maul isn't very viable for arena he is still very useful in raids, and his ship looks like it is by far the strongest in the game if combined with Biggs and an Ackbar lead.

He is viable in both arenas.
  • Options
    I agree that Maul should've killed Kenobi, but he wanted to taunt and he paid for it by having a padawan cut him in half like butter. However, Kenobi moved faster and killed Maul before he could react.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    I think maul is completely fine as he is. His kit is amazing from the aoe daze to the 100%tm gain with his basic on a killing blow. His awesome unique including his zeta leader, puts him at my favorite character right now.

Now I do think something needs to chant with savage. I think savage should get a zeta that's puts this duo into the meta.
    This zeta will go onto savage unique.

Whenever maul(or sith) is hit(or crit); savage taunts for 2 turns and gains crit immunity.

Now if you don't want that I suggest give them a small synergy.
    If maul is present: gain speed up and offense up for 2 turns, on evade or crit on maul/savage.
    If savage is preset: gain 20% extra tm and get offense up for 2 turns on evade.
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me if potency is a requirement for Maul to land Daze?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    He is easily my most used favorite character right now. He is just about soloing my gws for me. Node after node OHKO my opponents.
  • Options
    Nikka488 wrote: »

No, but potency decreases the chance of it getting resisited.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options

Nooo I have crit damage/Chance with no secondary potency. Have him at leader and I usually daze 4/5
  • Options
    The only buff maul really could use would be applying daze before applying damage.

Any savage synergy should focus more on savage than maul ATM (imo).
  • Options
    Thank you both. That is the #1 factor that is preventing me from making him faster. Is there a minimum potency percentage you would suggest? Right now I have 2 potency & 4 crit damage mods on him. He's 154 speed but I could make him 165 if Potency doesn't matter
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Okay I could agree he needs a speed buff and more opportunities to gain tm.
  • Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah it's savage that may need a rework. A taunt with critical immunity and defense up. That's scary. But I like his special though. But it needs to be like 50% percent health.
  • Options
    Thank you both. That is the #1 factor that is preventing me from making him faster. Is there a minimum potency percentage you would suggest? Right now I have 2 potency & 4 crit damage mods on him. He's 154 speed but I could make him 165 if Potency doesn't matter

67577261.jpg
  • Options
    This subject is really becoming a dead horse getting beaten...

As far as savage goes... i just want to point out... that savage was turned into a sith super-soldier by the nightsisters (kinda like a captain america) that being said dispite his enhancements he was killed in less than 1 year and how powerful could he have been in 1 year?

As far as maul being faster than kenobi... maul was super agile (which he is in game especially zeta'd) , not necessarily flash gordon fast. His speed was out maneuvering opponent.

I'm not saying savage cant get a rework... just that the core want here is more sith to go with zeta maul lead.

The best answer (imo) is more sith. From the old republic preferably, but i would rather see a grand inquistor (lord i can't belive i said that) over juicing up savage or maul.

• Options
    I don't think he needs much rework his speed is perfect, use heavy aoe characters with him. Put speed on boba, wedge, and lando, then when it's mauls turn watch him solo the rest of the battle
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    This subject is really becoming a dead horse getting beaten...

As far as savage goes... i just want to point out... that savage was turned into a sith super-soldier by the nightsisters (kinda like a captain america) that being said dispite his enhancements he was killed in less than 1 year and how powerful could he have been in 1 year?

As far as maul being faster than kenobi... maul was super agile (which he is in game especially zeta'd) , not necessarily flash gordon fast. His speed was out maneuvering opponent.

I'm not saying savage cant get a rework... just that the core want here is more sith to go with zeta maul lead.

The best answer (imo) is more sith. From the old republic preferably, but i would rather see a grand inquistor (lord i can't belive i said that) over juicing up savage or maul.

None of that stuff matters about savage. Who is bistan? He was in a movie without even talking really for 3 seconds and he is a character in this holotable game. please stop saying that.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    The answer to Maul's major remaining weakness (Speed) is synergy with Savage. It could be simple or complex. Like if Savage is alive, maul gains 30 speed or something cool like changing savage to a tank and making him taunt for 1 turn every time anyone on the team gets crit like Kenobi and then gives Maul 20% TM for every hit on savage while taunting.

I like the second part of your suggestion. Could indirectly buff Mauls speed through a synergy with Savage. Something like:

Zeta'd Brute: In addition, whenever Darth Maul takes damage Savage Oppress taunts for 1 turn. Darth Maul also gains 30% turn meter whenever Savage Oppress gains turn meter through this ability.

• Noe17
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Who the heck is baze malbus? Like how strong could baze be over Savage like come on dude
  • Options

67577261.jpg

Sent you a PM