The Bounty or Contracts Table

Prev13
Hutt Contracts were implemented in Battlefront. What if SWGOH had something similar? Hutt Contracts, Bounties, etc?

Just like ships where a completely new section of the game was opened up and available at a certain level whereas you can go to the tables and pit your teams against enemies to fulfill certain tasks and enter almost a black market. It could be a seedy part of the cantina, dark and hazy / smoky...

I Was thinking it would need to be unlocked at a fairly higher level like 50+, and it could be set up similar to the regular LS, DS and Cantina tables but the end result of a stage would be some type of reward. Now, in Battlefront they are usually weapons of some type, I don't really remember all of them, I haven't played that in a while. I don't suggest any type of weapon modifications, or different weapons that could be equipped but rather credits, ship blueprints, high level gear, full characters (like the chromium or aurodium packs) - not shards.

Vader, Boba, Jabba can all be in there at different tables - each one representing a different difficulty and reward base. They would require you to use different techniques or squads to use to obtain your rewards.

Since you would be in a black market and if you don't like your reward, you could sell or trade it back for a higher paying bounty or reward. Higher paying rewards such as rare or new characters, enough credits and training droids to jump up a character you already have, etc. Or Vader could choke you out lol.

I'm thinking level 1A through 1J (or whatever) would be almost like an expanded, more difficult Credit Heist. Level 2 would be for regular gear, 3 for good gear, you get the idea. I'm also thinking it would be similar to the Mod Challenges so to speak, at least 5 waves of enemies per battle times 8 to 10 battles per stage.

Certain stages would be limited to only be allowed to use certain characters (think Mod Challenges again) but more involved. You may need to use 2 scoundrels, 1 healer, a tank and a sith. It would make people think outside the box a little and force them to shuffle up their team strategies to get the rewards.

I think it would be cool, similar to other things but different enough to mix everything up.

Anyway - Just kind of bored at work.

Replies

• Options
    I like the concept of a bounty table. But I don't want it to be like the usual stages and three star etc there's already too much in the game of that (light side dark side cantina and mods).

Instead I would like to see some sort of system where there are randomly generated assignments that you can select. At first evryone starts of with menial ones (say spend so and so energy, or defeat this character etc) and each completion nets you credits (obviously), and reputation points. You would have to search the game LS DS cantina or mod battles to find the character to beat etc.

Moving up the tiers of the reputation grants longer harder but more exciting assignments. Something like defeat a PvP opponent who has Palpatine in their squad whilst you use a bounty hunter in your team.

This style means there's almost an infinite possibility of randomly generated assignments. Some assignments may need to be completed over a few days but net even better rewards (loads more credits, and prize boxes for gear).

Build your way up to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy!
    It's fun and alleviates the credit and gear heist and is different form the usual battles in the game
  • Options
    See?!? This is what I'm talking about - I like the reputation idea and the randomly generated assignments. If you don't have so and so to complete this assignment, well you're pretty much SOL, maybe you can get in on the next assignment.

Nice feedback!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    +1

Lol, even lego star wars did this.
  • Options
    It just a development of your idea aha. But it would be a really awesome feature and breaks the mold of the current game formats. Whilst I do enjoy ships it's the same format as the main game. We need something to diversify the format
  • Options
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    Instead I would like to see some sort of system where there are randomly generated assignments that you can select. At first evryone starts of with menial ones (say spend so and so energy, or defeat this character etc) and each completion nets you credits (obviously), and reputation points. You would have to search the game LS DS cantina or mod battles to find the character to beat etc.

Moving up the tiers of the reputation grants longer harder but more exciting assignments. Something like defeat a PvP opponent who has Palpatine in their squad whilst you use a bounty hunter in your team.

This style means there's almost an infinite possibility of randomly generated assignments. Some assignments may need to be completed over a few days but net even better rewards (loads more credits, and prize boxes for gear).

This is a great idea and promotes experimentation for established players who are bored of regular arena --> GW --> raid. I love the idea of spreading it to arena situations as well. Examples could be "win a PVP match with Cad Bane as leader" or "prevent an enemy from reviving with Boba's Execute" or "lose a PVP match with one enemy remaining" (hard one).

GW examples could be "kill all enemies in a GW match without taking damage" or "kill at least 10 jedis in GW"

I think challenges should refresh on a daily basis, and like previously said, if you can't meet a challenge as you don't have the toon then you're SOL.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I do like what you started here! <3

So theres 3 daily story/bounty missions that rotate daily. These give you reputation, and this is how you unlock the boards and nodes.

(maybe reputation is aquired by guild to unlock nodes and ally points used to do the individual nodes on the board once unlocked by guild)

(Make these story/bountys accessable at say lv 50 so players can start gathering reputation)

So the board is setup like gw/ls/ds with different nodes increasing the payout as levels progress of the following... (brainstorming)

Board 1
    1.)Credits
    2.)Ship credits
    3.)Guild shop tokens
    4.)Ship shop tokens
    5.)Arena tokens
    6.)Galactic war tokens

Board 2
    7.)Shard shop tokens
    8.)Unobtainiums (maybe a low drop rate for a few pieces)
    9.)Ship hardware (you know its coming)
    10.)Gems! (A small amount)
    11.)Ally points
    12.)? Tba

Okay heres the kicker!
    You have 3 chances daily, pending reputation/ap available (PERIOD) which node you clear is your choice, 3 different ones or same one. No refresh beyond 3. No retries. You lose, that is still one of your 3 tries gone. So access is limited by what you have in your roster, and NOBODY can do any node more than 3 times a day and those get harder for each daily repeat!

Now keep in mind this board is gonna be insanely difficult...even more so if you try to repeat a node. This board is designed with level caped players that have several teams g10+ in mind. (But a toned down, less rewarding beginer board should be available if reputation accumlation is guild orientated)

This also perfect way to make use of your allys as 6th squad member or as a forced ally in repeats.
    (Heck some repeats of same node might include addition prerequisites like "must use CUP" or "ugnaught must survive"...you get idea)

Now again these rewards are pure, just the aforementioned categories...and you must clear one each node (once) to gain access to next one. (Or not) This can be incorporated into the guilds by making reputation something accumulated by the guild to unlock the reward nodes, or boards and then individual players use ally points to do the individual nodes.

*shoot, the nodes unlocked by guild via reputation can be reset weekly, monthly etc, or different periods of time pending guild size*

Each board (maybe intro a intro board with just say 3 nodes so players under lv 85 can get a feel for the end game big boy board that you unlock at lv 85) is same as previous but gives a increased amount of payout/access to types of node rewards.

You could even introduce limited time event boards as well...where you can unlock unique characters! This will give f2p/p2p both a chance at new things. And these limited time event boards would feature refreshs, but limited amounts of them, giving p2p an edge. But slightly.

Just an expansion of OP'S idea! I love it! <3
    Post edited by Loose_Lee on
  • Options
    Agreed -

I'll use Empire Strikes Back as an example - Luke is on his way to Bespin and the Empire needs to get there first. Vader puts a contract out for a group of empire or bounty hunters to go there first, and fortify Bespin before the empire gets there.

Boba Fett is transporting Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt - he needs back-up. Help Boba fight his way across the galaxy to deliver Han to Jabba...

It doesn't need to be something in-between an actual event in the movies, just an idea.
  • SubzeeeDon
    736 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Kivoku wrote: »

This is a great idea and promotes experimentation for established players who are bored of regular arena --> GW --> raid. I love the idea of spreading it to arena situations as well. Examples could be "win a PVP match with Cad Bane as leader" or "prevent an enemy from reviving with Boba's Execute" or "lose a PVP match with one enemy remaining" (hard one).

GW examples could be "kill all enemies in a GW match without taking damage" or "kill at least 10 jedis in GW"

I think challenges should refresh on a daily basis, and like previously said, if you can't meet a challenge as you don't have the toon then you're SOL.

Oh the possibilities are endless! They could have some really creative assignments with very specific requirements. Some of the extremely harder ones could even make you lose rep (not a lot but some) if you fail. And as you said it includes experimenting with arena and GW if you want to complete the assignments. they could even tie jango fett as the unlock toon for reaching the highest tiers of rep
  • Options
    Keep it semi simple. The Battlefront idea was simple and it more or less overlapped regular game experience but forced you to do or play in a certain way.

Big problem is if it's anything like battlefront - newer players are going to get stuck unable to complete a lot of them, I'd say it should be lvl 85 and up, at least by then you probably have something like depth in your team (potentially)

I like it. It'll probably be more of a head ache for most people and too easy for established players.

TBH I think I'd rather see more options in current combat. Just a touch of tactics, maybe the battlefield scenes all have something you can interact with (like the rancor door control) IDK. Shoot X and a barrier pop up and a toon can use it for cover. I really don't know, but I wouldn't mind expanding on the battle experience before overlaying exterior things on how you do the battles.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    OK - so we have:

1.) Gotta have a table, just because. It can be only one table, that's cool with me but it would need to change daily - or have different tables with different contracts.
    2.) I really like the reputation idea, but it would need to tie-in somehow to the game. Maybe it can be guild related? Higher rep for players directly affects your guild, maybe the leaderboard somehow.
    3.) The reward base like Loose_Lee brought up is good. It allows you to get rewards as you progress through the board, to an ultimate reward.
    4.) The story line is what has me really drawn in. I love the fact that you may interact with a main character to get an assignment and have it tie-in to the board.
    5.) Refreshes being limited, time limits are good - makes people have to think fast - sometimes it's good, sometimes you make mistakes - could either win or lose the battle for you. I like this more I think about it.
    6.) Ultimate goal would need to be big, no doubt about it. No shards at all - full characters and if you already have that toon, you can trade it in at the shard shop or whatever.
    7.) The black market idea still has me going. A way to sell back or trade in what you've earned to get something better and better.

I like the fact that it will make players think outside of the box a little and force them to do things that may cause rep to increase - or fall depending on the decisions they make.
  • Options
    Keep it semi simple. The Battlefront idea was simple and it more or less overlapped regular game experience but forced you to do or play in a certain way.

Big problem is if it's anything like battlefront - newer players are going to get stuck unable to complete a lot of them, I'd say it should be lvl 85 and up, at least by then you probably have something like depth in your team (potentially)

I like it. It'll probably be more of a head ache for most people and too easy for established players.

TBH I think I'd rather see more options in current combat. Just a touch of tactics, maybe the battlefield scenes all have something you can interact with (like the rancor door control) IDK. Shoot X and a barrier pop up and a toon can use it for cover. I really don't know, but I wouldn't mind expanding on the battle experience before overlaying exterior things on how you do the battles.

At first, I was thinking the same thing about level 85, but then I was thinking that it may end up being a turn-off to see it completely locked until someone hits end game. I'm OK with it being unlocked that high and agree about roster depth.

And - I can completely agree about environmental interactions - it would make existing game play way more interesting.

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    Wow this is great discussion great ideas! Keep em rolling!
  • Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »

At first, I was thinking the same thing about level 85, but then I was thinking that it may end up being a turn-off to see it completely locked until someone hits end game. I'm OK with it being unlocked that high and agree about roster depth.

And - I can completely agree about environmental interactions - it would make existing game play way more interesting.

They could have it unlock at level 80. By the time people reach level 80 they've been playing for at least a while and have fairly deep rosters and access to Omega materials every day. That way it's still mostly end-game for those who have less to work up at, but not entirely locked to the last level.
  • Options
    Ok so board consists of 2-3 storys/bountys for each node that get you reputation upon completion. Accumulating this reputation is the currency you spend to play the reward challange nodes on the board.

(So the story/bounty missions are pre-requisite to playing the board.)

The key factor here is you can only do lets say 3 story/bountys daily to accumulate reputation ... and the nodes on the board are the reward you get access to for spending that reputation to unlock (largest reputation cost) and repeat daily (cost so you could repeat same node x3 per day [once its unlocked] for the node rewards i stated above) at increasing difficulty for each repeat. (This is where the player lv roster depth factors in) So only highly developed lv 85 players can hope to accumulate enough reputation to unlock a node (make that cost a whole days 3 story/bountys to unlock) and then repeat it subsequently.

That way at say lv 70 you should be able to do story/bountys for first node and unlock it. Then do it once , but its too hard to repeat on harder difficultys....this will allow you to accumulate reputation as you progress to lv cap so you can spend that reputation unlocking nodes once you think your strong enough. (Or lose it permanently if you fail).
  • Options
    Liking the merging of all our ideas so far sounds great :)
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The whole point of this is to give access to a limited, yet specific type of reward you need.
    And unparalleled challenges.

And simultaneously provide extra content, with kewl story/bounty missions (which can change and alternate) that give acces to this Super-Tough reward boards nodes, that get even more difficult each time you repeat it (up to 3 times) daily.

To add even more challenge some of these reward nodes can have specific requirements... like "must use CUP" or "ugnaught must survive" etc... you get the idea.

This is the challenge all the mega-whales have been yearing for. And the access to targeted rewards f2p has been begging for.
  • Options
    So I'm a little confused on the "reputation" aspect. Does reputation translate into individual and/or guild titles? Does it act as currency the same was GW/Arena tokens do? Or would it be only usable for unlocking other new node/level, as @Loose_Lee suggested?
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Reputation is just a form of currency from completing the (3) daily story/bounties that rotate.

This currency will be used to gain access to the rewards table where you can then (having enough reputation) can fight some of the most difficult battles to date!

(And get very kewl rewards)
  • Options
    These battles could also be another way to use your allys as a 5th member in battles that you NEED that 5th person....and have that 5th person assigned as part of the battles requirement....ie.."ugnaught must survive" and he is your 5th player.
  • Options
    Maybe the reputation could be currency. Say gain 300 rep and trade 200 for 10 p2p shards. Have a store where you can trade somebstuff. Perhaps we could trade a reward for more reputation to gain some rewards faster.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    I do like what you started here! <3

So theres 3 daily story/bounty missions that rotate daily. These give you reputation which you spend to unlock nodes on the following board, OR up to 3 plays on nodes you've unlocked on this board.

(Make these story/bountys accessable at say lv 65 so players can start gathering reputation)

So the board is setup like gw/ls/ds with different nodes increasing the payout as levels progress of the following... (brainstorming)

Board 1
    1.)Credits
    2.)Ship credits
    3.)Guild shop tokens
    4.)Ship shop tokens
    5.)Arena tokens
    6.)Galactic war tokens

Board 2
    7.)Shard shop tokens
    8.)Unobtainiums (maybe a low drop rate for a few pieces)
    9.)Ship hardware (you know its coming)
    10.)Gems! (A small amount)
    11.)Ally points
    12.)? Tba

Okay heres the kicker!
    You have 3 chances daily, pending reputation available (PERIOD) which node you clear is your choice, 3 different ones or same one. No refresh beyond 3. No retries. You lose, that is still one of your 3 tries gone. So access is limited by what you have in your roster, and NOBODY can do any node more than 3 times a day and those get harder for each daily repeat!

Now keep in mind this board is gonna be insanely difficult...even more so if you try to repeat a node. This board is designed with level caped players that have several teams g10+ in mind.

This also perfect way to make use of your allys as 6th squad member or as a forced ally in repeats.
    (Heck some repeats of same node might include addition prerequisites like "must use CUP" or "ugnaught must survive"...you get idea)

Now again these rewards are pure, just the aforementioned categories...and you must clear one each node (once) to gain acces to next one.

Each board (maybe intro a intro board with just say 3 nodes so players under lv 85 can get a feel for the end game big boy board that you unlock at lv 85) is same as previous but gives a increased amount of payout/access to types of node rewards.

You could even introduce limited time event boards as well...where you can unlock unique characters! This will give f2p/p2p both a chance at new things. And these limited time event boards would feature refreshs, but limited amounts of them, giving p2p an edge. But slightly.

Just an expansion of OP'S and others ideas! I love it! <3

• Options
    We NEED this.
    This sounds amazing.
  • Options
    I think rep would work better as unlocking higher tier of rewards rather then just A flat out currency. It makes it different from current game rewards where we battle and get flat currency for that game mode.
  • Options
    All i can sya is... FANTASTIC!!!!
  • Options
    Anyone think an endgame board with super challenging battles you can use allys on is something you want?
  • Options
    I like the concept of a bounty table. But I don't want it to be like the usual stages and three star etc there's already too much in the game of that (light side dark side cantina and mods).

It's fun and alleviates the credit and gear heist and is different form the usual battles in the game

This is such a good idea I can't believe it hasn't already been implemented. From a developer standpoint it requires almost no new content, but would bring excitement back to the existing game modes
  • Options
    Juntamae wrote: »

This is such a good idea I can't believe it hasn't already been implemented. From a developer standpoint it requires almost no new content, but would bring excitement back to the existing game modes

Thanks :) yh I really wish we get something like this. maybe unlock jango fett too aha
  • Options
    I don't get on the board much over the weekend, I check it out during work lol.

I was thinking. If you get an awesome reward, maybe it can benefit the entire guild somehow.

I'll explain. Say one of the rewards allows you to use gear you've already collected to build or create something. It could be like a trophy. Say it takes x amount of furnaces, y amount of bacta gel canisters, and you can create a bacta tank for the guild. It would be setup like a trophy though, so no real implementation, but the benefits of it would allow a certain percentage of heal over time during arena battles. Maybe it would allow you to have a 6th battle in a raid.

Another trophy could be Han Solo in carbonite, so on and so forth.

The kicker to the trophy is, its power depletes with time and you would need to sink resources into it to keep it going, or let it go and get a different trophy. This would be a perfect way to use the gear us upper level guys have no need for, plus it would allow guilds to be "modded" so to speak and give an edge.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    I would find it cool. I think it you should have a special objective for it and not like la, ds, and cantina tables but more like GW.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman