Arena-Team Rank 1-10

Hey guys, how does the team look like from a top ten arena player?

Replies

• Options
    Your team? Gonna need a little more info.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I think he want to ask what kind of heroes people use in Rank 1- 10.

• Options
    He didn't word it very well.
  • Options
    Thx song, that's my question
  • Options
    Every top team I fight has some combination of the following:
    Qui-Gon
    Leia
    Poe
    FOTP
    Old Ben
    Geo Soldier
    Darth Sidious
    Luminara
  • Options
    Poe, fotp, leia, lumi + phasma/QGJ/Sid lead
    Pretty much a variation of that or you can see a ben thrown in sometimes
  • Options
    If there's no poe then there will be no fotp just to point that out
  • Options
    Sid-poe-fotp/gs/qgj/poggle/lumi/daka

or

Phasma-Poe-fotp/sid/kylo/lumi/daka

These seem to be the main composition themes in my shard's top 10.
    So it usually is either an Sid led assist damage team or a phasma led bonus attack team.

The phasma teams tend to be more tanky and since everyone has Poe it seems like most people use lumi or daka as well to increase comeback chances in offense when rng is against you.
  • Options
    Phasma(L)
    Sid
    Darth Vader
    Kylo Ren
    Darth Maul

Never seen anyone else with the same combo, but I almost always end as no. 1 on my server. The sheer about of damage these heroes inflict together destroys any opposition. Love it ;)
  • Options
    DeusNonEst wrote: »
    Phasma(L)
    Sid
    Darth Vader
    Kylo Ren
    Darth Maul

Never seen anyone else with the same combo, but I almost always end as no. 1 on my server. The sheer about of damage these heroes inflict together destroys any opposition. Love it ;)

Your Darth Maul doesn't get railed? How does your team do on defense??
  • Options
    Ballcacks wrote: »
    If there's no poe then there will be no fotp just to point that out

Did you see a health bar of 7* FOTP? He has more health than some tanks, so he is capable to survive first round without problem.

If your health ability block doesn't land on him, he is healed and you are fu**ed.
  • Options
    He is fragile (as I think he should be with the damage he inflicts), but since PvP is run by the AI, the enemy rarely takes him out, before his first turn - even if they do, the rest of the bunch manage to win battles for me. I do slip to rank 10-15 sometimes, but I can quickly gain that at the end of the cycle. Of course may just be the (lack of) competition on my server, but never met someone I can't beat yet :)
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    lol Anyone seen some F2P in top 10? what is their lineup look like?

Im in 30-50 rank so i can't reach up to top 20..
    my server got the first Lv70 in 48hrs after the updated.. :)

• Options
    Song wrote: »

My first F2P team is DAKA - Poggle - Sidious - Luminara - Jedi Consular...

now farming for all droids combined with poggle and daka....

Some go for Droid teams...for F2P like us, you just need go for farmable heroes and ONE ONLY from cantina (took long to get it to 7*)....
  • Options

I run jc daka geo sold sid lum. All 7* now and I have hit the 1 spot many times and usually cash in in the top 10 everyday. Geo is a beast.
  • Options

I got to #2 as a F2P but my server is really easy. I use Lumi, Counsular, Fives, Sid, and Kylo (pulled him from a 350 chromium pack which I'm assuming was lucky.) Our #1 guy whale'd hard and is 69 when the rest of us are still mid to high 50s. I don't mind though since he friend requested me and his absurd characters have carried me through most high end missions haha.
  • Options

I've only been able to maintain number one once for rewards, but I'm usually in the top ten with no refreshes. I run Phasma, sid, lumi, and daka in most of my fights, alternating between JC, dooku, and geo for the last spot depending on who I'm fighting. My poe and fotp aren't yet ready for prime time but are coming along. I expect both to be nerfed right about when I get them usable.

The biggest thing is knowing the comps of who is in your group and knowing who you can beat reliably and who you have trouble with. I'm limited in characters being a mostly f2p player (have gotten the crystal subs in the past) so you really just need to stick to opponents who play to your characters strengths. Once you're in the top ten then it's really mostly hoping rng shines on you against some of the whale teams. The one time I hit number one I had the most amazing set of stuns against a nasty poe/fotp/geo team. My server isn't as bad as some of the others I've seen though, especially for a nov launch server, so that plays a part as well.
  • Options
    My shard has 1 shot team comps

Sid lead
    Poe
    Geo soldier//Rey
    FOTP
    QGJ

Matches are over in under a min. It usually is a matter of who's Poe goes first. QGJ with assist you lose a toon, geo assist you lose a toon. FOTP shoots lose a toon. Everyonce in a good while AI Poe doesn't taunt on first turn. Still a hard match but I lol when AI Poe forgets how to Put the OP in Poe. Phasma I see here and there in top 10. But honestly I relish when I see her, slow and easily spiked. Sid lead with crits and his speed are too good not to have. You will know what I mean when Rey crits her first attack on your toon is dead. Even better when crits while assist with QGJ, I've seen huge damage on top of his.

• Options
    On my leaderboard it's actually pretty diverse aside from leadership with 90% using Sid as leader and the other 10% using Bariss. Hardly ever see a Phasma leader anymore... ever.

Each team is usually pretty different. A couple people are starting to push towards the meta now with all the one hit wonder toons which is a little disappointing as matches are a coin flip and over too fast when they are introduced. Poe or no poe... Doesn't matter. It's a dice roll. I had a non-poe team destroy my poe team using big hitters in less than 45 seconds only to turn around the next match against them and beat them in almost 2 minutes (yes, my Poe took TWO minutes and their non-Poe team smashed mine in 45 seconds).

• Options
    I am a F2P player, only thing I bought was Dooku.

My team has been rank 3 and I finish top 15 everyday.

My team is 7* Lumi, JC, Sid, IG-86 and a 4* Dooku.
  • Options
    On my leaderboard it's actually pretty diverse aside from leadership with 90% using Sid as leader and the other 10% using Bariss. Hardly ever see a Phasma leader anymore... ever.

Each team is usually pretty different. A couple people are starting to push towards the meta now with all the one hit wonder toons which is a little disappointing as matches are a coin flip and over too fast when they are introduced. Poe or no poe... Doesn't matter. It's a dice roll. I had a non-poe team destroy my poe team using big hitters in less than 45 seconds only to turn around the next match against them and beat them in almost 2 minutes (yes, my Poe took TWO minutes and their non-Poe team smashed mine in 45 seconds).

Yup I feel ya, my server is becoming this more and more, this game's competitive side will quickly get boring and make a whole lot of players quit if nothing soon changes
  • hotdogreen
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I use:

Phasma (Leader)
    FOTP
    Lumi
    Poe
    Qui Gon...

placed #1 serveral times....

Best moment is when QGJ attacks + calls FOTP as assist with 75% more damage + Phasma ability calls lumi ^^ Haven't seen any hero surviving this ^^
  • Options
    I use Phasma (L), Sid, Poe, FOTP, kylo
  • Options
    I finish in the top 3 usually, most of the time at #1.

6* HK-47
    7* IG-88
    7* IG-86
    7* Poe
    7* Poggle

The guy who beat me out of #1 today had a well synergized squad that was trickier than anything else I have faced.

QGJ (Lead)
    Old Ben
    Poe
    Tie Pilot
    Rey

Even if my Poe went first, I would only get to use Poggles buff before the other team started attacking, and the AI plays it real smart as well. QGJ clearing my Poe's taunt every time.

I figure the only way to reliably beat it is to use Poggles basic to try and ability block Old Ben or QGJ at the start.
  • Options
    Two quick questions:

1) Can't Mace also clear Poe's taunt? (if Yes, then why isn't he used more - just because he's not as farmable?)

2) Is there a reason Chewie doesn't get used as a "poor-man" Poe? He taunts too.

Thanks!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*