AAT Score - Phase 1

Versatti
241 posts Member
edited January 2017
The recent rework of Tier 6 AAT has unbalanced the obtainable scores between phases and this needs to be addressed.

At present Phase 1 requires more resource and offers the least reward vs Phases 2 and 4. For example you can send 5 teams in to Phase 1 and achieve 1.5mil score vs Gen Grievous. Phase 2 you can send in 1 Jawa/Droid squad and score several million.

This effectively means that if you sit back and wait for Phase 2 you can rack up your score with minimal effort.

To address this I'd like to suggest that the attainable score in Phase 1 is trippled.

Has anybody else found this to be a problem?

Replies

• Options
    Yeah my guild has the same problem - we normally launch a raid a couple hours before the reset so that everyone can go and score in p1 and then roster is refreshed so no one misses out on p2/4. Otherwise people would just sit back until grievous was killed
  • Options
    Versatti wrote: »
    The recent rework of Tier 6 AAT has unbalanced the obtainable scores between phases and this needs to be addressed.

At present Phase 1 requires more resource and offers the least reward vs Phases 2 and 4. For example you can send 5 teams in to Phase 1 and achieve 1.5mil score vs Gen Grievous. Phase 2 you can send in 1 Jawa/Droid squad and score several million.

This effectively means that if you sit back and wait for Phase 2 you can rack up your score with minimal effort.

To address this I'd like to suggest that the attainable score in Phase 1 is trippled.

Has anybody else found this to be a problem?

Yes, for phase 1 only though. Moving forward, big picture imagine doing 50 percent of p1 with one team and getting 2 mil damage. Then doing 50 percent of p-2 and getting 8 mil. It's like why even try on p-1. I think they did this though so teams could use p-1 as a bit of a registration period.
  • Options
    This is an issue on my guild as well. P2 is a breeze and P4 is a Joke. While P1 and P3 you really need to work at it. What we are doing is lunching 2 hours before reset, but P2 and P4 don't last long at all.
  • Options
    The guild I'm in takes 10-12 hours to clear phase 1 and then phases 2 thru 4 only takes 2 to 4 hours. This is partly due to people not wanting to commit many teams to phase 1 knowing they will score much lower than those that save their best teams for phase 2 & 4.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    if p1 was the easy phase like in the rancor raid, it would be easier to "manage".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It was made so guilds would throw a squad at each phase not have people go b@lls deep on only 1 phase for rewards. I'd suggest sorting your members out.
  • Options
    We found a solution for this. We basically have p1 and p3 free for all and unrestricted, and we limit p2 and p4 to one attack in each... So if you don't go in p1 or p3, you're losing potential damage. We found this method to work great as it actually forces people to participate in p1 and p3.
  • Options
    Zipped wrote: »
    It was made so guilds would throw a squad at each phase not have people go b@lls deep on only 1 phase for rewards. I'd suggest sorting your members out.

^ this

It's a team raid. If members are holding off to do higher dmg in easier phase that's reward poaching

Warn then boot

Or boot then warn I dunno
  • Options
    Make phase 2,4 harder.
    For the people in your guild who wait for phase 2; that's just selfish. Maybe the leader needs to deal wth that.
    Phase 1 is possible to get high scores. Just need certain characters with a solid strategy.
    Once you get into heroic you shouldn't have this problem if you have everybody do 1 attack per phase
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    We found a solution for this. We basically have p1 and p3 free for all and unrestricted, and we limit p2 and p4 to one attack in each... So if you don't go in p1 or p3, you're losing potential damage. We found this method to work great as it actually forces people to participate in p1 and p3.

but p4 can be done by just 2 players (50% each) who happen to be online at the time, getting #1 and #2 with ease. even if you didnt attack at all in p1, p2 and p3 you're probably in the top5. Being online at the right time is mega rewarding in the current nAAT.
  • Options
    Yep... The early bird gets the worm... It pays to be alert... But p4 will accommodate as many people as you can throw at it, as long as they all get in, in time...
    @leef
    leef wrote: »

but p4 can be done by just 2 players (50% each) who happen to be online at the time, getting #1 and #2 with ease. even if you didnt attack at all in p1, p2 and p3 you're probably in the top5. Being online at the right time is mega rewarding in the current nAAT.

• Options
    Some good suggestions here. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    The thing is that we shouldn't come up with ridiculous solutions for a problem that has been known since the first Raid was released.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yep... The early bird gets the worm... It pays to be alert... But p4 will accommodate as many people as you can throw at it, as long as they all get in, in time...
    @leef
    leef wrote: »

yea i know, but the phase is usually over within a 30minute window. I would have loved it if p4 was actually p1. Being online at a set time is just easier than having to check the raid's progress every 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Naw wrote: »
    The thing is that we shouldn't come up with ridiculous solutions for a problem that has been known since the first Raid was released.

It's actually not a solution the raid is designed for a player to throw in 4 teams one per phase

The solution is doing that the workaround when your guys don't have enough teams is to do it a different way
  • Options
    My guild is simple. Everyone attacks only once in each phase and if they attack more than once then warning and then boot. Our HAAT raids last maybe two hours so no time to retreat if rng is not on your side.
  • Options
    When we launch our AAT we do P1 free for all and no attacks on P2 until a designated time the next day. Then we Free For All P2 and the rest. we had the same issue of P1 taking 8+ hours. Doing a P1 only similar to zero damage Rancor period has been a great change for our guild. P1 now takes less than an hour and we don't have to regulate the raid every hour to see who has hit out of turn.
  • Options
    @warmonkey how do you make sure that each of guild member attacked the raid? You have some 0 dmg delay or it's fine for you if 15 out of 50 people cannot participate?
  • Options
    When we launch our AAT we do P1 free for all and no attacks on P2 until a designated time the next day. Then we Free For All P2 and the rest. we had the same issue of P1 taking 8+ hours. Doing a P1 only similar to zero damage Rancor period has been a great change for our guild. P1 now takes less than an hour and we don't have to regulate the raid every hour to see who has hit out of turn.

This sounds like the best solution for my guild. B)

• Options
    @Lossberg Today we are doing HAAT at 12:30 EST. It has been opened for zero damage attacks since yesterday night in case someone is afraid they will miss it. If they know they will miss it they just tag one of us officers so we know what's up.

Hasn't happened in a long time but we have found people who broke these simple rules a couple times so we had to boot.