Shoretrooper 3* vs 4*

I just got Shoretrooper at 3* and I have heard he is viable at 4*. Honestly I dont understand how a 3* is not viable if 4* is. Seems like gear and mods make a much bigger impact than 1 star level. Can anyone tell me if they have a 3* that is working for them or if I really need to bite the bullet and take him to 4*.

completely f2p so 4* is as high as I am willing to take him.

Replies

• Options
    fuhgawz wrote: »
    I just got Shoretrooper at 3* and I have heard he is viable at 4*. Honestly I dont understand how a 3* is not viable if 4* is. Seems like gear and mods make a much bigger impact than 1 star level. Can anyone tell me if they have a 3* that is working for them or if I really need to bite the bullet and take him to 4*.

completely f2p so 4* is as high as I am willing to take him.

3* ahould be fine. Mine is 4 but I dont think 1 star will affect it that much
  • Options
    Thanks, my arena has palps, vader, tfp, and bob all gear 10-11 and they are really hurting with STHan tanking. I figured the auto taunt... even if it only absorbs 1 attack, is an improvment... ill probably wait till gear 8-9 before I stick him in though @DanTastix_1
  • TemperTantrumRen
    407 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I got mine to 4* for the hell of it. We're talking a few extra thousand hitpoints and protection.

I didn't add mine to my arena team until I got him to G10.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    Ahh definitely G9 for him to survive the wiggdo opening triple..!

“Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • Options
    @TemperTantrumRen so you think 3* will be fine as long as I get him geared up a bit?
  • Options
    I have a G 10 and with 60k HP after the wiggs triple there is not much green left..!
  • Options
    what Star level is yours @The_Atomik_Robot?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    g11 3* here, i'm not paying 640 crystals to get him to 4*. 95k HP, what else do you need?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    @leef thank you very much my friend. Where do you rank in arena?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @leef thank you very much my friend. Where do you rank in arena?

https://swgoh.gg/u/leef/ (februari leaderboard)
  • Options
    I used mine at 3 star.
    Geared and just protection mods. He will last the wiggs combo but will die after that. By then you should be able to win.
    Mine is now 4 star and he gets to do his special move now. So there is a difference.
  • Options
    @TemperTantrumRen so you think 3* will be fine as long as I get him geared up a bit?

Yeah, he's viable at 3* and capable of soaking up the initial Wiggs triple attack. For him, gear level and the right mods are more critical to his survival.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    bngman wrote: »
    I used mine at 3 star.
    Geared and just protection mods. He will last the wiggs combo but will die after that. By then you should be able to win.
    Mine is now 4 star and he gets to do his special move now. So there is a difference.

no offence, but i don't think that the extra star is making the difference. swgoh.gg used to have detailed stats for each star amount. The difference between 3* and 4* was very, very small.
  • Options
    what Star level is yours @The_Atomik_Robot?

I currently have him at 5*, he has assures me a top spot in Arena ever since I unlocked him..!
    I am sure he'll be fine at 3* just Gear him up and Mod him how you please, this is how I have my Shorey set-up:

General
    28725. Health
    49588. Protection
    187. Speed
    150% Critical Damage
    65.01% Potency
    41.54% Tenacity
    10% Health Steal

Peace ✌
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/vessaharja/

G10 shore and can survive wiggs and more. Is awesome at 3*. Just achieved my best arena rank to date.