Best Zeta Ability?

Looking to farm zeta ability material and wondering what everyone's opinion is on the best character to use it on??

Replies

• Options
    Zariss
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a "best" zeta. IMO Uniques tend to be a little better then leads because a unique moves with a character where as a lead you have to use that lead to use the zeta.

It all comes down to what team you are using or want to use and where.
  • Options
    Would be nice if they droped. Havent any in 6 attempts.
  • Options
    How is Jyn? I have her and I'm considering her lead with Chaze and Wiggs. I've heard a she sucks in PVP though.
  • Options
    Zariss

^
    Barris is never a bad option,it seems like an all around toon even with that bug fix. It would make Barris a soft tank, but even then, you can find a taunter to increase survivability.

But choosing who to zeta really depends on your arena team and who you have. Like there would be no point running a QGJ Zeta with a rebel team for example.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you are not in need to do it now, I would wait and see what others in your shard do. A lot of the zetas are a counter to another....so may want to see if you need it to be something specific.

Zarriss is going to be my second, or maybe boba.
  • Options
    I'm seeing that zader is making rancor look like a care bear. If you are more arena focused, Zarriss or ZQGJ, imo.
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    I'm seeing that zader is making rancor look like a care bear. If you are more arena focused, Zarriss or ZQGJ, imo.

Zader may be fun for the rancor raid, but there are many many non zetas that destroy the rancor.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Zader may be fun for the rancor raid, but there are many many non zetas that destroy the rancor.

+1
  • Options
    Of the characters I have available to me, my chosen Zeet would be Finn as I farmed Resistance from day one & looks pretty dang brutal on Offence.
  • Options
    IMO, Zoda, Zader, Zaul, ZGJ and Zarriss all have the best Zetas in the game. The depth they give their teams is huge across the entire platform.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Thanaton wrote: »
    Of the characters I have available to me, my chosen Zeet would be Finn as I farmed Resistance from day one & looks pretty dang brutal on Offence.

And blows on Defense. ;)

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Best overall use is probably Zader. Rancor and tank uses, as well as arena offense viability. Additionally, he can shine without the use of chaze or Kenobi.

Specific zetas:
    Arena - maul
    Rancor - Zader
    Tank - Cody/Zader
    Gw - Zinn/maul
    Overall usefulness - Zader
  • Options
    Thanaton wrote: »

And blows on Defense. ;)

Everything blows on defense.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Zader has most usefulness overall in all aspects of game.

There plenty more zetas to be released in the future though, so i would recommend zeta vader 1st. Then start banking zetas at least till deathtrooper/krennic happen.

Unless you already have a team that is geared up and will directly benifit from another zeta, i think being ready for the next round of zeta abilities is best option.

This game is about the long haul, and instant gratification has always been .... a slippery slope in this game. #leavezarrissalone!
  • Options
    Well ive got 15/20 and i when ive got it, then i will wait a week and see whats comming.. If not, then ill spwnd it on maul, cuz he goes crazy with palps.. Shore,b2 and tfp
  • Options
    No love for boba zeta here? I used my first on him and arena is great with him (plus GW but that doesn't really matter). Also, he's an excellent counter to chirrut. I haven't lost to a chirrut team when on offense since zetaing boba. And as its a unique, he can be used in all sorts of teams. Like some people above said, it depends on your team needs and who you face.
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    No love for boba zeta here? I used my first on him and arena is great with him (plus GW but that doesn't really matter). Also, he's an excellent counter to chirrut. I haven't lost to a chirrut team when on offense since zetaing boba. And as its a unique, he can be used in all sorts of teams. Like some people above said, it depends on your team needs and who you face.

Boba zeta is great, anything adding survivability is great in my book. However, I have faced a couple of them and they have never gotten to use the zeta, he is typically my first target.
  • Options

I run chaze and wiggs with Zeta boba. Deadly combo
  • Options
    Best overall use is probably Zader. Rancor and tank uses, as well as arena offense viability. Additionally, he can shine without the use of chaze or Kenobi.

Specific zetas:
    Arena - maul
    Rancor - Zader
    Tank - Cody/Zader
    Gw - Zinn/maul

Cody for GW. I have a couple of guildmates with it, and they're showing up in node 12 with 90% protection.
  • Options

Specific zetas:
    Arena - maul
    Rancor - Zader
    Tank - Cody/Zader
    Gw - Zinn/maul

Cody for GW. I have a couple of guildmates with it, and they're showing up in node 12 with 90% protection.

Fair enough. Figured I'd label maul and zinn as gw champions due to the lower rate of difficult characters (previous chromium exclusive) needed to make them tick. Maul is the only shipments only character needed for his team and Rt and Rey are the only hard mode only required for zinn.
    Zader also works wonders in gw (especially if chaze/zarriss otherwise prove problematic). I could even see qgj really plowing gw effectively.

I think most zetas tend to rip gw apart, just in different ways.
  • Options
    I have boba, maul, and bariss now and enjoy all three.
  • Options
    A lot of people are talking about rancor for zVader, but he's also useful in hAAT raid as well. There was a video posted on here, not long ago, of around 1.3m dmg.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Specific zetas:
    Arena - maul
    Rancor - Zader
    Tank - Cody/Zader
    Gw - Zinn/maul

Fair enough. Figured I'd label maul and zinn as gw champions due to the lower rate of difficult characters (previous chromium exclusive) needed to make them tick. Maul is the only shipments only character needed for his team and Rt and Rey are the only hard mode only required for zinn.
    Zader also works wonders in gw (especially if chaze/zarriss otherwise prove problematic). I could even see qgj really plowing gw effectively.

I think most zetas tend to rip gw apart, just in different ways.

One guy Zeta'd finn and his resistance team didn't even take a hit until node 11. I think Resistance teams under finn zeta can also rival or even overtake clones in p2 heroic AAT in damage so theres that. They won't be great in arena defense because it takes too much thinking to actually target people with exposes, unless your AI gets the best RNG or your shardmates underestimate it.
  • Options
    Predian wrote: »
    I have boba, maul, and bariss now and enjoy all three.

I have Boba and Maul and leaning towards Barris next.

You use these in the same group?

I am pushing towards Zaul, Zoba, Zarris, Palp, Kenobi