My squad sucks :(

Hey guys I'm new to this forum so sorry if I get something wrong haha. my squad is 6 star Sid 4* dooku,Vader,windu,Jedi consular. I'm getting crushed down the rankings atm and can't get far in gw. I have 4* luke,phasma,fives,ospress,leia and old Ben I could use is there anyone I should farm etc? Thanks

Replies

• Options
    How about your team gear level? The gear affect your team power greatly rather than level and star
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • Options
    Sid and dooku are 6 the rest are 5 :/ thanks for the reply
  • Options
    You have great toons, you just matched them wrong.
    If I were you I would do like that:

COMP 1 - Sid, Opress (leader), Dooku, Vader, JC
    COMP 2 - Phasma (leader), Luke, Leia, Fives, JC
    COMP 3 - Sid, JC, Luke or Leia, Fives, Phasma(leader)

And go farm Lumi! Right now!
  • Options
    Will do I'm only 20 shards off her :) thanks for the advice anyone else I should farm?
  • Options
    Lumi is a awesome damage dealer & healer... & leader. :wink:

I can suggest GS (geonosian Soldier) as a super damage dealer... He/she/it can do double attacks almost every other round as well as gains turn bonuses on crits. Very good toon!
  • Options
    I've got GS but it's only 2* awesome tips guys keep them coming haha
  • Options
    I'm new too so you can have my two cents if you want ;)
    Basically I think u have the great toons, but just the wrong team.
    Mate something like sid(lead), Luke (for the added crit from sid and mad damage), dooku, fives and leia.
    Or u could throw in phasma as lead (if her leader ability is high enough)
    Furthermore defineltly farm luminara using GW shipments (she's amazing - gear and star her up ASAP)

I'm not a fan of JC. Sure he's farmable and an early character and easier to hear maybe, but he's squishy, his heal isn't great, and his special isn't really that special.
    I really like Luke so in farming him in cantina an using cantina tokens for daka.

Daka I've heard is amazing with her revive and stun lock capabilities, so that's another option
    Or u could go for geo Soldier (but who wants him really ;) he's good but , come one, he's a geonosian -__-

And continue to farm sid in arena

If you're having trouble farming, use 1 cantina and 1 normal refresh. If your arena ranking good, try for 2 each. That gives you plenty sim tickets to farm gear/characters .

Just my two cents :)
  • Options
    Forgot you had old Ben too, maybe try sid, Ben, Luke or leia, 5s or dooku. Mix and match and experiment . But when u get lumi gear her and throw her in
  • Options
    Nice advice mate :) I should get lumi by the end of the day and I'll work on luke etc haha you think the same as I do about gs
  • Options
    No worries lol. For the record your squad is better then mine (I currently run 4*lumi soon to b gear7 and 5*, 4* sid, 4* Luke, 4*talia(will replace with daka) and 3*chewie (thinking of maybe han as a replacement).
    And I've been Galatic war 3/5 times, and am just outside top50 in arena.

I guess I'm just lucky ;)
  • Options
    Haha I'm just trying to work out who's decent and who's not tbh takes so long to get good characters haha
  • Options
    You're doing great. You're in good hands with these replies.

This one in particular is exactly how I build my heroes
    How about your team gear level? The gear affect your team power greatly rather than level and star

Gear. That's where most of my refills go...farming gear for the heroes I have. :)

• Options
    Yeah I'm getting my characters geared up atm would you guys max luke?
  • Options
    I got Luke to 4* before I switched over to Geonosian Soldier. GS has been way better for me at 4* with the assist and offense up.

• Options
    I suggest you get another squad . Replace your ewoks with something better
  • Options
    I suggest you get another squad . Replace your ewoks with something better

And this is refreshingly helpful to the OP....thank you for your insight.

On another note, maybe not fully max Luke. His drop rate seems to be terrible for me (1-2 shard per 120 cantina energy) so would take forever. Yh you could go for GS, he's better in all aspects and easier to farm probably, but I would never have GS in my team, because he's GS lol
    Tbh it's up to u. If you're going for pure wins then GS is probably the way to go. If you're looking to win/have fun, choose whoever you like
  • Options
    I like Luke so will continue to farm him until I can get kylo or someone like that
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Geo is extremely underrated, he hits hard, his special goes every other turn if you have the mats, that hard hit with an assist is great at taking out a Poe, Chewbaca, STHan or whoever else taunts like them
  • Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    Geo is extremely underrated, he hits hard, his special goes every other turn if you have the mats, that hard hit with an assist is great at taking out a Poe, Chewbaca, STHan or whoever else taunts like them

I think geo is actually highly rated in these forums :)
  • Options
    You need to focus on gearing up what you have. It adds speed, health, and hit power. Level up the abilities as well. For GW level up JC heal the 3 cooldown comes in very handy.

I'd be going Lumi in GW heavily.

You have good toons it is just getting them geared. When I was going to gear 7 I'd focus 1 toon at a time rather than spreading it.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma lead, Dooku, Luminara, Ben, Sidious. This team will easily take you to top 50.

Ignore Leia unless you plan to spend a couple thousand on chromium to star her up. Ben is ok at 4* because he's mainly used for his debuffs. His damage is meh.
  • Options
    Oootini wrote: »
    RU486 wrote: »

I think geo is one guy actually highly rated in these forums :)

Absolutely. Personally working towards a squad that would have all of Poggle, GS, IG86 as well as the more usual suspects.
  • Options
    Cheers guys now got lumi so levelling her up and levelling Sid atm
  • Options
    I've got a decent windu is he worth using?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Not much. Maybe after patch if they buff him
  • Options
    Ok btw any idea when that patch is haha
  • Options
    Hey guys thought I would give you an update I've got 3* lumi to nearly gear lvl 6 but I also have a 3* nearly 4* qui gon and I'm currently farming Poe ATM my squad is sid leader dooku windu qui gon lumi
  • Options
    I'd say take out Windu and either put in Old Ben or put Phasma in as leader
  • Options
    You need to choose between poe ad QgJ as cantina token things are quite hard to obtain and you don't want to spread then out too much. Atm wth the way everything is going, Poe will e needed for higher levels. But Qgj is awesome end game too. I'm personally doing QGJ over Poe because he's Qui gon and I like him lol
    But ya take out windu from your team ATM (at least until the update)
    ajmiller wrote: »
    I'd say take out Windu and either put in Old Ben or put Phasma in as leader

^