UK crystal prices

Was going to buy crystals today but I noticed the chest had gone from £14.99 to £19.99. What's with the unannounced 33% increase?

Replies

• Options
    Apple.
  • Options
    They are still £14.99 for me. Im Android, are you on apple?
  • Options
    Since i only see UK players claiming prices are going up in online game purchases and steam, my guess would be is that company's are adjusting the pricing in accordance to the British pound value, which after Brexit has plummeted to an all time low.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ledinis wrote: »
    Since i only see UK players claiming prices are going up in online game purchases and steam, my guess would be is that company's are adjusting the pricing in accordance to the British pound value, which after Brexit has plummeted to an all time low.

Yes. Good observation. It's ALL in the news for a week now. Most companies have already done such even prior to Apple. Google, as always, will follow suit.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/17/apple-ios-mac-app-store-prices-rise-25-per-cent-following-brexit
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Hadhafang
    29 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes the pound has dropped but putting prices up by 30% is excessive . UK players are paying 124 Usd for a vault which cost USA players 99 USD .
    It's just the feeling of being ripped off which puts your nose out of joint . Think a lot of UK players will now seriously consider how much they are willing to pay now ( I know I am ) .
  • Options
    Hadhafang wrote: »
    Yes the pound has dropped but putting prices up by 30% is excessive . UK players are paying 124 Usd for a vault which cost USA players 99 USD .
    It's just the feeling of being ripped off which puts your nose out of joint . Think a lot of UK players will now seriously consider how much they are willing to pay now ( I know I am ) .

Agreed. I was planning to buy a furnace and a set of cuffs to take Maul up a gear level but I reconsidered due to the pricing change.