Sun Fac - still relevant?

I have a 4* Sun Fac at low level with blue gear. Got him months ago when he wasn't farmable so I left him behind. I was hoping to get his ship for the Tarkin challenge as another step towards zeta mats, but is the character himself still useful? I hardly see him in arena anymore.

Replies

• Options
    I'd say yes. Counter + dispel on basic is a neat combo. Plus he's tough as all hell.

I throw him into my arena team occasionally when I need to abuse the above mentioned qualities (i.e. dispelling a taunt through counter attacks).

Certainly depends on your arena shard etc. etc.

I like him anyway and don't regret farming or gearing him.
  • Options
    Wondering this too
  • Options
    There are a bunch in my shard. He is a pain to deal with and I don't even run a squad that needs to stack buffs. I am working on him right now to replace my B2.
  • Tachycardia
    201 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I run him in my arena with Lando, Biggs, and Baze. Works well.

His ship starts on my arena team there too.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm in a December 2015 shard and only a select few can beat my team. Sun fac is core part of my team and He is a huge reason why my team is great. High tenacity is a must
  • Options
    Yes he's still worth it ... even if only for his ship, which is excellent. I use his ship (with Fac himself at gear 8) in Fleet Arena and regularly stay in the top 10, sometimes getting first.
  • Options
    Him and shore or him and baze -> never touching a team like that. 2 x 60k tanks is madness.
  • Options
    B2 is much better imo. He's very good in ships tho
  • Options
    Lost power in arena due to most powerful tanks like Shore and Baze, but is very useful still, mainly in p3 of HAAT.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    B2 is better against shore, chaze, etc, pretty much all taunters.

Sun Fac sucks on defense, he's no threat if you have B2.

Just get him for the ship or if you need a tank.
  • Options
    If you can't get Baze(even at 3-4*) seems like SF is the poor mans version. Or even Shore&B2 could do the job; but for f2p probably top tank
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Don't see many people use him, but he is incredibly easy to farm in ship shipments. Right now I have 4 shards of him 3 times so I could get 12 shards total in 1 go if I was farming him, and he pops up all the time in there. It's crazy.
  • Options
    Right now I am working up SF to replace B2 in my squad. I figured him having a taunt as opposed to B2 not having one would be better. And when I fight teams with a SF he is a pain to deal with. I run EP (L), Boba, ShT, TFP and B2. Should I just focus on gearing up B2 instead?
  • Options
    I don't use him in arena but his ship is one of the best. Also he helps out a lot in galactic war.
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    He's still viable. Can have crazy high protection and health but that basic dispel is his gift these days. Kills the auto taunt toons as soon as he takes a hit.

Edit: I meant kills the taunt, not the toons themselves.
  • Options
    After I benched Lando, going against SF is nothing. You just single target everything and kill a few toons before SF gets his taunt up. Everyone focuses on protection so everyone else has 2-3 rounds before he budges. If he gets ability blocked he's pretty much useless on D.

Offense, good against AOE but B2 is better in every way unless you aren't running another taunter.

He's useful overall though, P3, ships and against a few arena teams.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Focus on B2. Sun Fac is slow, useless, and is a gear suck.
  • Thanaton
    166 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I like SF. He's very useful to me at my Lvl.
    Tanky dispeller with a counter bides me well in GW & certain Arena teams.
    Sure, B2 is considered better for a few similar purposes but if you don't have him yet, I'd personally think SF is fine until you do.

EDIT: Yeah, he's relevant to me.
  • Options
    Thanaton wrote: »
    I like SF. He's very useful to me at my Lvl.
    Tanky dispeller with a counter bides me well in GW & certain Arena teams.
    Sure, B2 is considered better for a few similar purposes but if you don't have him yet, I'd personally think SF is fine until you do.

EDIT: Yeah, he's relevant to me.
    What is your level?
  • Options
    Simple answer: No.
  • Options
    Is Sun Fac Relevant? I guess a better question is do you have a lot of Vader/Palp leads on your shard with Baze or Shoretrooper, Boba, TIE, or B2? If so, team that eats them for lunch is Rex lead with Baze, Sun Fac, and Wiggs. So yes, Sun Fac is still relevant....
  • Options
    B2 is better but I'm putting the finishing touches on Fun Sac now. Just need 30 more stun guns to g11.

He is the worst toon I've ever had to gear