Devs: game mechanics are broken please fix!

I don't remember ever playing a turn based game like this that didn't have the option of instead of attacking being able to choose defend/block. It is a critical option for strategy especially with players who favor tanks and healers. Sometimes I want to have someone defend so I can basically skip their turn instead of killing the last opponent so I can heal. Or sometimes I want someone to block to receive 50% damage so boba doesn't kill them and regain bounty hunters resolve. You are alienating the users who play heal first over dps. You give the support characters all the love with all the buffs/debuffs now but nothing for the healers.

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I agree that the balance in this game is wonky, so healers are virtually useless. Arena is all about burst damage so healers have no place there, and I used to find them useful in galactic war, but some characters have so much self healing that you don't even need a healer in there now. I wish arena was lengthened out a bit as it would make it less dependent on RNG, and also add some strategy so it wasn't such a zerg fest.

Maybe, if some of the support abilities such as buffs were more attached to healers then it would even things out a bit, but that is not really possible at this point to change so much.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    I agree that the balance in this game is wonky, so healers are virtually useless. Arena is all about burst damage so healers have no place there, and I used to find them useful in galactic war, but some characters have so much self healing that you don't even need a healer in there now. I wish arena was lengthened out a bit as it would make it less dependent on RNG, and also add some strategy so it wasn't such a zerg fest.

Maybe, if some of the support abilities such as buffs were more attached to healers then it would even things out a bit, but that is not really possible at this point to change so much.

I agree , but Zarriss would like to have a word with you about this. They made healers useless when protection came out and they are just starting to fix this with Zetas. With the time limit I don't think we want healers good enough for arena...

I don't remember ever playing a turn based game like this that didn't have the option of instead of attacking being able to choose defend/block. It is a critical option for strategy especially with players who favor tanks and healers. Sometimes I want to have someone defend so I can basically skip their turn instead of killing the last opponent so I can heal. Or sometimes I want someone to block to receive 50% damage so boba doesn't kill them and regain bounty hunters resolve. You are alienating the users who play heal first over dps. You give the support characters all the love with all the buffs/debuffs now but nothing for the healers.

One issue with options like this in this game is that it starts to make Some skills useless. Why attack a taunting STH when you can take 50% less damage and let lando go next? why attack a healthy 5s with an almost dead wedge when you can skip and Triple strike with biggs? This would allow people to skirt the advantage these toons offer this would make them less useful and reduce variety.

maybe in GW but never in arena
  • Options
    No way, it will require a big changes in game mechanics
This discussion has been closed.