Fix zeta drop rate

Prev13
RealHanSolo
447 posts Member
edited January 2017
I'm not spending another dime on this game until the drop rate for Zetas is fixed. I'm 0 for the last 6 attempts and 2 out of the past 16 attempts. Something is materially broken with the drop rate at this point.
Post edited by Mageduckey on

Replies

• Options
    i'm like 1 for 6. it is terrible.
  • Options
    I didn't know this, but it's awful I mean you need five star ships plus another eight to access AND try to be in META and now it has a horrible drop rate.
  • Options
    I'm not spending another dime on this game until the drop rate for Zetas is fixed. I'm 0 for the last 6 attempts and 2 out of the past 16 attempts. Something is materially broken with the drop rate at this point.

I have experienced about same drop rate for cuffs and scanners from time to time, yet those gear are not as game changing as one random zeta ability applied to a toon. I am just sincere here, and it is a frustrating answer, but.....the RNG God lives... :neutral:

I'm not to the point yet where I can even attempt a zeta battle, so my prescription to cure this issue is to: 1.) Purchase a $400 bottle of properly hyped and trendy scotch\vodka. 2.) Smash bottle upon your own kneecap with ferocity. 3.) No more zeta frustration!

Plus you now have a bottle of happy pills from the hospital instead of another day reminiscing about the good old days of Dooku and OBK meta. Unless EA/CG seriously review their priorities about where the game has gone and will go during 2017, I dunno if you'll be very happy for some time, man. :(

On the bright side, we get ships Hardware soon! Yay.....
    bout copy to hurt the same, but different rankings, lead to copy reward income decrease, I want to ask, what is the ranking mechanism under? It's not fair! Hope the official modification!
  • Options
    not enough data bud

i've went 0/8... then 4/4.... then 0/8 again...

4/20 is still 20%... not bad if you ask me.

and i'm pretty sure my drop rate since the start is around and/or better then that.

complain once you have 6 months of data.
  • RealHanSolo
    447 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    not enough data bud

and i'm pretty sure my drop rate since the start is around and/or better then that.

Your account is just more proof something is broken. A challenge that requires the investment is does to unlock should not be dropping at 15% or less for a single piece of which you need 20, that's absolutely absurd. Especially when you only get 6 attempts per week.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Between most of my clan and I, we can tell that the drop rates are pretty sketchy relative to the investment required to unlock the event. Because of the investment required we should be guaranteed at least one per attempt with the reduced probability for maybe 2 per attempt.
  • Options
    zeta's are he epitome of abilities

it should be a grind to acquire them.

imo...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

imo...

I think you're using "epitome" wrong. Did you mean like peak, or pinnacle or apex or zenith? But I agree, they shouldn't be easy. I just do think there should be a little more consistency so if two people farm the same time the lucky drop rate person shouldn't get an advantage over the other one.
  • Options
    On average I have been getting 1 per event day, meaning 1 Monday, 1 Thursday, 1 Sunday. Of the 3 weeks I've been farming, 1 week was dry, then yesterday and today I farmed 3 (1 hit was the miracle 2 zetas!). It's not fun but it's not going to change, I've learned this the hard way.

Besides, zetas would not be awesome if everyone had them.
  • Options
    Correction: they would be awesome, but not as interesting.
  • Options
    It fluctuates this past sunday/monday, i got 5, just hang in there.
  • Options

imo...

They are but going an entire week of attempts without a single one, getting 2 during a 3 week period when you need 20 of them to be useful is beyond ridiculous.

I'm entirely FTP until this is resolved.

• Options

imo...

They are but going an entire week of attempts without a single one, getting 2 during a 3 week period when you need 20 of them to be useful is beyond ridiculous.

I'm entirely FTP until this is resolved.

well you will be ftp for the rest of your life lol

they never made drop rates better on anything

side note: if they made them better on zeta's... we wouldn't have the omegas to follow
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I've been free to play sense game launched and I was just able to farm zeta's from challenges this past Thursday. Been farming ships for challenge sense they came out. I don't remember when ships launched but seems at least 2 are 3 months?? After that long of an investment in ships to unlock a challenge the drop rate needs to be closer to 50% IMO. That's not much to ask for. People who paid for ships to farm early already have 40+ zeta. Currently I have 5 so the p2p vs the f2p is noticeable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zetas are the long haul. Drop rates are fine.

Nothing in this game cones without a choice, pay or don't pay. If you don't pay then you have to decide farm ships or zetas....it's basically that simple.
  • Options
    I feel that the drop rate is alright it's an average of 3 a week from challenges. And 3 from shipments if you are getting at least 1000 a day. But I think because this material is for squad use only it should be added to the last node of GW as a chance to get like omegas.
  • Kabitoe10
    184 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Or even add a chance to get it from the mix for the lvl 85 box from dailies. It wouldn't really change the drop rate but would give players more hope. And hope keeps people playing
  • Options
    Kabitoe10 wrote: »
    I feel that the drop rate is alright it's an average of 3 a week from challenges. And 3 from shipments if you are getting at least 1000 a day. But I think because this material is for squad use only it should be added to the last node of GW as a chance to get like omegas.

It's not 3/week hence the thread
  • Osisiv
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    not enough data bud

Your account is just more proof something is broken. A challenge that requires the investment is does to unlock should not be dropping at 15% or less for a single piece of which you need 20, that's absolutely absurd. Especially when you only get 6 attempts per week.

Something is only broken if the drops are uneven between players--like if I get 10 in one week and you get 2. Otherwise it is what it is.

• Options
    You are not alone. Terrible drop for me. Once I did 2 weeks in a row without any zeta from challenges.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options

Do you know what "average" means. . . . . If you take the difference from the people at the low end and the high end it meets in the middle. My first week of zetas I got 8 then the second week I got 3. 11 total from 12 attempts were you can get anywhere from 0 to 2 per challenge would average out at 3 a week. . . Learn actual math when you try to determine drop rate. I might not have a large sample base my self but this isn't the first thread on this. And there are people with really high drop rates and Low drops rates. But only people that get into a bad range of it complain.

Im happy I'm close to my first zeta and have only started farming then for 2 weeks. I wish it was better for everyone. If everyone has the same drop rate the game would be boring as all get out.
  • Options
    +1
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    The only problem is that I'm having to fight teams with multiple zetas, and I can't beat them without my own. One zeta every two weeks isn't enough.

I'd be OK with a long haul approach if not for the fact that I'm up against maxed Kenobi leading zeta Yoda and zeta Barriss, or zeta Vader with zeta Fett, zeta Maul, etc. There will be no progress until I can compete with these teams.
  • Options
    still 5/8 from unlocking the challenge, which, once attained, I thought was all fountains of champagne and Kobe steak & tail dinners, gratis.

now after perusing this thread, suddenly I don't feel so bad grinding out Zetas from Fleet Shipments at 2,000 per. At least I know I can count on 4-5 a week. Sucks that I gotta put other Fleet Shipments farming on hold but, hey, gotta feed the monkey.
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    You are not alone. Terrible drop for me. Once I did 2 weeks in a row without any zeta from challenges.

Exactly this and many in my guild have experienced just this situation. I agree zeta should be a grind and if you get 2 per day (1 per attempt) and 1 every couple days via fleet shipments, it still takes about three weeks to grind one set. Thats a pretty decent grind. Now account for the days and weeks where you get zero from the event and now you're at four to five weeks. Its not like the gear challenge where you just level a few characters and auto through the event. Eight 5-star ships was a difficult grind and the event wasnt exactly easy, so guaranteeing one per attempt isnt ridiculous. Imagine after grinding certain characters to complete the heroic AAT raid you only had a 50/50 chance at the 6 Kenobi shards, that it wasnt guaranteed?
  • Options
    They'll fix the drop rate as soon as they fix the Mod drop rate....wait....
  • Options

Do you know what "average" means. . . . . If you take the difference from the people at the low end and the high end it meets in the middle. My first week of zetas I got 8 then the second week I got 3. 11 total from 12 attempts were you can get anywhere from 0 to 2 per challenge would average out at 3 a week. . . Learn actual math when you try to determine drop rate. I might not have a large sample base my self but this isn't the first thread on this. And there are people with really high drop rates and Low drops rates. But only people that get into a bad range of it complain.

Im happy I'm close to my first zeta and have only started farming then for 2 weeks. I wish it was better for everyone. If everyone has the same drop rate the game would be boring as all get out.

That's not an average. An average would be to sum successful attempts of a given sample and divide by total attempts in said sample.

When you've been grinding for more than a week or two you'll realize that much less than 50% of attempts will result in a Zeta.

This means that the probability of a Zeta dropping is too low, hence so many stories of people going a week, 2 weeks or more without a single Zeta. Given that a best case scenario would take > 3 weeks to grind a single Zeta, the drop rate is too low.

Good try though.
  • Options

That's not an average. An average would be to sum successful attempts of a given sample and divide by total attempts in said sample.

When you've been grinding for more than a week or two you'll realize that much less than 50% of attempts will result in a Zeta.

This means that the probability of a Zeta dropping is too low, hence so many stories of people going a week, 2 weeks or more without a single Zeta. Given that a best case scenario would take > 3 weeks to grind a single Zeta, the drop rate is too low.

Good try though.
    I never said 50% drop rate. Because you can get 2 on an attempt if you had perfect ring you would get 12 from 1 week. To to add all the variables before you put words into someone else's mouth.

If the max you can get is 12 and minimum is 0 if you get 1 every day the challenge is up that is 3. Drop rate is averaged at 30% per attempt.

• Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    The drop rates the same for everyone. Why should it be improved just because someone wants an ability quicker? In fact, it were higher it would hurt the balance because those with the inability to do the zeta challenges would be at more of a disadvantage then they are currently. My advice, do what you want with your dime, but drop rates are consistent with the rest of the game so there is nothing to "fix".
  • Options

Good try though.
    I never said 50% drop rate. Because you can get 2 on an attempt if you had perfect ring you would get 12 from 1 week. To to add all the variables before you put words into someone else's mouth.

If the max you can get is 12 and minimum is 0 if you get 1 every day the challenge is up that is 3. Drop rate is averaged at 30% per attempt.

I think the point is that the sample size is too low to establish a true mean. My gut tells me 30% is too low but not far off because there are definitely far too many zeros for something that requires such an investment.