Crit chance vs crit damage triangle on TFP

I have one of each, and both are part of the crit chance set. I can't decide whether to give TFP more crit chance or more damage.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Damage
  • Options
    I say chance to increase tenacity down
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on how much CC you are currently running.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I say chance to increase tenacity down

But what's the point unless you're raiding? That's not a big advantage in Arena, IMO, as hell, at best, get it on 1-2 toons by the time he's dead. He's gonna get Tenacity Down within 1-3 goes on Raids.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Damage
  • Options
    I wou say CD but use the CC set bonuses and secondaries as much as you can.
  • Options
    I have a CC triangle on mine with a CD set. Still crits for over 20k all the time.
  • Options
    Whatever has the best speed secondary.
    Do or do not...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Crit damage for arena, crit chance for raids. tenacity down isn't all that useful in arena unless you're going against a team that will beat you to tenacity up. Otherwise your potency is going to be high enough anyways, so focus more on the damage.
  • Options
    Honestly I would say there are numerous variables
    1) Who is the leader Boba, Vader, Palp??
    If it is Boba which is who I use I would say Crit Chance because you want him criting as much as possible and since Boba gives 50% Crit damage you cut fairly even. I hate the fact that TP has such. Diffrence between a crit and a None crit attack so to avoid as much as possible him not criting I preferef crit chance and the diffrence is pretty significant.
    2) Who has the best speed secondary???you definitely want your tp to be the fastest in your shard if you can.
    3) I had another thing in mind and forgot so oh well
  • Options
    I prefer the cc triangle. Under palp lead, a crit means a debuff which means 20% tm gain. If the target was not already debuffed, then tfp gets an addl 10% tm and 35% foresight chance at the end of his turn and the next turn will do 35% more damage on his basic. If all five targets were already debuffed, a crit means 70% tm gain. The chain reaction can be devastating...
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I run CC. Could replace with CD but have been doing just fine in arena with the CC. One mod won't change the fact of me facing a whale wall for positions 1-7 in arena.

Currently working on CD mods in general so maybe one day will throw the CC mods out.

https://swgoh.gg/u/vessaharja/collection/tie-fighter-pilot/

Edit:
    Are CC triangles next to impossible to get? Out of all my mods I only have 3 CC triangles (4, 2 and 1 dot mods).
  • Options
    Most_Licey wrote: »
    I prefer the cc triangle. Under palp lead, a crit means a debuff which means 20% tm gain. If the target was not already debuffed, then tfp gets an addl 10% tm and 35% foresight chance at the end of his turn and the next turn will do 35% more damage on his basic. If all five targets were already debuffed, a crit means 70% tm gain. The chain reaction can be devastating...

Naturally it seldom happens in attack for me, but boy does the opposing TFP constantly have foresight!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    crit chance might be useful for raids but you can always re-attempt for better luck, I think the answer is always crit damage