Who should I Zeta first?

I'm torn between Zader or boba.

I have Vader at gear x but nearly 11 and boba is maxed.

I mainly have a rebel squad at the moment but I'm really tired of wiggs. (Relevant) toons I have:

EP gear 11
Boba gear 11
Vader (nearly) gear 11
TFP gear 8
Royal guard gear 8
Shoretrooper gear 9 (but 5*)
Wiggs gear 11
Lando gear 11
A load of rubbish Jedi at gear 11
Some jawas who are mildly helpful in the raid.

Help my quest to break the arena top 20 please!

Replies

• sjkerhfgdjhd
    1009 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Vader is probably the better zeta overall, but you need to do a lot of gear on TFP and Shoretrooper before you will have a viable empire team and EP is an awesome lead for them anyways. Boba is useful in a lot more team comps, and by the time you have empire ready to go you will likely have a second zeta ready too. But really, it all depends on your personal preferences. You might want to wait to see what Krennic and Deathtrooper are like before giving it to anyone, but if that doesn't give you an answer then just flip a coin.

Edit, unless you are close to getting GK, then you might want to consider doing Barriss depending on just how well geared your Jedi are and if she is one of your better ones.
  • Options
    I agree with the first paragraph of sjk. By the time you have more Empire ready to go, then the Vader zeta becomes more useful. I'd go with Boba for right now. It's like a 3rd get out of jail free card
  • Options
    Vader is probably the better zeta overall, but you need to do a lot of gear on TFP and Shoretrooper before you will have a viable empire team and EP is an awesome lead for them anyways. Boba is useful in a lot more team comps, and by the time you have empire ready to go you will likely have a second zeta ready too. But really, it all depends on your personal preferences. You might want to wait to see what Krennic and Deathtrooper are like before giving it to anyone, but if that doesn't give you an answer then just flip a coin.

Edit, unless you are close to getting GK, then you might want to consider doing Barriss depending on just how well geared your Jedi are and if she is one of your better ones.

That's the annoying thing the one Jedi I don't have is barris - I joined after her nerf and so though of her as a waste... facepalm.

I think you guys are right - I want to see what krennic and deathtroper bring to an empire line-up. If either of them drop dots....
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

That's the annoying thing the one Jedi I don't have is barris - I joined after her nerf and so though of her as a waste... facepalm.

I think you guys are right - I want to see what krennic and deathtroper bring to an empire line-up. If either of them drop dots....

It also depends on what you're going for. If your shard has a lot of Barriss Zetas, Vader is the way to go. But other than that, I find Zeta Vader teams don't really stick that much in my top 10/20. The only one up there in my shard has a 261 speed TFP, both Vader and EP around 200 speed, B2, and Shoretrooper. All at g11, 7* except shore is 5*. The others don't really do well enough on defense to stay that high in the arena. Boba's Zeta is for more versatile in terms of the arena teams and can help you while you farm up the rest of your empire team to make the Vader one viable.
    Even if Krennic and Deathtrooper do add/profit from DoTs, it's gonna be a while before you can gear them and tfp and shore up to arena standards. And then, if Krennic and Deathtrooper don't gain anything from the Vader Zeta you won't have wasted it for them, and Boba will still fit very well into your lineup no matter what you run.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

It also depends on what you're going for. If your shard has a lot of Barriss Zetas, Vader is the way to go. But other than that, I find Zeta Vader teams don't really stick that much in my top 10/20. The only one up there in my shard has a 261 speed TFP, both Vader and EP around 200 speed, B2, and Shoretrooper. All at g11, 7* except shore is 5*. The others don't really do well enough on defense to stay that high in the arena. Boba's Zeta is for more versatile in terms of the arena teams and can help you while you farm up the rest of your empire team to make the Vader one viable.
    Even if Krennic and Deathtrooper do add/profit from DoTs, it's gonna be a while before you can gear them and tfp and shore up to arena standards. And then, if Krennic and Deathtrooper don't gain anything from the Vader Zeta you won't have wasted it for them, and Boba will still fit very well into your lineup no matter what you run.

True but would a zader team yield strong raid results? Even if I only have half the team of ep, boba, and Vader?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

True but would a zader team yield strong raid results? Even if I only have half the team of ep, boba, and Vader?

AAT or Rancor?
    Rancor Zader would be great. Both EP and Vader actually have 2 chances to remove TM (one for being a sith and one for being empire) which makes them very effective, and you don't need to worry about potency for the TMR because it can't be resisted. TFP can be very useful in this team as well, he's fast and can apply tenacity down to help the DoTs stick, even at g8. With those three, and potentially boba you're probably going to want another character that can apply speed down fairly often because Boba and Vader are going to dispel speed down whenever they use execute/culling blade, only the DoTs come back. But in short, yes Vader's Zeta should yield very good raid results in the pit.

I'm not really sure how Vader's Zeta does in the AAT raid. The only place it's really useable is p3 (p1 and p3 are the only rounds that allow TMR, and stacking DoTs on GG is a bad idea lol. He'd just get tac. maneuvering every single turn and he'd enrage far too quickly) but if you already have a good p3 team, it might not be better, as the rocket b2 can still counter and gain TM and eventually the tank fires. You might want to try Vader, EP, TFP, Boba, and RG for p3. Not sure what the best set up for that is.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Short answer is yes. Vader zeta lead empire in heroic rancor can easily clear all phases of heroic Rancor. For heroic AAT, there is no team that can do more than Vader zeta with Palp, TFP, RG and Shoretrooper/Sun Fac/other cool taunter.

I have done 1.4M in P3 of heroic AAT with that team and have seen screenshots of more with Sun Fac in place of shore.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Definitely Vader, Boba's zeta is good but Vader just offers more for every ally.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    And then, if Krennic and Deathtrooper don't gain anything from the Vader Zeta you won't have wasted it for them, and Boba will still fit very well into your lineup no matter what you run.

@Vertigo Krennic and Deathtrooper will AUTOMATICALLY benefit from Vader Zeta because they are / will be EMPIRE toons.

@DarkSideStrikesBack Go Vader, you won't regret. It will put higher in AAT (making you unlock and star Kenobi faster), will put you higher in Rancor (more credits / gear) and in arena a Vader Zeta will make Boba more dangerous (maximize his special damage).

Yeah Boba is fun, but Zetas are rare, and Vader wins here.

I zeta'ed Vader a few weeks ago and he is legit mate, now Im 15/20 and will zeta Sidious next. Boba will be my 3rd zeta that is a sure thing.

But between Boba and Vader, considering you have the core Empire heroes (EP/TFP/Shore) I say Vader without a doubt.

In case you wanna check:

My swgoh.gg
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    AAT my best was 1.7M on P3.

ZVader owns P3, no other team gets damage, not even close.

My video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3W3COCitIog

My average is 1.4~1.5M, that 1.7M was a very rare RNG run.

Rancor I can solo with EP/TFP/Sid/Rex or ShT
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Farm 20, wait for the Droid zeta.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »

Nah not a droid fan
  • Options
    JinSaotome wrote: »

That's what I'm doing :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I have a full clone squad (well almost) Five g11 Rex g11 Echo g10 Cody g9... Sarge is a work in progress

Considering this my aim was always Cody for first Zeta but I never see him mentioned in these conversations...
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    I have a full clone squad (well almost) Five g11 Rex g11 Echo g10 Cody g9... Sarge is a work in progress

Considering this my aim was always Cody for first Zeta but I never see him mentioned in these conversations...

zCody clones are good for p2 hAAT.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

Yeah I know... but a Cody Zeta with my above team + another (was thinking either SunFac or JKA) would this not be a viable arena team also ?
  • Options

Yeah I know... but a Cody Zeta with my above team + another (was thinking either SunFac or JKA) would this not be a viable arena team also ?

@Smithie has some vids on em

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kvYCMa2wQKI
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just wait a couple of days to see what DT and Krennic abilites are going to be/how attainable they will be/if they have a newer, better zeta.

If nothing comes of that, I'd go Vader. Shoot for an arena team of Vader (L), EP, TFP, Shore, BF.
  • Options
    Zeta Chewy!
  • Options

Zeta Cody is a sub-par lead to Rex in arena. That limited protection recovery doesn't help you when you're getting hit by Wedge or TFP for 30k+ a shot. Zeta Cody does make galactic war a piece of cake according to my guildmates with him.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

Zeta Cody is a sub-par lead to Rex in arena. That limited protection recovery doesn't help you when you're getting hit by Wedge or TFP for 30k+ a shot. Zeta Cody does make galactic war a piece of cake according to my guildmates with him.

GW isnt an issue for me as practically 1 team it anyway... hmmm may need to rethink first zeta then
  • Options
    Oh, and I should add that my intention is to hold my zetas (17 and counting) to see what the next wave looks like. It doesn't help that I don't really have any of the zeta-able characters well geared/positioned to be useful at the moment.
  • Options

GW isnt an issue for me as practically 1 team it anyway... hmmm may need to rethink first zeta then

Cody Zeta is great if:

1) You have ALL of the clones AAT ready
    2) You struggle completing GW
    3) You just love clones and their synergy

It's not really good enough for Arena, but makes them unstoppable against anything that isn't going to just 1 shot you.
  • Options
    Save your Zetas for Krennic