Piles and piles of unwanted low level gear idea.

Hi Dev's loving the game. Only been playing a few months but already have a pretty large number of lower level gear and assume that will get huge with time. I'm sure more experienced players have a ridiculous amount!
How about an Unkar Plutt shop where you trade unwanted gear for a randomized amount of 'portions' which as per normal food can be converted into energy?
That way you can reinvest back into the game and it's again at the mercy of RNG. Make a limit per day and it will be absolutely fair across the board for all player levels. The random drops in the game are sometimes frustrating but add to the fun so it's another little way to get some fun out of the day.
Anyway if this is a pre-existing idea I apologize and will retreat back to my evil cave on Dagobah.

Replies

• Options
    They got rid of the shipments you could sell gear about a year ago
  • Options
    Yeah I have over 1000 pieces of most of the useless challenge gear. Very frustrating. We definitely need some way to sell excess.
  • Options
    Yeah I have over 1000 pieces of most of the useless challenge gear. Very frustrating. We definitely need some way to sell excess.

Lol, I have 2,5 k of some useless stunguns from tank challenge! THAT is more than enough.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a toon that can take any type of white for a certain amount. Blue for a certain amount etc.
    The development of your stats is dependent on the gear they get. So this will give some variety in end stats for those toons.
    For example we can buff massively health and protection by giving strength etc etc. would be nice
  • Options
    i would be all for selling excess gear. we all have tons of gear we either can't use or don't want to use.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I want to also be able to trade the piles and piles of useless high level gear, becuase there is a lot of it!
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    @RAYRAY Wait, you mean you don't want to have 2k+ pieces of challenge gear that you only need a total of 400 in the entire game? How unappreciative! For shame!
  • Options
    MK5 Keypads, MK4 Droid Callers, MK4 Stun guns to name a few.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    One added bonus is when you start a new toon from scratch I have found I pretty much have the mats already to take them straight away to g5-6 without need of one farm
  • Options
    How about a forge system where x amount of 1 item are added and produce an item next level....or depending on varying amounts of coin paid choose a level of gear

• Options
    There was a way to sell excess gear, it was removed probably a year ago. Would like to see it come back.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »
    @RAYRAY Wait, you mean you don't want to have 2k+ pieces of challenge gear that you only need a total of 400 in the entire game? How unappreciative! For shame!

Exactly...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Wiggo wrote: »
    How about a forge system where x amount of 1 item are added and produce an item next level....or depending on varying amounts of coin paid choose a level of gear

I've seen this kind of idea implemented successfully in other games. There should be a fairly high barrier to build the forge, certainly - but IMO it's a great idea.

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    That gear could be useful at any point in the future though, and if they sell at a similar price to mods it probably wouldn't be worth it
  • Options
    Honestly minus a certain few i am ok with a stockpile. Can get new toons near g7 right off the bat.
  • Options
    The new starwars arena has a shop -- put in X of common and get a random uncommon -- put in X amount of uncommon - get rare, etc.

TBH, I'd rather the option to just buy the White, Green, or Blue gear I need rather then gambling for it for a week. But if all we can get is Random-junk-to-better-random-junk slot machine, I'm all for it.

IF any dev actually liked this, check out the Borderlands: pre-sequel -- The Grinder. It was pretty random but they did it right and, more or less, you could get what you needed (even if that meant thowing crystals into the girinder!)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice