Qestion about Shock

OK, am I right to assume that even after a shocked ST Han taunts, every hit he receives gives TM to his teammates?

Replies

• Options
    That's how it currently works. Whether it's actually WAI or not we don't know.
  • Options

Oh great then....what's the point of shock them at all...
  • Options
    Correct, shock doesn't stop teammates from gaining benefits, only the shocked target.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Melvil wrote: »

Oh great then....what's the point of shock them at all...

no taunt, so why on earth attack st han?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If you shock STH before he taunts you are fine.

Once he uses taunt they only gain turn meter for the intial move. But like leef said after you shock him why attack him because he then becomes useless.

If he taunts and then you shock him then yes everytime you hit STH the enemy allies will gain turn meter.
  • Options
    It feels like a bug, since the TM gain is tied to the Taunt somehow, be it a hidden buff or part of the taunt, since dispelling the taunt stops TM gain, but it sticks around if he never gains the taunt to start.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I have argued in the past that it is WAI based on the description. However, it is currently listed in the known bugs thread, so CG must think it is a bug.
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

Once he uses taunt they only gain turn meter for the intial move. But like leef said after you shock him why attack him because he then becomes useless.

If he taunts and then you shock him then yes everytime you hit STH the enemy allies will gain turn meter.
    That is actually not the case. Shock sthan first, he taunts, then you attack him again and the rest of the team gets TM.
  • Options

That is actually not the case. Shock sthan first, he taunts, then you attack him again and the rest of the team gets TM.

oh well then i must have never noticed because i don't attack STH after i shock him. Again, like leef said why would you attack him if you already shocked him.
  • Options

oh well then i must have never noticed because i don't attack STH after i shock him. Again, like leef said why would you attack him if you already shocked him.
    Maybe the guy uses AOE, I don't know.
  • Options
    Stealthed enemies.
  • Options
    STH can also gain TM from his attack. But if he's not being attacked he becomes limited, Daze shuts him down pretty well.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Man this argument is going to go on forever till CG changes something. No matter which side of things you are on with this argument, TM give dependent on taunt or TM give independent of taunt is broken. TM give acts differently if taunt is dispelled or taunt is prevented.

Here is how the mechanics work currently (this is what is currently happening not necessarily what is correct)
    h3tsCsE.png

The TM give turned on no matter what.
    It is only turned if after STH death, 4x turn end, end of encounter or taunt is cleared.

If he doesn't gain the taunt then it can't be cleared.

So one way or another broke.
  • Options
    It's bugged
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options

I don't attack him after I've shocked him...the thing is that when I attack someone he still gets hit because he's a rebel and he has shock and gives them TM...the thing is that in my opinion when he taunts after being shocked he should not give TM for every hit he receives (I don't have a problem with the initial TM from the ability itself)...
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Melvil wrote: »
    the thing is that in my opinion when he taunts after being shocked he should not give TM for every hit he receives (I don't have a problem with the initial TM from the ability itself)...

Don't forget about his "Bluff" ability that has TM manipulation which has nothing to do with him taunting. But if you want to stop the TM manipulation you need Daze, not Shock. So Darth Maul or Rey, not sure who else has it.