Is the rancor immune to daze?

Why im asking... If the rancor is not immune to daze, reys zeta could be pretty usefull in rancor raid. If I take it correctly, it should prevent rancor to gain 5% TM after each hit...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes immune to daze and shock.
  • feälóke
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thats bad :( , then developers should at least write something about that to the rancor description...
    For now its missing... "immune to stun, shock, health down, ability block, cooldown increase and massive dmg effects"
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    They did update the tank raid with immunity to daze they probably missed the rancor raid. It doesn't really matter if you could daze rancor. As stated in fearsome foe it's TM gain effect can't be prevented. He doesn't counter and has no one that does assist calls. Same with the captain.
  • Options
    I don't think Grevious has it stated, or its bugged.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think Grevious has it stated, or its bugged.

your right. Never looked at it only checked on rocket man, mainly because he is the only one with a counter attack.
    All bosses state TM gain can't be prevented and all but Rocket man don't counter and none can be called for an assist.

Pretty sure it is safe to assume all bosses are immune to daze as they are shock.

Maybe one day we will get the description updated.
  • Options
    One day... I bet on September.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    feälóke wrote: »

Lol
  • Options
    feälóke wrote: »

*august
  • Options
    You are such an optimistic guy ;)
  • Gypsyjen
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    your right. Never looked at it only checked on rocket man, mainly because he is the only one with a counter attack.
    All bosses state TM gain can't be prevented and all but Rocket man don't counter and none can be called for an assist.

Pretty sure it is safe to assume all bosses are immune to daze as they are shock.

Burning out my fuse up here alone.
    Maybe one day we will get the description updated.

And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...

• Options
    The description of Fearsome Foe does not specify the rancor as being immune to daze, HOWEVER it does specify that the 5% turn meter gain cannot be stopped.
  • Options
    They did update the tank raid with immunity to daze they probably missed the rancor raid. It doesn't really matter if you could daze rancor. As stated in fearsome foe it's TM gain effect can't be prevented. He doesn't counter and has no one that does assist calls. Same with the captain.

Well if you daze the side pigs they can't assist the captain, but I usually kill the side pigs before they hit me anyway.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Well if you daze the side pigs they can't assist the captain, but I usually kill the side pigs before they hit me anyway.

The side pigs aren't immune to the stuff bosses are. dazing the captain, if you could, will have no effect if side pigs can be called to assist
  • Options
    And now, is it immune to STAGGER? Krennic could crush the rancor single-handedly!
  • Options
    We'll see...
    Also depends on how often the AI decides to resist :P
  • Options
    And now, is it immune to STAGGER? Krennic could crush the rancor single-handedly!

3 turn cooldown on the skill that applies stagger and Krennic doesn't have any cooldown refresh or TM gain skills so that won't be enough to single handedly handle the rancor. He'd certainly make a great addition to any rancor team though, 100% chance for tenacity down on basic when omega'd. 70% chance to apply stagger --> remove 100% TM.
    Not really sure what his last special would do to the Rancor though, it applies a debuff based on the type of enemy it is.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

3 turn cooldown on the skill that applies stagger and Krennic doesn't have any cooldown refresh or TM gain skills so that won't be enough to single handedly handle the rancor. He'd certainly make a great addition to any rancor team though, 100% chance for tenacity down on basic when omega'd. 70% chance to apply stagger --> remove 100% TM.
    Not really sure what his last special would do to the Rancor though, it applies a debuff based on the type of enemy it is.

If he can land stagger, that empties TM whenever the victim takes damage. If he is fast enough, theoretically the rancor TM would never fill, just keep banging him down over and over.

I imagine raid bosses will be immune to stagger.
  • Options

If he can land stagger, that empties TM whenever the victim takes damage. If he is fast enough, theoretically the rancor TM would never fill, just keep banging him down over and over.

In the update post Kozispoon said Stagger was like Expose, so I was under the impression that it would happen once and the stagger effect would be removed after, just like expose. In which case he wouldn't be able to do it single-handedly.
    The effect that the p3 droids apply with their grenade only removes 25% TM on each hit but lasts multiple turns. I think 100% TM is too much to last more than the one hit.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

In the update post Kozispoon said Stagger was like Expose, so I was under the impression that it would happen once and the stagger effect would be removed after, just like expose. In which case he wouldn't be able to do it single-handedly.
    The effect that the p3 droids apply with their grenade only removes 25% TM on each hit but lasts multiple turns. I think 100% TM is too much to last more than the one hit.

Looking at the mechanics it goes away on receiving damage. So lasts for one hit like expose.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Rocket man already shows immune to Stagger
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Why even bother with that honestly, teebo can remove 100% TM when he's stealth from the rocket man, and rocket man can't counter a stealthed attack. He can counter attack after being hit with stagger, seems less useful than teebo overall.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Why even bother with that honestly, teebo can remove 100% TM when he's stealth from the rocket man, and rocket man can't counter a stealthed attack. He can counter attack after being hit with stagger, seems less useful than teebo overall.

I don't disagree at all.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

I don't disagree at all.

Not to mention it has a 3 turn cooldown unlike Teebo's basic. I guess they might be releasing more characters with stagger in the future?
  • Options
    It never used block the Rancor's TM gain. When they made him immune it did have the unfortunate side effect of removing the Emperor's TM gain though
  • Taco
    446 posts Member
    Options
    Tuskens immune to all