The only Arena team I haven't been able to beat...

I'm only level 58, so it's not like I'm at end game or have fought the biggest and baddest around. I consistently finish top 20 in my relatively new 'server' though, and rarely find anyone I can't beat.

I've lost the odd game against players five or six levels higher than me, but generally speaking they've been due to RND and I'm able to beat them in a rematch.

However, I've now come up against a team that I've fought twice, once he didn't lose a single toon, and once I killed one before losing.

HK47 (L), Poggle, IG88, IG86, Poe.

Just, wow. If I'd known how devastating this team was, I'd have been building toward this all along. Is this team as strong approaching the 70 mark?

I run Phasma (L), Sid, Dooku, Daka, Fives. (6*, 6*, 4*, 4*, 6*. All max gear.)

Not the best team in the world, but it does a job for me.

The first time my Dooku went first, missed stun, Poe exposed every one of my toons with taunt. Poggle buff, IG86 assist killed Dooku, IG88 AOE reduced most of my team to red. Died soon after.

Second match Dooku and Daka both went first, both missed stuns, Poe only exposed two toons. But despite killing Poe, I was still destroyed pretty quickly.

I've beaten other Poe teams, so it's not just the Poe factor, but I really was gobsmacked by this lineup.

Should I be rethinking my team and working toward a similar lineup? Or will it tail off in the late 60s/get nerfed when the meta changes and adjustments are made to damage or health?

Replies

• Options
    Hahaha, droid teams were killers and now Poe makes them, what, better killers, lol!

Heavy damage is the standard right now, any high DPS teams with Poe work OK.
  • Options
    This team is extremely strong. Lose the Poe roll and you'll lose this fight most of the time.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    It was easy before Poe because they are so frail and a little slow you could take out 86 before he activated have all your toons take a lot of damage and then just finish them all in about 2 rounds. It was probably the only team (at same level) you could take out in 30 seconds. Now with Poe its pretty brutal as the extra 20 with expose means your toons die rather than being almost dead and you have to try and get through Poe first so 86 gets to use his special which is usually a dead hero.
  • Options
    Swap fives with luminara and you can beat it with luck
  • Options
    Dooku is a liability at 4*. No way you can kill poe in first round with that team.

Get daka to 6. Heal early with lumi.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Swap fives with luminara and you can beat it with luck

I don't think that would make a difference unfortunately, she wouldn't go ahead of Poe, and other than Fives & Phasma most of my toons just die as opposed to getting to low health, so the heal wouldn't help.
    Dooku is a liability at 4*. No way you can kill poe in first round with that team.

I agree getting him to a higher star level would help, but at the moment he's actually the best chance I have of getting lucky against this team. If he were to hit (or even double hit) his stun first turn then I might actually win.
  • Options
    I run that droid team. All 7* apart from HK-47 who is 6*.

There are setups that can beat it regularly. QGJ is a good start, he can nullify the taunt while doing offense up on your whole team. There are like 3 characters that are dedicated droid killers, who nobody has thought to farm yet. But at the moment it's one of the most well synergized squads available for FTP.
  • Options
    JAWAS suck
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Options
    Toolio wrote: »

There are setups that can beat it regularly. QGJ is a good start, he can nullify the taunt while doing offense up on your whole team. There are like 3 characters that are dedicated droid killers, who nobody has thought to farm yet. But at the moment it's one of the most well synergized squads available for FTP.

Yeah, I'm working on QGJ at the moment, whether or not he's the solution I guess I'll see :)

Also, going back to your point. I wouldn't be aiming to kill Poe first turn, should I be? Even if I do kill Poe before he taunts, does that really solve my problem? I don't get exposed, but all their big hitters are still there.

My tactic would hopefully be to stun Poe (at this level my Dooku goes first and my Daka can also go ahead of Poe depending on RND), and then take out one of the glass cannons. I think ideally killing or stunning Poggle would be good too, but I think I'm better off going for 86 or 88.
  • Irics
    98 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm only level 58, so it's not like I'm at end game or have fought the biggest and baddest around. I consistently finish top 20 in my relatively new 'server' though, and rarely find anyone I can't beat.

I've lost the odd game against players five or six levels higher than me, but generally speaking they've been due to RND and I'm able to beat them in a rematch.

However, I've now come up against a team that I've fought twice, once he didn't lose a single toon, and once I killed one before losing.

Just, wow. If I'd known how devastating this team was, I'd have been building toward this all along. Is this team as strong approaching the 70 mark?

I run Phasma (L), Sid, Dooku, Daka, Fives. (6*, 6*, 4*, 4*, 6*. All max gear.)

Not the best team in the world, but it does a job for me.

The first time my Dooku went first, missed stun, Poe exposed every one of my toons with taunt. Poggle buff, IG86 assist killed Dooku, IG88 AOE reduced most of my team to red. Died soon after.

Second match Dooku and Daka both went first, both missed stuns, Poe only exposed two toons. But despite killing Poe, I was still destroyed pretty quickly.

I've beaten other Poe teams, so it's not just the Poe factor, but I really was gobsmacked by this lineup.

Should I be rethinking my team and working toward a similar lineup? Or will it tail off in the late 60s/get nerfed when the meta changes and adjustments are made to damage or health?

From what I see you are lacking damage atm. Phasma multi-attack leader skill sounds cool combined with Fives and Dooku, but the percentage is too low for me (18%) and Sid crit would be much more useful to increase damage against glass cannon like IG-88. He should be the one you target first, stun; ability block; do whatever necessary to nullify his AoE (before Poe taunts) in the first round and I think you will be able to survive - Without the AoE, IG-86 and HK at the maximum probably will make your chars HP go to red and you will be able to heal after that. Switch Fives with Lumi (her force blast will help eliminate IG-88) of other DPS you have and I think you are all set.
  • Options
    It is the Poe factor. The droid Poe team is one of better Poe cheap exploit. As you get higher level you start hitting wave of 6* gear 8 Poe teams and he will go 2nd and you won't get a single turn until all of his team does after his taunt. You will likely loose 1 hero befor they have chance to move 1 time. Get Poe and replace 5s he sucks. Sure a Poe nerf may come but that's meta for now.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Toolio wrote: »

Yeah, I'm working on QGJ at the moment, whether or not he's the solution I guess I'll see :)

Also, going back to your point. I wouldn't be aiming to kill Poe first turn, should I be? Even if I do kill Poe before he taunts, does that really solve my problem? I don't get exposed, but all their big hitters are still there.

My tactic would hopefully be to stun Poe (at this level my Dooku goes first and my Daka can also go ahead of Poe depending on RND), and then take out one of the glass cannons. I think ideally killing or stunning Poggle would be good too, but I think I'm better off going for 86 or 88.

Yes you should aim to be able to kill him. The danger of Poe is the Expose of 2-3 chars POWERS UP IG-88 which will increase damage 15% when you suffer a negative effect. But Poe will at the same time move Your chars to turn 8 or 9 or 10. So, if you kill him him before he moves in, the drones would go later, IG-88 will not add 15% damage per char on its AoE, and tour chars won't have expose. Thus you'll kill, ability block, stun or self buff or heal (eg Lumi heal or a Defense Up), and be pretty much a great chance of wiping the entire enemy good bye. Even if the two droids fire up, most likely only one of your chars is dead, and they are all glassy folks good as dead.

If their Poe acts, its Poogle (no definitely) acts, you cannot focus fire on them, and they have dots/expose, will call allies and will kill 2 chars while still behind Poe for the next turn.

Another tactic is kill IG-88 before he acts. Instead of trying to kill Poe, you kill the beast that will do 4-7k per char. So you will end up with 4 chars, and with a heal, you may soon subdue them. But Poogle works against you and how many times enemy crits you is a coin toss.

• Options
    Odd suggestions abound in this forum it seems. As someone who has both fielded this team, and beats it regularly, I think my input is a bit more valid than some of the bizarre comments here. Somebody said Fives sucks - dumb comment. If you don't know the game please refrain from misinforming other players. A 6* Fives is hands down better than a 4* Dooku in almost every situation. Fives is, in fact, a very good toon. I also disagree with targeting Poe. Poe is a round 1 toon, and there is just absolutely no way for you to kill him before he gets his turn with your current squad. I do agree with the idea that Sid is probably a better choice for leader than Phasma. Phasma defends much better, but if you are having trouble beating teams on offense, Sid is a better choice. The kill priority for this team is 88 -> 86 -> Poggle/HK -> Poe. Obviously this may not be possible because of Poe's taunt. Highly recommend you get either Poe or QGJ from Cantina shipments. An alternative is to build a squad tanky enough to withstand several hits and can then kill 2-3 toons in the second wave of attacks (your first turn for each character, or second if you alter turn order with Phasma, HRS etc). Example toons include but are not limited to: Phasma, Old Ben, Kylo Ren, Snowtrooper, Anakin, Fives, Tusken Raider, Barriss. Build the squad however you like, but have a strategy in place to ensure it can survive before you waste resources building it.
    The other (best, but perhaps most costly/difficult) option is to use a speed DPS squad. Turn 1 high damage attacks; Rey, Dooku (more stars), HRS, GS, Leia, Sid. If your squad is faster than Poe it will tear this build apart - 88 in particular (the biggest threat next to Poe) dies very quickly.
    Obviously the easiest option is to get Poe and/or QGJ yourself. The build is designed for taking maximum advantage of Poe's taunt and winning in the first round. You can either break it down before it happens, or survive it and then wipe them out. Either way I reccomend you flesh out your roster a bit more before taking on top team setups like this one, or most Poe-based builds.
  • Options
    I've now come up against a team that I've fought twice, once he didn't lose a single toon, and once I killed one before losing.

Having your own Poe alongside Jawa would help. Many people underestimate a 7* Jawa