FML

MBL_66
2465 posts Member
rgvAM-c39N_jrj5wtIpznrWG3ZbLYodX8UpULrfutCQ?size_mode=3&size=1024x768

I just felt like complaining about how ridiculous the ninth battle always is lol

Replies

• Omnirhyze
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you still have a suicide squad, try using it to get poe to taunt, leia to use her stealth special, ben's special, and QGJ assist.

After that, you should have a much easier time.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    yes, use a level 40ish team to soak the initial bombardment, then once they all die. Log in your best team and mop them up. Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the greater good.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    People need to stop advising to use low-level suicide squads. They do not work. If you put in a bunch of level 40s, they will all die before they get a turn, and if you are lucky maybe one or two of the enemy will use their specials. The AI has been smartened up and if you don't put in at least 1 or 2 proper opponents they conserve their specials now most of the time.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I don't know level 1s have saved me a few times by getting Dooku and/or Sid to blow their specials. Also had a few times some level 40s killed or severely hurt an opponents character, made a taunt be used, and made the A team's job a cake walk.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea I used my suicide squads to get passed it but my healing cooldowns were still up after and I lost a toon in each of the next few fights so now I can't beat the last fight. Oh well lol
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    People need to stop advising to use low-level suicide squads. They do not work. If you put in a bunch of level 40s, they will all die before they get a turn, and if you are lucky maybe one or two of the enemy will use their specials. The AI has been smartened up and if you don't put in at least 1 or 2 proper opponents they conserve their specials now most of the time.

My experience is it can backfire at times but also still work in getting the abilities used. No doubt it is useless if the point is to try and do some damage.
  • Options

No...just no. I've used them for a long time to great success. You just have to have a (very) basic strategy: put in 2ish disposable toons that WILL survive a big AOE if there is one (sid, ig88), then those will soak the remaining cooldowns. I consider it a success of i have burned 3+ big cooldowns, 4 is great, 5 is (generally) perfect. In this case, OP could put in 6 level 1 toons and be sitting really pretty since there are no AOEs. Leia and Poe and Ben all should burn very powerful but zero damage cooldowns. This is THE perfect time to use the "cooldown squad" as I call it.
  • Options
    Yeah it always seems weird that fights 9 or 10 are harder than 11-12. :|
  • Options
    s3rv0 wrote: »
    You just have to have a (very) basic strategy: put in 2ish disposable toons that WILL survive a big AOE if there is one (sid, ig88), then those will soak the remaining cooldowns.

This! I made the mistake of throwing in a bunch of level 1 toons, and Sid's first AOE nailed em all before Poe got to burn his taunt.

That being said, when I went in with a mid level squad Poe did not burn his taunt on the first turn. Almost like he knew what I was up to...
  • Options

I use them every day to complete GW. The whole idea is for them to die before they get a turn. Their only purpose is to get the enemy to use their specials. You don't want them to last long because the enemy specials will just cool down.

It does take some experimenting to figure out which toons will trigger the specials. I usually send in two at a time and if that doesn't accomplish what I want it to, I force close and switch up the comp or add a third toon and keep running it until I get the outcome I want. The suicide squad rarely even gets a hit in, they are only there to burn specials.

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options

I throw Chewie or some other low-value tank into the ring and nine times out of ten have all of the annoying specials used up. On the off chance that the AI doesn't pop Sid's AoE or Poe's taunt you can force close and try again with a different toon.
  • Options

Yep. Devs doing everything they can to wipe out strategy in GW.