Simple Change to Darth Vader (and Simple idea for Han and Leia)

MrGrips
521 posts Member
edited January 2017
Darth Vader is pretty set now due to his cool zeta. But his basic still sucks and why not improve it? Just a bit; he wouldnt be even near OP and director Krennic makes his basic super redundant. Why not add this to his basic:

If target already has ability block, Inflict Two DOTs.

I also think Han Solo and especially Leia are kind of underwhelming for what they could be. A simple change along the same lines could make them more useful AND give them some awesome
light synergy:

To Leia's Unique add: If Crit Chance Up already present allies also gain 10% TM.

To Han's Never Tell Me the Odds: If Crit Chance Up already present, allies also gain Speed Up (or maybe crit damage, not sure)

This also gives Han slight Lando synergy. But its a minor change that isnt too OP I think. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    For Vader I'd just up the basic damage and have it also apply to rebels
    Liea could also use a lot of her work with her leader since its outdated
    I like han's idea but want him to have synergy with a "reworked" chewbacca, remove 'clone wars' and add rebel tag
    And for lando I'd have him have synergy with Lobot (also buffed) since Lobot was essentially lando's chewie
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    For Vader I'd just up the basic damage and have it also apply to rebels
    Liea could also use a lot of her work with her leader since its outdated
    I like han's idea but want him to have synergy with a "reworked" chewbacca, remove 'clone wars' and add rebel tag
    And for lando I'd have him have synergy with Lobot (also buffed) since Lobot was essentially lando's chewie

I agree, I think even with my idea Vader would probably need a direct damage bump on his basic, and i would be happy with them just making it hit harder. Krennic's lead and Vader's basic (and Veers AOE too I guess) redundacy kind of bugs me though.

Yeah if chewbacca is changed to the rebel one or the real one ever comes out he def needs synergy with Han.

Leia's lead is very outdated. My idea for a very good Leia Lead (maxed with xeta probably) is:

Heart of the Rebellion: Rebel Allies gain 20% Critical Chance. When an Ally loses protection or is defeated a different Ally counterattacks. When an enemy loses 50%HP or is defeated allies gain Tenacity Up for 1 Turn and 10% Turn Meter. Allies with Tenacity Up are not affected by enemies' Critical Immunity.

Honestly I think you could probably take out the increased crit chance of that leader.
  • Ajunta
    22 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    sorry
    Post edited by Ajunta on
  • Options
    I'm agree, Zador is very strong in raid and arena but as you say, he's DARTH VADOR !!!

For me he absolutly need a 5th passive skill !

something like:

"At the end of each of his turn, all debuff enemies loose turn meter equal to 5% per debuff on them and Vador gain 5% turn meter and recover 5% max health per debuff enemy."

With this, he don't win too much power but only more control and resistance. (Usually in arena, toons don't get more than 5-6 debuff in the same time so around -30% turn meter max and Vador gain maximum +25% turn meter and recover 25% health)

And If you really want something stronger (my dream !), just add to he's basic:" ...inflict Ability Block for 1 turn and Damage Over Time effect for 3 rounds. Jedi and rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist..."
  • Options
    Ajunta wrote: »
    I'm agree, Zador is very strong in raid and arena but as you say, he's DARTH VADOR !!!

For me he absolutly need a 5th passive skill !

something like:

"At the end of each of his turn, all debuff enemies loose turn meter equal to 5% per debuff on them and Vador gain 5% turn meter and recover 5% max health per debuff enemy."

With this, he don't win too much power but only more control and resistance. (Usually in arena, toons don't get more than 5-6 debuff in the same time so around -30% turn meter max and Vador gain maximum +25% turn meter and recover 25% health)

And If you really want something stronger (my dream !), just add to he's basic:" ...inflict Ability Block for 1 turn and Damage Over Time effect for 3 rounds. Jedi and rebel targets cannot Evade or Resist..."

His leader already has TM removal. People generally run his leader ability with a Sith/empire team and majority have aoe abilities...

How would that now be overpowered? The other team would practically never be able to attack... and your looking at full-auto mode for rancor raid (which already is happening but this would make it much easier)

Imo, Vader is fine the way he is. If any adjustments need to be made, only his basic damage should be increased
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I cant believe people are still complaining about vader
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I cant believe people are still complaining about vader

Me neither, considering majority of top 20 consists of a Vader lead... that definitely means he is not up to par right? (Sarcasm)
  • Options
    Vader needs no improvement. With his zeta and new empire toons, he's now one of the most powerful toons to have, period. I've seen him do a saber throw for over a quarter million points because of those DOT bonuses; that's not a character who needs help, in my opinion. Yes, at lower levels he's kinda weak tea, but if you zeta him and give him a good team (Snowtrooper, TFP, Shoretrooper, EP, or Tusken Shaman) then you have a brutal team indeed.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't touch Vader, I'm working so hard to zeta him. Would absolutely suck banta fodder if he gets nerfed.
  • Options
    If Vader gets to hit any harder, I want his toughness to take a hit. A big one. In a proper team, Vader is already super powerful. Almost scary - as befits him.
  • Options
    I agree with 2 dots on basic. Don't even make it require an ability blocked target just make it 2 irresistible dots on basic.