A day late and a dollar short.. Gam Guard help...

107 posts Member
Hola so ive got this piggy up to 6* and level7 on moves. However, there is an issue. Whilst running him in a r&d zader team in gw I noticed that he would not do 2 dots on his basic. As stated per that basic 2 dots per basic hit. Meaning 100% every time. Well after utilizing him I have found that even the crappiest toons he doesn't do the 2 dots basic. At best for his basic its like s e x panther, 60% of the time it works every time. Does anyone have experience with gg? Do I need his potency to be over 75% to get his 100% 2 dot basic to do 2 dots every time? Kinda confused here. I mean whats the point of maxing certain things to 100% only to be subdued by weaker and wacker toons? Ive got mine to 42% potency.. is that not good enough?

Replies

• Options
    Guaranteed application doesn't mean that they are guaranteed to stick. Rancor raid generally requires 75-80% potency. You'll still have the base 15% resist chance, though.
    107 posts Member
    Options
    So basically its guaranteed not to be a guarantee... not a good gaming concept imo.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    All effects have 2 gates to pass through.

Will it happen, most skills give a % here. In this case no %, I guess implies it will happen. Check

Second gate, toon resistance. Always a minimum of 15%...can be higher depending on tenacity potency relationship.... (15 feels like 50 most of the time in this game)
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Wait wait guys I'm not talking about the rancor raid. Im talking me using my gg in g.w. to stack dots
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    What I described was normal game mechanics no matter where you are.
    107 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ok I got that. So then what your saying is I need to have more potency then god to have a decent effect on weaker toons per your gate 2 info. Even if that means those toons have significantly lower everything per my gg.
  • Options
    Yeah - there's always a check before anything sticks, doesn't matter if it's guaranteed or not.

Example - Vader - Jedi aren't supposed to be able to resist Vader's basic for ability block, but they do sometimes. Also if you defeat an enemy with his culling blade, it's supposed to be a 100% turn meter gain to go again - sometimes it doesn't work right either. The latter would probably depend on your team's current turn meter and if they're actually "further along" than what Vader's 100% TM gain.