Home One Bundle Pack. Worth it?

Hi, guys! Well, I unlocked the fleet area 3 days ago and yesterday I was already top1 in Fleet Arena (with 15k less power than the 2nd guy), really liking this part of the game and loving the amount of shards I can buy in the Fleet Shipments. My question is: is it worth to buy the Home One Pack? It features 50 Poe's Shards, 25 Ahsoka's Shards (both of them ships+toons), 15 ship shards for JC, that **** clone and Resistance Pilot, as well 40 shards for AA and 10 for Windu (plus credits and gear).
The 4 players that share the top5 with me have bought that and I'm really thinking about it.
Imo, I think it'll guarantee my top1 everyday, and I'll be able to focus on better ships (because I'll be able to beat the challenges that I can't atm), such as Slave 1 (already at 20/80) and a few shards for other toons, because if I don't buy it, it'll take sometime to get all my ships to 2*, then 3* (which this bundle will almost instantly do)...
I know the megafleet pack is worthless but I'm really seeing some value in this bundle, am I wrong or is it a good buy to just boost my start and allow me to keep a high rank?

BTW, that's my collection: https://swgoh.gg/u/matucci/collection/
Focusing on getting Biggs/Lando/Boba to 7* and AA to 5* (will do IG-88 after, to get the 5th Scoundrel)

Replies

• Options
    IMO spending is best at the beginning of things to play the front runner. Spending to play catch-up doesn't quite seem to be as good of an investment to me.
  • Options
    Was gonna say: "LOL, heck no"
    Then I saw your roster and in that case, yep, worth it.
    Be wary of the fact that Ackbar will slowly become the worst capital ship of the three currently available though.

And "that **** clone" will be the bane of your existence soon enough, once you hit the higher tier challenges.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I would buy the mace windu ship pack... Mace windu ship is amazing
  • Options
    No. If you buy any ship pack get the dark side one to work yourself towards what you will need to get zeta mats. I bought both the mace and home one packs and other then the charter shards for Ashoka, Jc, mace it was a waste of money.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • MaTucci
    73 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    IMO spending is best at the beginning of things to play the front runner. Spending to play catch-up doesn't quite seem to be as good of an investment to me.

But isn't that what I'm doing? I"m already getting rank 1 everyday, I want to buy this pack to save me time from farming bad ships and allowing me to farm the ships I'll use since week 1.
    Was gonna say: "LOL, heck no"
    Then I saw your roster and in that case, yep, worth it.
    Be wary of the fact that Ackbar will slowly become the worst capital ship of the three currently available though.

And "that **** clone" will be the bane of your existence soon enough, once you hit the higher tier challenges.

I know Ackbar will become the third option, but the other packs are: Shards for Windu and his ship along with Ahsoka's shards too, and it wouldn't save me the time from farming bad ships, and the dark side pack which is the worst of all 3.
    Tjbear02 wrote: »
    I would buy the mace windu ship pack... Mace windu ship is amazing

As I said above, the Mace Pack is like: Mace shards and Ahsoka shards. What I want from this bundle is too give a me solid team (to keep at rank 1 for a week or 2) while I spend this time farming the good ships that I'll need.
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    No. If you buy any ship pack get the dark side one to work yourself towards what you will need to get zeta mats. I bought both the mace and home one packs and other then the charter shards for Ashoka, Jc, mace it was a waste of money.

The dark side pack is terrible. It gives you less shards and the ships are worse. The Home One pack gives you 1 3* ship along with a 3* toon, a 2* ship along with a 2* toon and boost all your other LS ships to 2* (will bump mine to 3*). The dark pack would do half of it
  • Options
    You need dark side ships to get zetas... Those light side ships won't help you with that.
  • Options
    You need dark side ships to get zetas... Those light side ships won't help you with that.

I'm not even level 64, I have at least some months until I can farm zetas. And the Dark Side Pack gives me: 15 shards for a ship that's isn't farmable, 15 shards for 2 ships I'm already farming (but are not my priority, since I need to farm other ships to beat the challenges) and 25 shards for a ship from a toon that I don't even have (and the pack doesn't give its shards). My point is: if I get the LS Pack, I won't be needing to farm those bad ships and can already focus on the good ships (LS and DS).
  • Options
    MaTucci wrote: »

I'm not even level 64, I have at least some months until I can farm zetas. And the Dark Side Pack gives me: 15 shards for a ship that's isn't farmable, 15 shards for 2 ships I'm already farming (but are not my priority, since I need to farm other ships to beat the challenges) and 25 shards for a ship from a toon that I don't even have (and the pack doesn't give its shards). My point is: if I get the LS Pack, I won't be needing to farm those bad ships and can already focus on the good ships (LS and DS).

Get the home one bundle. You keep calling the dark side ships the bad ships. And anytime someone tells you to get the dark side bundle so you can get zetas you argue that you don't want the dark side ships. You don't really want advice as to which bundle to get. You are looking for confirmation that we support you spending $50 or whatever it costs for the bundle so that you don't feel guilty for buying it. So Yes it is worth it. Enjoy
  • Options
    Maljr1980 wrote: »

Get the home one bundle. You keep calling the dark side ships the bad ships. And anytime someone tells you to get the dark side bundle so you can get zetas you argue that you don't want the dark side ships. You don't really want advice as to which bundle to get. You are looking for confirmation that we support you spending $50 or whatever it costs for the bundle so that you don't feel guilty for buying it. So Yes it is worth it. Enjoy

I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, I'm just looking for opinions. One guy told me to get the dark side packs and I explained why I think it's a bad deal, since I'll get a dead ship and a ship which I'll need to farm 50 shards for a toon that is not being used, just to be play with his ship. And I'm trying to understand what are the reasons he's telling me to do that, because I can't see them.

Not trying to get confirmation for anything, that's why I created this thread, to listen to opinions, not to convince myself it's worth. I have my opinion, but since I'm new to the game I'm looking for more experienced players, but that doesn't mean I'm going to accept something because one guy told me that, and I can't see why it's useful atm.
  • Options

I understand where you are coming from. Which ship is not farmable? Because all 5 that I see in the ds pack are farmable in gw/fleet comm shipments. Try going for mauls ship... It likes to take breaks. I'm in the position of having 8 4* light side because I didn't plan for zetas ( or even bother to notice I needed tarkin unlocked to access it). That's probably why I am so disappointed with my spending and current results.
  • Options

I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, I'm just looking for opinions. One guy told me to get the dark side packs and I explained why I think it's a bad deal, since I'll get a dead ship and a ship which I'll need to farm 50 shards for a toon that is not being used, just to be play with his ship. And I'm trying to understand what are the reasons he's telling me to do that, because I can't see them.

Not trying to get confirmation for anything, that's why I created this thread, to listen to opinions, not to convince myself it's worth. I have my opinion, but since I'm new to the game I'm looking for more experienced players, but that doesn't mean I'm going to accept something because one guy told me that, and I can't see why it's useful atm.

I bought the Jedi starter pack with mace when I started the game. Bought the endurance bundle, and with the fleet commander challenge for mace and a little farming he was my first 7 star and has the highest power rating on my roster
  • Options

I understand where you are coming from. Which ship is not farmable? Because all 5 that I see in the ds pack are farmable in gw/fleet comm shipments. Try going for mauls ship... It likes to take breaks. I'm in the position of having 8 4* light side because I didn't plan for zetas ( or even bother to notice I needed tarkin unlocked to access it). That's probably why I am so disappointed with my spending and current results.

I'll just write them down to make it easier: And btw, I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just trying to see what's (and if there is) a better deal

LS Pack:
    - 40 Shards for AA
    - 10 Shards for Mace
    - 25 shards for Ahsoka + her ship to 2* (she is even useful for Jedi teams and Mod Challenges. Will farm her after my Boba is 7*)
    - 50 shards for Poe + his ship to 3*
    - JC's ship to 3*
    - Sargent Clone and Resistance Pilot's ships to 2*
    Allowing me to do the challenge which will give me the second reinforcement and 3* for the fleet commanders

DS Pack:
    - 25 shards for FOTP + his ship to 1* (his ship is not farmable and FOTP is really hard to farm)
    - TFP's ship to 2* (already farming it, but I wont farm TFP anytime soon)
    - 50 shards for Sun Fac (almost unlocking him from guild store) + his ship to 2* (already farming it too)
    - 40 shards for Tarkin
    - 15 shards for Geo Spy's ship (I don't have him and I won't farm him)
    - 15 shards for the GS's ship (which is my best ship along with JC's and my current farm, along with other ships)
    With this pack, I'd still have only 3 ships that are not 1* and would still need to farm Sargent Clone and Resistance Pilot's ships.

My point is: With the LS pack and keep on farming JC's, GS's, Ahsoka's, ****'s and Sun Fac's (along with Wedge and Slave 1) ships from week 1, and not "wasting" resources on worse ships.
    But again: is it worth it? I know "worth it" is a subjective question, but I'm just looking for opinions and to see if I'm saying something wrong
  • Options
    JC ship is really strong with a high level/star/gear JC, same for Ahsoka. Ahsoka is really good Jedi character outside of ships.
    Slave 1 and Scimitar and imperial tie fighter are really good ships and boba/maul/tfp are good strong characters outside of ships and are good raid characters.
  • Options
    Fotp may be hard to farm but his ship shows up in fleet quite often. So it is totally farmable.

I dunno get what you want to. I just regret buying the light side pack instead of the ds one. Maybe it's just cause I am too busy drooling over zetas who knows.
  • Options
    If it helps you at all, ships were released when I was about level 63. I didn't buy the packs, but did buy a chest of crystals (during one of those 25% more crystals events) to buy fleet data cards. That was, imho, money well spent to give me a quick boost in ships.

I can do the zeta challenge, but wasn't able to immediately, mostly because the credit crunch didn't allow me to star/level ships fast enough to be able to. I used TFP, GS, Boba, Sun Fac and Vader for the DS challenge, and my arena team (but with Clone instead of Vader, because Vader is stuck at 4*) for the actual zeta challenge. Given as you can't get Vader's ship (and who knows when it'll be back), I would suggest to dedicate farm to Maul, because he is a decent toon, and his ship **** me up every time when it comes out of reinforcements (take a lot of damage before my dispeller comes around). However, maul works particularly well with AA (bonus prot when attack out of turn, and counterattack is an attack out of turn, meaning the opposing team doesn't make a dent until they can dispell it).

Long story short, if you're looking for a boost and can use the ships there, the H1 pack seems like a good option, and I agree with your reasoning. Whether you can hold onto 1st spot without dedicating farm to your ship arena team and pilots, I don't know. But using the 1st place rewards to build a solid team is a good idea: get ahead and use the rewards to stay ahead is a pretty solid play.
  • Options
    JC ship is really strong with a high level/star/gear JC, same for Ahsoka. Ahsoka is really good Jedi character outside of ships.
    Slave 1 and Scimitar and imperial tie fighter are really good ships and boba/maul/tfp are good strong characters outside of ships and are good raid characters.

That's what I'm aiming for!
    Fotp may be hard to farm but his ship shows up in fleet quite often. So it is totally farmable.

I dunno get what you want to. I just regret buying the light side pack instead of the ds one. Maybe it's just cause I am too busy drooling over zetas who knows.

Sorry, when you try to locate the FOTP's ship shards it says it's only from data packs, but just showed up in my fleet shipments now.
    I understand your point, but I think you were a bit further than me when ships were released, that's why you maybe didn't have the "time" to create a good roster until you reached the point where you can farm zetas.
    Acrofales wrote: »
    If it helps you at all, ships were released when I was about level 63. I didn't buy the packs, but did buy a chest of crystals (during one of those 25% more crystals events) to buy fleet data cards. That was, imho, money well spent to give me a quick boost in ships.

I can do the zeta challenge, but wasn't able to immediately, mostly because the credit crunch didn't allow me to star/level ships fast enough to be able to. I used TFP, GS, Boba, Sun Fac and Vader for the DS challenge, and my arena team (but with Clone instead of Vader, because Vader is stuck at 4*) for the actual zeta challenge. Given as you can't get Vader's ship (and who knows when it'll be back), I would suggest to dedicate farm to Maul, because he is a decent toon, and his ship **** me up every time when it comes out of reinforcements (take a lot of damage before my dispeller comes around). However, maul works particularly well with AA (bonus prot when attack out of turn, and counterattack is an attack out of turn, meaning the opposing team doesn't make a dent until they can dispell it).

Long story short, if you're looking for a boost and can use the ships there, the H1 pack seems like a good option, and I agree with your reasoning. Whether you can hold onto 1st spot without dedicating farm to your ship arena team and pilots, I don't know. But using the 1st place rewards to build a solid team is a good idea: get ahead and use the rewards to stay ahead is a pretty solid play.

Thanks! Yes, I'll focus on Maul too, always buying the Scimitar blueprints when it shows up.

And thanks everybody for the answers, I think I'll do it, and hopefully won't regret :)
  • Options
    I had time but I didn't realize what my goal should be so I spent the first two month collecting cool ls ships I had bought part of.