[Theorycrafting] Who'll be the 5th best on a chaze wiggs team to deal with empire Deathnnic team

Sgc8647
87 posts Member
edited January 2017
Hi, now that krennic and death troopers are coming and have a huge advantage vs rebel teams, who would you use in a wiggs chaze team to try to have a chance?

Here is what i am thinking so far that can help for the +1

a Fast Boba to AoE ability block : Krennic or Deathtrooper or EP for the 2 turn AB ?

GK for a secondary dispel to get rid of those debuff ? (but you won't get tenacity from Chirrut because of TFP) and to act as a secondary tank to take the hits of from Baze (since Deathtrooper can double attack on Basic vs rebel and daze+stun them)

Zeta Yoda for the secondary Tenacity up + Foresight to absobe EP AoE stun and prevent a partial dispel

Rex for the Dispel+Tenacity and TM

A faster EP

Ventress to dispel ShT and lets wiggs kill someone on turn 1 to mitigate some incoming damage instead of having to tripple shoot into ShT

a Secondary tank (STha for TM / SRP for AoE Offense down / SF for Dispel on basic Counter atack / ShT) slower then Deathtrooper to take the brunt damage off from Baze after he has done taunting, so that Wiggs and chaze can do the damage...

An other character you would see there ?
Post edited by Sgc8647 on

Replies

• Options
    I would say Boba because that team needs to be blocked before they get rolling. Or B2 just because of the tm gain when attacks hit Baze. But ability block is going to be clutch against Krooper teams.
  • Options
    I would say Boba because that team needs to be blocked before they get rolling. Or B2 just because of the tm gain when attacks hit Baze. But ability block is going to be clutch against Krooper teams.

B2 buff blocks, but doesn't ability block. Ability block seems more important vs. Krennic teams.
  • Options
    Solution: Stop using chaze and use your brain instead.
  • Sgc8647
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »

Thank you for that enlightening comment, that contribute to the discussion.

So overall either you can try to delay the empire team with ability block (Boba) or add a secondary Cleanse. (Yoda / rex / GK) , I wounder what is the best option.
  • Options
    I think a Rebel team has to delay the debuffs and then hope they can muster enough DPS to get the edge early. I assume you've have to go after someone other than Krennic (crit immunity) or DT (Krennic revives him). It will be interesting to see if Rebels can hang.
  • Options
    What worries me is the unresistable Ability block on crit from Krennic leadership as well (on top of the daze, stun, Stagger negative status effect that his duo brings)
  • Options
    How about maul, ep, tfp,boba,shore
  • Options
    GK...
    Crit immunity.
  • Sgc8647
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Malthael wrote: »
    GK...
    Crit immunity.

I agree that he is a good counter to Deathnnic. but my issue is that (with some luck and RNG on empire side) he can be prevented to have a significant impact (his dispel or Lead the chage) in the earlier turns with a combination of Stagger from Krennic / a Stun from EP / An ability Block from Krennic's leadership.

I agree that GK is very tanky and even if Ability blocked he can still take a hit since he will be taunting and has that 65% of getting foresight during each of his turn (and can grant it to an ally with his basic) so he still gets a chance to dispel and reverse the course of Battle

Also Malthael remember that under Krennic's leadership (Ability Block) you will probably need a secondary cleanse to ble able to cover for GK (he will eventualy get Crit immunity who will be able to use special ability since he won't be auto ability block from Krennic's leadership
  • Options
    Sgc8647 wrote: »
    Malthael wrote: »
    GK...
    Crit immunity.

I agree that he is a good counter to Deathnnic. but my issue is that (with some luck and RNG on empire side) he can be prevented to have a significant impact (his dispel or Lead the chage) in the earlier turns with a combination of Stagger from Krennic / a Stun from EP / An ability Block from Krennic's leadership.

I agree that GK is very tanky and even if Ability blocked he can still take a hit since he will be taunting and has that 65% of getting foresight during each of his turn (and can grant it to an ally with his basic) so he still gets a chance to dispel and reverse the course of Battle

Also Malthael remember that under Krennic's leadership (Ability Block) you will probably need a secondary cleanse to ble able to cover for GK (he will eventualy get Crit immunity who will be able to use special ability since he won't be auto ability block from Krennic's leadership

Oh I wasn't saying that the "Empire teams" will get destroyed by it, far from it. I was just saying as the best 5th.
    They (deathnic) are coming to directly counter the chaze combo so I wouldn't expect any miracles.
  • Options
    i don't expect miracles, but i am still looking anyway....

So you think that this +1 should be GK over ZYoda or rex ?
  • Options
    Enemy tfp goes first - Jyn giving tm to baze - he dispels - biggs special on krennic - chirrut tenacity up?

In the end its the mods who say who wins. Right?
  • Options
    Saritoss wrote: »
    Enemy tfp goes first - Jyn giving tm to baze - he dispels - biggs special on krennic - chirrut tenacity up?

In the end its the mods who say who wins. Right?

Not a bad idea really.
    unfortunatly because of Buff immunity from TFP when Chirrut use his Dispel/Tenacity you will be able to put tenacity up only on allies that where not affected by Buff immunity

But then i imagine that the turn sequence would be a toss up because TFP would also trigger Biggs (because of his unique) so its a 50% chance to have Jyn go before Biggs. Not that is necesarly the problem because you can keep from using the tripple shot. I understand your idea with the early Baze Dispel is to take one of the empire out ( Krennic is Death trooper doesn't have his Zeta as it prevents crit to the Director. I would probably target Deathtrooper to prevent the Dispel / Deathmark even if i know that he will be instantly revived on that first turn by Krennic with the AoE Stagger. But as long as you can delay "Terminate" then Jyn can revive any rebel that were killed + her Zeta lead that recover 5% protection. Unfortunatly Wiggs doesn't give out many Buff to realy get lots of protection back. But it is still better then nothing to rely on Chirrut's Hot)

But after TFP goes and most of the rebels (since they are naturaly faster) Deathtrooper will AoE dispel and then that leave you open to the AoE Stun from EP and the AoE Stagger from Krennic on turn 1 since they should be slower then deathtrooper,

Of course it has been for some time who has the most speed from mods win but i am trying to think on just pure abilities (assuming comparable mods)
  • Options
    TBH its hard to speculate when you didnt say whole Krennic setup.
    I assumed tfp was in it, was not sure abaut emperor.
  • Sgc8647
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    a full Deathnnic setup will probably look like something like this

EP, Deathnnic, TFP, ShT (lead can be EP or Krennic)

Vader to be effective needs to either be his own lead or needs EP lead. Krennic needs Deathtrooper (so he can benefit from his crit immunity) and can't really go by himself because you will be missing the Dispel that is needed to take down the AoE Tenacity buff. Empire team needs B2 or Deathtrooper.

Deathtrooper can replace B2 in the standard empire team (Ep, Vader, TFP, ShT, B2)

----
    So i was reviewing again your Jyn idea and in fact I believe it has a lot of merit if you can make her go before TFP (there is only 8 base speed difference)

if Jyn can go before TFP then you can controle the order of who goes in the turn.
    Jyn goes and 100% TM Baze who can single target dispel. Then TFP goes, triggering counter attack on him and biggs. then all the rebels (minus baze and Jyn) go and you are looking to finish off TFP and EP to cripple the Empire team before they go...

• Options
    Lets assume everyone has 90 speed from mods
    Emperor 122 + 90 = 212
    Krennic 129 = 219
    DT 124 = 214
    ST 117 = 207
    TFP 170 = 260

Jyn 163 + 90 = 253
    Biggs 153 = 243
    Wedge 155 = 245
    Chirrut 153 = 243
    Baze 90 = 180

TFP goes first AOE everyone (chance to crit biggs) - Jyn gives tm to baze - Baze dispels ST - Wedge hits emperor - Biggs KO DT - Chirrut cleans debuffs - krennic cant revive DT and hits baze taunt - emperor aoe stuns - ST taunts - TFP hits Baze Taunt - NOW it rly depends who didnt get stuned by emperor aoe but as you can see baze still got his taunt up. AND krennic can only revive if someone is debuffed.
  • Options
    TFP is empire, so he will trigger Biggs even if he doesn't crit... He is not triggered only if he dodges that attack.
  • Options
    @Saritoss

Agreed on the turn of event. Jyn offers a solid viable solution to counter a Deathnnic set up.

How do you feel about a ZYoda, GK or Rex (l) set up, with the chaze+wiggs to counter Empire Deathnnic (and which offer the most benefit outside of facing empire) ?
  • Options
    Darthbinks wrote: »

Thank you for that enlightening comment, that contribute to the discussion.

So overall it is either you can try to delay the empire team with ability block (Boba) or add a secondary Cleanse. (Yoda / rex / GK) i wounder what is going to work best...

English plz?
  • Options
    Rex lead, Chaze, GK, Zarris. Drop wiggs. Eat Empire for breakfast.

• Options

the idea is not to drop Wiggs (since it is the "current almost previous" meta) so any suggestion for that +1 ?
  • Options

the idea is not to drop Wiggs (since it is the "current almost previous" meta) so any suggestion for that +1 ?

You could try with rex (l), chaze and wiggs, though I'm not sure if it will guarantee the desired outcome. The 4 cleanser + tm on crit approach of the team I suggested is essentially a can't lose proposition vs debuff heavy teams of the empire. That said, a tenacity mod stacked stacked rex l could possibly still carry the day.
  • Sgc8647
    87 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @7AnimalMother

Agreed so far we have come up with ZYoda, Rex, GK, Jynn as good solutions (while not necesarly optimal and guarantied a win it give the team a fighting chance)

Now who do you think would be best ?
  • Options
    i don't expect miracles, but i am still looking anyway....

So you think that this +1 should be GK over ZYoda or rex ?

I would go with Rex over ZYoda.
    T Pain
  • Options
    Tks again.
    Now between a Rex of a GK who would you choose ?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Jyn is by far more than a viable solution to the new empire team, she is the best addition to that rebel team all around in my opinion, but especially for the empire team.

Make her leader. The potency may not be so effective in the rebel squad you have listed (not sure exactly, it will still be nice for her, but being able to stack potency with her unique on every crit is really effective), but the 5% protection regeneration every time you gain a buff is ridiculous. Chirrut's Healing equalize/dispel/hot dropper and random HOT dropping combined with that protection regeneration against an empire team (debuff city) is insane.

It is also quite prolific with K2S0 and Cassian (as would be expected, those 2, Chaze, and Jyn together make up the heroes of the latest movie, those 5 together should comprise the ultimate team available at the moment).

Wedge's leader ability is ridiculous, but so is the amount of healing that Chirrut puts out without trying, it's almost superflous, plus it's not guaranteed. The protection regeneration is super guaranteed. Baze's auto buffs, Biggs's self buff, Chirrut's auto hots on everybody...

Plus Jyn is immune to stun, and can keep one character on the opponent's team from ever being able to go (give herself advantage with her basic, use truncheon strike, it crits, she takes all their turn meter, gives it to herself, AND stuns them. Rinse and repeat). The emperor might be able to stun most of your team once, but not afterwards. He'd never go again. Now she couldn't stun DK if DT was alive, but she could still steal his turn frequently if he was the target.

The advantage granted on her basic turns her aoe with a "possible" revive into a guaranteed revive at 100% health if there are still 5 enemies up. It's a guaranteed revive at 20% health if there's only one.

This is a double Zeta Jyn (one for stun immunity, one for protection regen), of course, and I would say it is a guaranteed win. Just too much healing and protection regen going on, and the empire team only feeds into it. The protection regen basically makes Chirrut's auto HOT's still heal people (immediately!) even if they have healing immunity. Now buff immunity is a bit of a problem, but this team does have a dispell...

I think you could auto battle this team against the empire team and you would win with every one of your characters at full health and protection. I think the only team that could possibly beat it with AI is the same team except with Cassian and K2S0 instead of Wiggs. Any player controlled group could only win because of great RNG.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Saritoss wrote: »
    Lets assume everyone has 90 speed from mods
    Emperor 122 + 90 = 212
    Krennic 129 = 219
    DT 124 = 214
    ST 117 = 207
    TFP 170 = 260

Jyn 163 + 90 = 253
    Biggs 153 = 243
    Wedge 155 = 245
    Chirrut 153 = 243
    Baze 90 = 180

TFP goes first AOE everyone (chance to crit biggs) - Jyn gives tm to baze - Baze dispels ST - Wedge hits emperor - Biggs KO DT - Chirrut cleans debuffs - krennic cant revive DT and hits baze taunt - emperor aoe stuns - ST taunts - TFP hits Baze Taunt - NOW it rly depends who didnt get stuned by emperor aoe but as you can see baze still got his taunt up. AND krennic can only revive if someone is debuffed.

U may wanna check swgoh.gg and read how tanky DT is. He has a ridiculously high health/prot. After mods, he can easily attain 80k health/prot. He won't b getting 1-shotted. Also, if an empire toon uses a special while ST is taunting, they gain 15% tm. Count on TFP under EP lead to go 2x b4 anyone but Biggs or B2 could.